cambridgeshire canary

Rangers into the final with a team worth just 13 million!

Hell of a fantastic achivement, fair play to them. Much as it's easy to joke about 'Well they play Dundee andย  Arberdeen away which is very different to playing Liverpool and Man City away!' and while that is fair and true this does prove they can do it against some of Europs top teams too so fair play to them ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‘ (And for comparison the Leipzig team they just played and beat cost just under 200 million..)

FSEH4j1WYAMi4EL?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

According to google at todays rates that is ยฃ11.60M in GBP, even more impressive.ย 

• Like 1

That appears to be what the team cost, not what it is worth. But yes, it is a great achievement.

Edited by Mr Angry

Fine margins though, they beat Dortmund who were without Haaland for both ties - on his ownย 'worth' ten times that.ย  Were he playing, different story you'd imagine.

Credit to them and great to see, though.ย  This is what football should be about.

• Like 1

Think how much better they could be if they added McLean to their ranks - happy to give him a lift there if it helps ๐Ÿ˜‰

Edited by rock bus
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Think how much better they could be if they added McLean to their ranks - happy to give him a lift there if it helps ๐Ÿ˜‰

The Pink Un forum band together to pay for a taxi for him. How kind of us ๐Ÿ˜‰

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

The Pink Un forum band together to pay for a taxi for him. How kind of us ๐Ÿ˜‰

They upgraded with Ramsey in January....even with one leg brings so much more to midfield then McLean.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, rock bus said:

I don't think they want to lower their level that much

Edited by AJ

What a difference a couple of seasons make when he was everyoneโ€™s darlingย 

26 minutes ago, daly said:

What a difference a couple of seasons make when he was everyoneโ€™s darlingย 

There's still a good player in there, just like many others this season he's been consistently poor. I think the frustration mainly stems from the fact he appeared to be undroppable along with Gilmour despite them both being consistently absolutely dire.ย 

20 hours ago, rock bus said:

Yeah, fantastic idea for you to drive probably our best midfielder this season, consistently picked ahead of other by two managers and coaching teams who watch him day in day out, to weaken ourselves.

The unbelievably stupid and dense stick that McLean gets on here is testament to the theory that fans should support and let the managers get on with making their informed decisions..

20 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Fine margins though, they beat Dortmund who were without Haaland for both ties - on his ownย 'worth' ten times that.ย  Were he playing, different story you'd imagine.

Credit to them and great to see, though.ย  This is what football should be about.

To be fair they were without both their main strikers for their most recent game.

22 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

What the h*** is the UEL cup?

UEFA Europa League or as I still call it (because I am an oldie) The UEFA Cup. And I still call the Champions League the European Cup because it clearly isn't a Champions League particularly given future plans for qualification to be via a coefficient meaning somebody like Man Utd could qualify even if they finished 10th in the League.........

2 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:
30 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

What the h*** is the UEL cup?

UEFA Europa League or as I still call it (because I am an oldie) The UEFA Cup. And I still call the Champions League the European Cup because it clearly isn't a Champions League particularly given future plans for qualification to be via a coefficient meaning somebody like Man Utd could qualify even if they finished 10th in the League.........

Thanks. So it's the cup for also rans. And the cup that threatens the also rans with too many fixtures on top of their regular league and cup commitments so that they can't compete within their home leagues and upset the very big clubs monopolies on them.....ย 

45 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah, fantastic idea for you to drive probably our best midfielder this season, consistently picked ahead of other by two managers and coaching teams who watch him day in day out, to weaken ourselves.

The unbelievably stupid and dense stick that McLean gets on here is testament to the theory that fans should support and let the managers get on with making their informed decisions..

i would Rebuild a midfield without Mcleanย 

For a midfielder he does not score or create enough for meย 

i hear what you saying about him being a championship player and that is where we will be next season so yes i totally get thatย 

but for me the waving the arms about and moaning etc you have to be a top top player who plays well yourself to do that to othersย 

so i would remodel the midfield without kenny ย just my thoughts and opinionย 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

i would Rebuild a midfield without Mcleanย 

For a midfielder he does not score or create enough for meย 

i hear what you saying about him being a championship player and that is where we will be next season so yes i totally get thatย 

but for me the waving the arms about and moaning etc you have to be a top top player who plays well yourself to do that to othersย 

so i would remodel the midfield without kenny ย just my thoughts and opinionย 

Ask Dean Smith or Farke why McLean does the arm waving. Its because he's the only vocal midfielder who organises the rest and the only one who doesn't go and hide.

Always works hard, doesn't deserve some of the vitriol and sarcasm towards him. Players and coaches value him 10x more than our fans it seems, and ex pros all seem to agree.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Ask Dean Smith or Farke why McLean does the arm waving. Its because he's the only vocal midfielder who organises the rest and the only one who doesn't go and hide.

Always works hard, doesn't deserve some of the vitriol and sarcasm towards him. Players and coaches value him 10x more than our fans it seems, and ex pros all seem to agree.

yes i get that also Hogesar the managers love him and they know far more than i doย 

but when you do that arm waving organising you have to shine above the rest set a example you have to be the outstanding midfielder the boss of the midfield kenny is not that in my eyesย 

ย 

ย 

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

yes i get that also Hogesar the managers love him and they know far more than i doย 

but when you do that arm waving organising you have to shine above the rest set a example you have to be the outstanding midfielder the boss of the midfield kenny is not that in my eyesย 

ย 

ย 

I dont think that last bits true. You just have to work hard and be capable of organising, football has hundreds of examples of average players but they do the organising and graft. And he definitely has worked harder in games than both Normann and PLM, even if he doesn't have the same quality on the ball.

McLean has been consistent this season which is more than you can say for the rest of our useless midfield. Gilmour largely poor, Normann awful, PLM blows hot and cold, Rupp always injured and Sorensen doesn't exist.

He's noticeably been the best of a bad bunch and can hold his own in the Premier League.

14 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Scottish football is an easy target, with there being no money,, humble stadia, modest training facilities, etc, but you have to be of a certain disposition to shine in the SPL.

I remember Teemu Pukki being absolutely bullied up here. The latest one being Amad Diallo. He's on loan at Rangers. Cost ยฃ18m. And yet Van Bronckhorst has only started him three times.

Scottish football may not be perfect, but it's honest and raw and the fans identify with the clubs, more than they do down south.ย 

I remember English football pre-EPL. At its core, the SPL is like that.

Maddison turned into a player after a year of being kicked at Aberdeen. For young creative players it's actually a good league to go to if you want them to toughen up and show their metal.ย 

ย 

On 06/05/2022 at 14:38, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hell of a fantastic achivement, fair play to them. Much as it's easy to joke about 'Well they play Dundee andย  Arberdeen away which is very different to playing Liverpool and Man City away!' and while that is fair and true this does prove they can do it against some of Europs top teams too so fair play to them ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‘ (And for comparison the Leipzig team they just played and beat cost just under 200 million..)

ย 

They get these players as (a) European Football is almost gauranteed, (b) winning a domestic tropy is almost gauranteed and (c) what Rangers don't spend on transfer fees they are able to pay these players very high wages.

And that's 3 reasons why players of that ilk won't ever come here

1 minute ago, Making Plans said:

They get these players as (a) European Football is almost gauranteed, (b) winning a domestic tropy is almost gauranteed and (c) what Rangers don't spend on transfer fees they are able to pay these players very high wages.

And that's 3 reasons why players of that ilk won't ever come here

Yeah but apart from that.

Aaron Ramsey is on about ยฃ400k a week according to a quick Google. Assume Rangersย will be paying a fair chunk of that.

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Aaron Ramsey is on about ยฃ400k a week according to a quick Google. Assume Rangersย will be paying a fair chunk of that.

I'm not saying hes a bad footballer but if Aaron 'forever in a wheelchair' Ramsey can blag his way to to 400 thousand a week wages..ย 

ย 

Man, football is funny sometimesย 

2 hours ago, Making Plans said:

The UK's best Curry Houses are in Glasgow

Have you had a curry in Leicester?

5 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Have you had a curry in Leicester?

I have many times,ย but the best ever was in Leeds when we played them.ย ย 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

11 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I don't think you have to be an oldie to still call it that... I mean, am I old now then? Crudd!!

Well, I also remember the cup winners cup...ย 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Making Plans said:

The UK's best Curry Houses are in Glasgow

Many moons ago I spent a fair bit of time in Glasgow, used to love the all you can eat buffet at the Koh I Noor, not sure if it still exists, not far from the Bon Accord which was a cracking boozer.........