chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v West Ham (PL/H) *****

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Weeeelll. West Ham are a top team. They were in Europe. Declan Rice. Jarrod Bowen. Blah Blah Blah.

We aren't in the same time zone let alone same pitch.

WE could not beat the binners at the moment , the way city are playing

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

No Buendia or Skipp this time, but you keep burying your head up your ****, that's as embarrassing as the performances, I'm literally embarrassed for you, but hey as you say entertaining for the rest of us, cheers me up seeing people so utterly deluded 👍😂

We didn't have Skipp last time we were in the Premier League...

1 minute ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

My wife just said that you should stay to the end to ‘avoid the traffic’ …🤣🤣🤣🥹🥹🥹

Parma 

Yeah, looks a good bet. 

I will turn off the lights when I go.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Yet with a similar points total last time out, we kept the same board, management and playing staff and won the league.

I get people are angry, but the reactions on here are as embarrassing as the performances on the pitch

Entertaining though....do carry on everyone

I will and I’m sure many others might too. Just not real fans are we!!

You in cloud cuckoo land if you think this same team and manager will win the league next season ..need key surgery in whole spine of team to even compete for top 6 

Edited by Wirecanary
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

No Buendia or Skipp this time, but you keep burying your head up your ****, that's as embarrassing as the performances, I'm literally embarrassed for you, but hey as you say entertaining for the rest of us, cheers me up seeing people so utterly deluded 👍😂

Has it been announced we're signing no one this summer?

Thanks for your concern and being 'literally' embarrassed for me 🤣

I just don't take it all as seriously as it seems some on here do. I cant get angry enough to start talking so abusively about the club or its fans.

I'm also not going to overreact about a season that hasn't even started yet. I've heard all this angry nonsense before and now it's just funny, because the seasons some oracles on here have predicted would result in relegation or mid table mediocrity have been... somewhat different.

You need to look up what delusional means before using it so readily

3 minutes ago, chicken said:

We didn't have Skipp last time we were in the Premier League...

What's that got to do with the price of fish? We're talking about how well we'll do next year, Zac seems to think because we did fine last time we will again...... We won't and Skipp is part of the reason why. 

**** sake.  Today we don't need a bloody comeback.

EDIT: oh good handball ruled out.

Edited by shefcanary

I'm sure those saying we will be fine next season in the championship with this squad are the same people saying we had a decent summer window and kept believing we would stay up all the way up to March. 

There's nothing wrong with being positive but people really need to start seeing the evidence in front of them, this squad is nowhere near good enough to compete for top 2 next season. Webber had ripped the soul out of the team and removed any creative players we had before to build a team of average players without any flair. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fiery Zac said:

I just don't take it all as seriously as it seems some on here do.

This sums up the issue with our football club and the lethargy of our fans. 

• Like 2

city players already got their buckets and spades out some have already there with towels on deck chairs by the pool , knowing they will be playing here next season  no matter what

8 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Also you do realise club's have been promoted in the past without Buendia and Skipp? (Including us).

At least I'm not burying my head in the past. I look forward to the next star, the next transfer steal, up and coming loan, or free transfer.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Today's game throws up an interesting bit of trivia. Who is the only captain to walk up the steps at Wembley to collect 3 different trophies in 3 successive years? 

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

What the actual f**K is Wee Billy Krankie doing in the lineup.

Smith out, jesus christ, get that desperation bargain basement Farke stand in out of the door before this season is concluded.
I have literally turned the car around, not going to sit through this sh1t, sitting in the garden and ignoring football this arvo instead.

Gilmour starting . its clown shoes it really is.

When are you lot going to get it? Nothing is going to change until our wonderful owners kick the bucket and probably not even then. The best we can hope for is that we don’t drop back into league 1.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, priceyrice said:

I'm sure those saying we will be fine next season in the championship with this squad are the same people saying we had a decent summer window and kept believing we would stay up all the way up to March. 

There's nothing wrong with being positive but people really need to start seeing the evidence in front of them, this squad is nowhere near good enough to compete for top 2 next season. Webber had ripped the soul out of the team and removed any creative players we had before to build a team of average players without any flair. 

He did exactly the same at Huddersfield! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

What's that got to do with the price of fish? We're talking about how well we'll do next year, Zac seems to think because we did fine last time we will again...... We won't and Skipp is part of the reason why. 

Never said that. Don't make up what I'm saying

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Painful to think we've still got 3 games left to play this season. Embarrassing. 

When did we start 'playing' ? 😉

17 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Yet with a similar points total last time out, we kept the same board, management and playing staff and won the league.

I get people are angry, but the reactions on here are as embarrassing as the performances on the pitch

Entertaining though....do carry on everyone

How confident are you this time?

The club felt a lot more together going down last time than it did this time. And a lot of the **** from 19/20 was put down to the post COVID awful run of form. Up to then we at least put in some cracking performances amongst the ****e - and had gotten plenty of praise for our style of play when it went well. Everything made sense about how / why we were being relegated and the greater goal.

This time, no praise or positivity whatsoever. Our best performances have been 6.5-7/10 at best - but mostly few and far between. The lows have been atrocious. And it’s no longer clear what we’re building for at all. It’s a total existential crisis…

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

This sums up the issue with our football club and the lethargy of our fans. 

Hmm, selective quoting. Clever.

The next sentence talks about anger and what I believe is an overreaction of some fans to the club/situation and, wrongly other fans.

2 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Never said that. Don't make up what I'm saying

Yes you did, you said about going down with similar points to last time and how we bounced back to win the league to counter my comment that next season will be just as dross as this one 🙄

16 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Everything. Someone Fiery Zac was comparing this season to the last one in the premier league. You said it's because we don't have Skipp - we didn't have Skipp then either. 

Edited by chicken