Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Hugill and Hernandez are back wearing the yellow and green!

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Can't be bothered to watch it, is Cantwell also back?

Not been mentioned. Pretty sure Dean has hinted he want's him back next season about a week or so but nothing said since

• Thanks 1

Either player can do a job in the Championship. Smith now has an extended pre season period to evaluate his options. May as well start tomorrow.

This must be what is meant by improving what was a pretty average squad this season.

• Haha 1

Both players love Norwich and are great to have in and around the team. Given we have little to no morale right now might be useful to see them return

• Like 1

Having Jordan back will give most fans a major lift. Could he get the winner tomorrow and show West Ham what they’re missing? 

To be fair what I took from it was that they'll be having a look at them as they haven't directly worked with either player yet. Doesn't mean either will play for us, although would be nice to see a couple of players who actually have some fight in them. 

24 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not been mentioned. Pretty sure Dean has hinted he want's him back next season about a week or so but nothing said since

Todd is mentioned early in that vid…thought you would have watched it.

haven’t heard from Bournemouth yet 

1 minute ago, city4eva said:

Todd is mentioned early in that vid…thought you would have watched it.

haven’t heard from Bournemouth yet 

I'd be incredibly surprised if Bournemouth decide to keep him. From the clips of him not celebrating with the other Bournemouth players I am guessing he already knows the score

10 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Having Jordan back will give most fans a major lift. Could he get the winner tomorrow and show West Ham what they’re missing? 

? Hugill will give most fans a lift

You are joking 

What West Ham found out very early on after signing Hugill was that their scouting system had made a major balls up!    Something similar happened here when we bought him, then it happened again and again and……

Edited by ged in the onion bag

8 minutes ago, daly said:

? Hugill will give most fans a lift

You are joking 

Todd and Jordan back then for those that want even more. 

I really want McCallum and Mumba to do well.

Hugill and Onel are proven Championship players.  Not sure about Cantwell and Sinani but could we sign better?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJ said:

I'd be incredibly surprised if Bournemouth decide to keep him. From the clips of him not celebrating with the other Bournemouth players I am guessing he already knows the score

And he's "injured" right now and got an amazing 0 goals and 0 assists in his time with them after being stuck on the bench for some time too..

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And he's "injured" right now and got an amazing 0 goals and 0 assists in his time with them after being stuck on the bench for some time too..

Lets hope  this is ' rock bottom' for Todd despite his shallow boasts of '3 in a row personally' and he realises that this really is tbe point where he has to switch on , grow up  and get on with his career... or watch it disappear down the pan.  Whatever personal issues he has had , they must be put behind  him . 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, these loan returnees can’t play this season.

I believe that to be the case too. 
If they arent in our squad of 25 they cannot play - Im also sure those that are under the age necessary to be in the 25 are ineligible to play too

Yeah, they can't play. Smith will be 'taking a look' at them.

I can't actually see Hernandez or Hugil being in the squad next season, Hugil feels more likely but even that would be as deep cover.

McCallum and Mumba obviously have a chance.

Cantwell? Wouldn't that be a great story. I assume we'll be selling him for whatever we can get though.

1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

Yeah, they can't play. Smith will be 'taking a look' at them.

I can't actually see Hernandez or Hugil being in the squad next season, Hugil feels more likely but even that would be as deep cover.

McCallum and Mumba obviously have a chance.

Cantwell? Wouldn't that be a great story. I assume we'll be selling him for whatever we can get though.

I know that a direct comparison along these lines isn't entirely fair, as one of these players is more an 'up and at them' impact player and the other, at their best, able to help dictate the tempo at Championship level....

... but lets not forget that Todd Cantwell only contributed 6 goals and 6 assists for the best team in the league last season in the Championship across the full season.

And that Onel Hernandez has delivered 3 goals and 3 assists in half a season, for one of the poorest teams in the Championship this season.

The truth is that Cantwell's productivity for a player playing so far up the pitch was pretty poor last season. 

Shows how poor they both really are that both have been sent back by the clubs, not deemed good enough to consider buying! If we’re thinking of massive overhaul we need these players off the books and gone!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Indy said:

Shows how poor they both really are that both have been sent back by the clubs, not deemed good enough to consider buying! If we’re thinking of massive overhaul we need these players off the books and gone!

Or maybe they do want to buy them, but cannot meet our asking price, or their wage demands etc ? 

not every loan has a view to purchase, they could be used to cover an injury, or a young player who not quite ready yet, but deemed to be better then the loanee for next season, type scenario. Just as an example.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Or maybe they do want to buy them, but cannot meet our asking price, or their wage demands etc ? 

not every loan has a view to purchase, they could be used to cover an injury, or a young player who not quite ready yet, but deemed to be better then the loanee for next season, type scenario. Just as an example.  

Yes indeed the old wage demands and fee debate, but regardless, we’re stuck with them so probably looking to loan them, but would we to rivals in the championship? Probably not, so then it looks like league one or abroad to get them out of the club to free up money and space! Or as you say we’re stuck with them and will need to use them! So much for this massive excuse of this not being Smiths squad, looks like he’ll be stuck with them, so good luck!😉

4 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, these loan returnees can’t play this season.

Totally right. We have a squad of 25, and they are not in it, and not eligible. And nor are they exempt because of age. I cannot understand how posters fail to grasp the basic concepts of this league. But if you are CC you can start a thread in order to look to be on the front foot in all things City, even if the content is totally wrong. They will not be back "in yellow and green" this season.

Edited by LaUnionCanary

I haven't watched the interview but Hugill is what he is. Hernandez has a lot of faults but is 10 x the player Placheta is. May even be more like 100 x. 

We were getting relegated whatever but Hernandez is so much better than Placheta...  Dare I say it,  makes me think they accepted relegation from the off and accepted a few dollars for seemingly non key players.