Sign in to follow this  

3 hours ago, Deptford Yellow said:

Science predicts that as things stand in the next thirty years about a quarter of English football league grounds will be at risk of flooding every season…..

Time for us all to open our eyes and make the change happen …

https://footballforfuture.org/

I don't know why 'people' don't take this 5hit more seriously.

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

There is a very funny film at the moment called Don't Look Up. It's about a group of scientists telling the world that a meteorite is going to hit Earth and destroy it. Everyone laughs, makes jokes and ignores them. Then they die. 

The End. 

I'd highly recommend it because it is a brilliant film. 

Also worth a watch for those who like taking the pee out of a certain Mr Trump...

• Like 1

Love the patronising, scaremongering video designed for football fans

If Chelsea FC were under water, central London would also be under water and the rest of London completely flooded

If even slightly true the environmental carnage would destroy the nation but lets get the scaremongering through to Neanderthal football fans by warning them of damp hotdogs, watered down beer and the need to take snorkels and flippers into the underground!    

• Haha 1

It's the heat death of the universe we need to worry about.

And as per usual, Delia and Michael have said nothing about it!

This is probably why Tom Cavendish reckoned we were moving to Broadland Business Park to get further away from the wensum.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

There is a very funny film at the moment called Don't Look Up. It's about a group of scientists telling the world that a meteorite is going to hit Earth and destroy it. Everyone laughs, makes jokes and ignores them. Then they die. 

The End. 

But sorry @Deptford Yellow I'm not being fatalistic, I'm being realistic. It's going to happen. The only thing that can possibly stop it is a huge scientific advance in carbon capture. 

The reason it's going to happen is that people  don't care because either they're old or stupid or both. In order to solve the problem we need a world organisation with ultimate power to change behaviour. This country couldn't even cope with being in the EU and the top 5 polluters are not the easiest people to deal with. 

What politics should have taught us in the last 10 years is that the population of the UK likes to be told what it wants to hear, not what it needs to be told. And preferably with a nice short slogan that they can remember. 

Exactly this. I ask students all the time if they want to stop climate change through human enhance global warming and they say ‘yes’. Then I ask them if they are willing to give up luxuries like foreign holidays, less consumerism and eat less meat. Guess what they say then? Big fat ‘no way’.

Unless the government bring in legislation and ridiculous tax to cut carbon inducing behaviour, which they won’t because the public at large may want to curb climate change but have no interest in what’s required to do it and therefore any government proposing is unelectable. That’s if they weren’t all being bankrolled by lobbyist oil companies etc! 
We need a miracle invention which may or may not come. Or we need the damage to be slow enough we can adapt to it and mitigate. No other things will work. 
Nuclear is a great start, but let’s wait to see what the environmentalists say about that. Humans are greedy, humans like to consume, humans ultimately understand this will be our doom and until it’s actually happening to us personally we won’t do anything significant enough! 

OTBC

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ron obvious said:

Perhaps we could learn from the Dutch.

...and put our finger in the dike?    It wouldn't let me spell it the other way!

Edited by First Wazzock

9 hours ago, Deptford Yellow said:

Science predicts that as things stand in the next thirty years about a quarter of English football league grounds will be at risk of flooding every season…..

Time for us all to open our eyes and make the change happen …

https://footballforfuture.org/

They predicted this in 1990 as well

7 hours ago, ron obvious said:

Perhaps we could learn from the Dutch.

Get stoned out of our minds?

• Haha 2

Surely people are missing the bigger picture here...shouldn't this thread now be in Non-football? 🤔🤣

Apples

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

They predicted this in 1990 as well

They also predicted it in the 1970’s as well

I remember being told in School by a left wing teacher wearing a tank top and bell bottom trousers, he produced a map showing half of Norfolk under the sea by the year 2000 

I remember as a 14 year old warning my grandfather of the impending doom and advising him to sell his holiday cottage  by the sea

He drew calmly on his Woodbine and said “don’t believe that sh!t son” 

Edited by Taylor324
  • Like 1

Our season would really turn out to be a damp squid that year…

3 hours ago, astro said:

Our season would really turn out to be a damp squid that year…

Have you tried Dried Squid? 🤢🤮🤢

• Like 1

On 06/05/2022 at 12:44, dylanisabaddog said:

The End. 

But sorry @Deptford Yellow I'm not being fatalistic, I'm being realistic. It's going to happen. The only thing that can possibly stop it is a huge scientific advance in carbon capture. 

The reason it's going to happen is that people  don't care because either they're old or stupid or both. In order to solve the problem we need a world organisation with ultimate power to change behaviour. This country couldn't even cope with being in the EU and the top 5 polluters are not the easiest people to deal with. 

What politics should have taught us in the last 10 years is that the population of the UK likes to be told what it wants to hear, not what it needs to be told. And preferably with a nice short slogan that they can remember. 

Get Brexit Done?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Get Brexit Done?

Funniest thing you ever posted Piggy Mincey!!! Stick to comedy and forget about footy  .... like your team.  

On 06/05/2022 at 17:12, SwearyCanary said:

Exactly this. I ask students all the time if they want to stop climate change through human enhance global warming and they say ‘yes’. Then I ask them if they are willing to give up luxuries like foreign holidays, less consumerism and eat less meat. Guess what they say then? Big fat ‘no way’.

Unless the government bring in legislation and ridiculous tax to cut carbon inducing behaviour, which they won’t because the public at large may want to curb climate change but have no interest in what’s required to do it and therefore any government proposing is unelectable. That’s if they weren’t all being bankrolled by lobbyist oil companies etc! 
We need a miracle invention which may or may not come. Or we need the damage to be slow enough we can adapt to it and mitigate. No other things will work. 
Nuclear is a great start, but let’s wait to see what the environmentalists say about that. Humans are greedy, humans like to consume, humans ultimately understand this will be our doom and until it’s actually happening to us personally we won’t do anything significant enough! 

OTBC

Delia is the biggest polluter at Carrow Road. Consider the facts. The floodlights are often left on way longer than they need to be after matches. The floodlights are put on unnecessarily for non-football indoor events such as the recent Dame Proo Whatsherface do. Then there are all those lights blazing away in the stairwell of the hotel that Delia had built. Not to mention all those ovens in the Carrow Road kitchens and the chartered flights to away games. Why don't her and Wynnie bike it to away games? They could get a tandem. Four legs are better than two.

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Have you tried Dried Squid? 🤢🤮🤢

No, and I hope never to have to! 😂😂

1 hour ago, Big Vince said:

Delia is the biggest polluter at Carrow Road. Consider the facts. The floodlights are often left on way longer than they need to be after matches. The floodlights are put on unnecessarily for non-football indoor events such as the recent Dame Proo Whatsherface do. Then there are all those lights blazing away in the stairwell of the hotel that Delia had built. Not to mention all those ovens in the Carrow Road kitchens and the chartered flights to away games. Why don't her and Wynnie bike it to away games? They could get a tandem. Four legs are better than two.

Ok , i take it back . Comedy aint your thing either.

1 hour ago, Big Vince said:

Did Delia once interfere with you? I worry that you are so worked up by her that one day you’ll do something extreme, like blame her for hard boiling an egg when you wanted a runny yolk, even though you followed her ‘how to cook’ to the letter. 

9 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Did Delia once interfere with you? I worry that you are so worked up by her that one day you’ll do something extreme, like blame her for hard boiling an egg when you wanted a runny yolk, even though you followed her ‘how to cook’ to the letter. 

Delia is to blame for any little thing that might go wrong for anyone, anywhere, anytime. End of.

• Haha 1

Could make a start next season, getting used to the predicted floods by playing in rubber boots and speedos instead of football boots and shorts. Delia and Webber could man the Carrow Road lifeboat to help those getting into difficulties.

Edited by beanbag