Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Who replaces McLean ?

My mum could! She’s great at arm waving at people!

Edited by Indy
  • Haha 2

I get the feeling it will be Gilmour. Smiths comments seem to suggest he’s not happy with the commitment of some players and while Gilmour hasn’t been a success here personally think he always gives 100%. Actually thought he played quite well against Villa, especially compared to Normann.

There's a bloke who sits behind me who gets all upset when things aren't going well (which, you know, is all the time) and gets frustrated and shouts a lot, because that always helps.

He could fill the McLean role perfectly.

8 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Sorensen. What is the point in having a player of his quality (and he has always looked class whenever he plays) and not ever play him?  If not now, when?

I don’t want to attack the player but I’d suggest if he had as much class and quality as you are suggesting two managers and coaching teams wouldn’t have almost permanently benched him.

I’ve no idea why Sorensen doesn’t get into the team in CM but the fact he consistently doesn’t in one of the weakest midfields we’ve had in a while in both quality and injury’s is interesting.

I genuinely hope he starts tomorrow and every game for the rest of the season and goes onto cement a place for next year. However based on the evidence of two head coaches that seems unlikely.

Edited by Monty13
  • Like 6

30 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

There's a bloke who sits behind me who gets all upset when things aren't going well (which, you know, is all the time) and gets frustrated and shouts a lot, because that always helps.

He could fill the McLean role perfectly.

He’s got a twin sits behind me, still says we should have kept Leitner

If Sorensen is so poor he should be released and allowed to develop his career.  Smith quick enough to let Mumba go on loan as soon as Jan transfer window arrived.  Sorensen might be useless but has never let us down, how many can say that.

5 minutes ago, pete said:

If Sorensen is so poor he should be released and allowed to develop his career.  Smith quick enough to let Mumba go on loan as soon as Jan transfer window arrived.  Sorensen might be useless but has never let us down, how many can say that.

He isn't poor and has proved it every time he's been on the pitch. Not playing him is a waste - and I agree if he isn't good enough, why not send him on loan like several other players have - but the evidence is that he is good enough.  Maybe he doesn't look sharp in training, but the proof is in his performances in matches that count - and in the few matches he has had, he has largely been a success.  It is an enigma.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

He’s got a twin sits behind me, still says we should have kept Leitner.

I know a supporter who says that too. I remind him that we got thrashed 1-5 at home to Villa with Leitner playing a central role in a non-existant midfield that day. Villa walked straight through us. But that's usually greeted with a "Harrumph".

3 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

I know a supporter who says that too. I remind him that we got thrashed 1-5 at home to Villa with Leitner playing a central role in a non-existant midfield that day. Villa walked straight through us. But that's usually greeted with a "Harrumph".

Be fair, Amadou was also playing that day.

Having been to all the home games this season it's beyond me why folk continually dig out Kenny. He's comfortably been among the best performers everytime he's played. Admittedly for a very poor team. 

Hopefully Lees Melou and Sorenson

Our best midfield performance this season at home to Everton featured these two .. and no sight of McLean and Gilmour

Yet not picked again since the Watford game that followed 

2 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Peter Glaze? (Ignite this if you weren’t a child in the early 70s).

Ed stewpot Stewart would probably be more mobile 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

He isn't poor and has proved it every time he's been on the pitch. Not playing him is a waste - and I agree if he isn't good enough, why not send him on loan like several other players have - but the evidence is that he is good enough.  Maybe he doesn't look sharp in training, but the proof is in his performances in matches that count - and in the few matches he has had, he has largely been a success.  It is an enigma.

Totally agree, and to me its also an enigma that he's on the bench every week, so the manager must see enough from him in training to have him in the squad

We're down, the pressure is off, the loan players are edging towards the exit. And with Mclean now out, we have nothing to lose to try Sorensen for a few games. He can hardly do any worse than the other inept performances, and when he has played he's looked very solid. Who knows, if he's given a chance he might just prove the answer to what we've all thought all season! 

I can remember hearing something about Sorensen being practically vertical he's so laid back in training. I can imagine that might put managers off picking him in case that carries over onto the pitch.

What gets me about Sorenson is last year we gave him a contract extension to 2024 which for a player who doesn't get off the bench or even make the bench is looking such a strange move, either play him or get rid not give him a new contract to sit around.

• Like 1

If Sorensen doesn't figure between now and end of season I think it suggests he isn't in Smith's plans.

I can only assume there is also a financial penalty if Normann isn't selected. He has been hopeless since his return from injury and I'm amazed Sorensen hasn't played.

Or we could have a Norwich City Labour councillor ignoring or the graffiti and rubbish in the city centre for more bike lanes, road closures and road works

5 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Peter Glaze? (Ignite this if you weren’t a child in the early 70s).

Wasn't he the one that was the straight man to Lesley Crowther on Crackerjack?

You must explain!

46 minutes ago, daly said:

Or we could have a Norwich City Labour councillor ignoring or the graffiti and rubbish in the city centre for more bike lanes, road closures and road works

Whilst Great Yarmouth is so tidy! 😀

5 hours ago, Monty13 said:

I don’t want to attack the player but I’d suggest if he had as much class and quality as you are suggesting two managers and coaching teams wouldn’t have almost permanently benched him.

I’ve no idea why Sorensen doesn’t get into the team in CM but the fact he consistently doesn’t in one of the weakest midfields we’ve had in a while in both quality and injury’s is interesting.

I genuinely hope he starts tomorrow and every game for the rest of the season and goes onto cement a place for next year. However based on the evidence of two head coaches that seems unlikely.

There clearly seems to be some kind of disconnect though with Webber deciding to hand him a contract extension this summer despite having two years left on his existing deal. So it seems someone sees something in him.

Just now, king canary said:

There clearly seems to be some kind of disconnect though with Webber deciding to hand him a contract extension this summer despite having two years left on his existing deal. So it seems someone sees something in him.

My thought is that they see 'cost effective versatile cover' and not much more, rightly or wrongly. 

Especially when as a person he is so laid back (according to teammates) I doubt he causes any problems in the dressing room about not playing 

14 minutes ago, hogesar said:

My thought is that they see 'cost effective versatile cover' and not much more, rightly or wrongly. 

Especially when as a person he is so laid back (according to teammates) I doubt he causes any problems in the dressing room about not playing 

I wonder if that personality is what stops Smith from using him in central midfield. You want leaders there and he's complained about how quiet and easy going the squad here can be.

On 06/05/2022 at 21:23, Badger said:

Wasn't he the one that was the straight man to Lesley Crowther on Crackerjack?

You must explain!

He was (as I remember it, it was a few years ago now) a duo with Don Maclean on Crackerjack (CRACKERJACK!).

”McLean?”

”Yes, I had a bath this morning.”

And they say comedy wasn’t funny in the old days…

B8A1B5C3-6C17-42A7-8A62-6AD6D6949296.jpeg

Edited by Nuff Said