chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v West Ham (PL/H) *****

May be an image of 2 people and text that says "LOTUS Joma JD Vitality Premier League WESTHA ( LONDON aptain LOTUS NORWICHCITY CITY V WEST HHAM UTD CARROW ROAD SUNDAY MAY8 KICK-OFF 2PM (UK)"
May be an image of map and text that says "GLOBAL KICK-OFF NORWICHO CITYV WEST HAM UNITED Helsinki 16:00 Toronto 09:00 Norwich 14:00 Berlin 15:00 Tampa Bay 09:00 Los Angeles 06:00 Beijing 21:00 Pristina 15:00 Abu Dhabi 17:00 Athens 16:00 Rio De Janeiro 10:00 Seoul 22:00 Hong Kong 21:00 Bangkok 20:00 Nairobi 16:00 TAMPA BAY FLORIDA Buenos Aires 10:00 Sydney 23:00"
image.png.93a021d33eb3369e7edf6cc41f1d2360.png
May be an image of 12 people and text that says "WESTH LONDON #NORWHU STARTINGX PUKKI RASHICA DOWELL LEES-MELOU SORENSEN LOTUS GILMOUR C WILLIAMS BYRAM HANLEY AARONS HS KRUL SUBS RUPP GIBBS SPRINGETT GUNN. GIBSON •GIANNOULIS. TZOLIS. ROWE PŁACHETA DRAFT KINGS"

Videos:

Articles:
The bbc have their article up here.
The Pinkun has it's pre match press conference article here.
The club has it's match preview at canaries.co.uk here.
West Ham have their own match preview article here.

Ins, Outs, Shake em all abouts:
Norwich: Idah, Omobamidele and Kabak won't be seen again this season. Joining them it would seem are McLean and Sargent. Zimmermann is out with a groin injury that Smith incorrectly identified as a hip flexor in the lead up to the Villa game.
West Ham: Craig Dawson is fit and available for selection again, Noble could start on his 35th Birthday.

Referee: Robert Jones. 
Assistants: Ian Hussin, Wade Smith. 
Fourth official: Kevin Friend. 
VAR: Graham Scott. 
Assistant VAR: Simon Long.

A little bit of knowledge:
Founded as Thames Ironworks in 1895 and played for five years under that name before becoming West Ham Utd in 1900. West Ham have won the FA Cup three times, 1964, 1975 and 1980 and were first promoted to the top flight in 1923. They won the European Cup in 1965 and were runners up in 1976. They also won the no longer held Intertoto Cup in 1999. They are one of 8 teams to never have fallen below the second tier of English football. Like our beloved Norwich City FC, their highest ever league finish was 3rd in the old First Division (top tier of English football) in the 1985-86 season. 

Rays Funds for the Community Sports Foundation
Nutty has his PUPs thread up and running as usual. Please do go and take a look and take part in all of the fun.

Edited by chicken
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6

Today's game throws up an interesting bit of trivia. Who is the only captain to walk up the steps at Wembley to collect 3 different trophies in 3 successive years? 

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Today's game throws up an interesting bit of trivia. Who is the only captain to walk up the steps at Wembley to collect 3 different trophies in 3 successive years? 

Is that from when West ham won the world cup?

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Martin Peters? 

May be an image of 12 people and text that says "WESTH LONDON #NORWHU STARTINGX PUKKI RASHICA DOWELL LEES-MELOU SORENSEN LOTUS GILMOUR C WILLIAMS BYRAM HANLEY AARONS HS KRUL SUBS RUPP GIBBS SPRINGETT GUNN. GIBSON •GIANNOULIS. TZOLIS. ROWE PŁACHETA DRAFT KINGS"

Some folks have their wish. No Normann in the matchday squad at all. Sorensen given the nod. The bench full of our own players and a few youngsters.

Edited by chicken

Is Normann injured or is he one of the ones Smith reckons has chucked it? Interesting line-up, it’ll be good to see how Sorenson does

Literally no case to be made for Gilmour to still be starting, just **** off Smith!!! 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Is Normann injured or is he one of the ones Smith reckons has chucked it? Interesting line-up, it’ll be good to see how Sorenson does

Waaaadio Naaarrrfolk latest from Chris Gorrrrham is that he has a thigh injury.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Gilmour and Williams - there's literally no point? Bizarre selection.

It must be that we have to pay more if they don't play 

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Be absolutely sod's law that Gilmour puts in a world class performance today...

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Smith said he wants to win these games.

Williams is a better defender than Giannoulis and Rupp is more fragile than a 2 day old kitten and would probably be out for next season if he played this one. Since he seems to be the only other available midfielder, I’m guessing it’s why we have the team we have.

Smith has dropped them both when he wanted to, so clearly the paying for games thing doesn’t actually have any impact on his team selections.

Edited by Jambomo
  • Like 1

What the actual f**K is Wee Billy Krankie doing in the lineup.

Smith out, jesus christ, get that desperation bargain basement Farke stand in out of the door before this season is concluded.
I have literally turned the car around, not going to sit through this sh1t, sitting in the garden and ignoring football this arvo instead.

Gilmour starting . its clown shoes it really is.

Gilmour was one of our best players in the last game but I'd still not have picked him over our own.

Williams however....

I don't think I've ever been so 'meh' about a starting line up since the 2007 - 2008 years.

• Like 1

yippee Sorenson in  at LAST. Better than most just hope he plays well. Williams and Gilmore in why ???? Would have more chance of winning if he played the youngsters who hava a point to prove. At least they would give 100%.

I know we want to pick up points but need the team effort.

Come on you yellows 

7 minutes ago, Orly said:

I don't think I've ever been so 'meh' about a starting line up since the 2007 - 2008 years.

Well that's cheered us all up😂

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

It can't be THAT much per game surely???? If its club crippling then whoever sanctioned those deals needs shooting 

• Like 1

I think I read somewhere that it's worth about an extra £5 million if you finish 19th and not 20th in the league, so we have got to try and field a strong team, and therefore there was no way Smith dare play the kids from the start

Why oh why are Williams and Gilmour even in the squad? I like Williams but I doubt he wants to be with us next season so go home mate.

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Why oh why are Williams and Gilmour even in the squad? I like Williams but I doubt he wants to be with us next season so go home mate.

Might both be on that wierd 'we pay less the more they start' contract thats been mentioned 

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Nothing against Williams playing, he's more than earned that LB spot over the course of the season. Gilmour however, I'd rather just start with 10 men...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

What sort of midfielder is Gibbs?

According  to the WWW. (Central Midfielder).