Terminally Yellow

Summer Transfer & Rumour Thread 2022

Blackburn fans seem to think they should be setting their sights higher than Cantwell on loan.

Rothwell apparently chooses Rangers instead of a PL club. 

1 hour ago, Captain Holt said:

What a boring transfer window so far with a month to go. Boring boring Norwich.

What did you expect? Players are only just getting back from holidays.

17 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I largely only read this forum - is there much activity at other clubs so far? 

I think only 11 clubs in the Championship have made any signings at all. 9 of those have only been free-transfers.

Apparently hull have bid £3m for Scott twine and would be willing to go up to 4, at this price I think we should get involved, 20 goals, 13 assists last season and only 22 should be worth a punt even if we loan him out to a lesser champs team first season so he isn't blocked by pukki....

• Like 4

1 minute ago, cornish sam said:

Apparently hull have bid £3m for Scott twine and would be willing to go up to 4, at this price I think we should get involved, 20 goals, 13 assists last season and only 22 should be worth a punt even if we loan him out to a lesser champs team first season so he isn't blocked by pukki....

They're taking the **** with those offers given they have already turned down 3 million

And out of all the clubs to join I dont hull is one he would fancy 

2 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Twine is an attacking midfielder. He had an excellent season at league one level. It’s hard to tell how he’d perform at championship level though. I’m not a Dowell fan but I imagine at league one level he would look pretty impressive. Would Twine be an upgrade on our options here? I’m not so sure. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Rumour on the Coventry board that Sam is rejoining the Sky Blues permanently. 

Could be used as leverage for O'Hare, or more desirably, Hamer, coming our way?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Could be used as leverage for O'Hare, or more desirably, Hamer, coming our way?

Any of those two would slot in very nicely. Maybe send Todd to Coventry too? 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Any of those two would slot in very nicely. Maybe send Todd to Coventry too? 

Thought he'd been sent there a while ago.

I'll continue daydreaming about a McCallum and Smith for Hamer and Robins situation.

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Thought he'd been sent there a while ago.

I'll continue daydreaming about a McCallum and Smith for Hamer and Robins situation.

Looks like Brighton are very interested in Hamer after recent sales. 

20 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

£3m??? Are They avin' a larf? £5M at least + add ons worth more than the fee and a hefty Sell on clause is closer to the mark. It's more like a Semi serious offer or an offer to express interest in case he doesn't move elsewhere.

We're not linked to him, but there's a player called Onni Valakari in the Cypriot League. Finnish International but born in Scotland. An attacking midfielder, he's 22 and has scored 15 Goals this season from attacking midfield with 13 in the league. And the Cypriot League is no pushover despite Cyprus being a small country.

Edited by CrankyCanary

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

It's not supposed to be a form of entertainment, mate. Relax, go outside, enjoy the sunshine. 

I'm very relaxed, I just logged on to the main forum for my football club and made a throwaway comment after checking the transfer thread. 

24 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Looks like Brighton are very interested in Hamer after recent sales. 

Missed the boat there, should have gone for him last summer. Far better than Gilmour, could maybe have replaced Skipp.

On 18/06/2022 at 21:52, Terminally Yellow said:

Ozan Kabak maybe off to Nice. 

Weren't PSV linked with Krul at the end of the season? That tweet might also mean they've moved onto another target. 

59 minutes ago, CrankyCanary said:

We're not linked to him, but there's a player called Onni Valakari in the Cypriot League. Finnish International but born in Scotland. An attacking midfielder, he's 22 and has scored 15 Goals this season from attacking midfield with 13 in the league. And the Cypriot League is no pushover despite Cyprus being a small country.

I very much doubt he would pass the post-Brexit rules test, and that applies to others we might actually want to sign.

Paddy saying that he'd be surprised if NCFC spent 3 or 4m on a single signing this window....🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Edited by Captain Holt
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

Paddy saying that he'd be surprised if NCFC spent 3 or 4m on a single signing this window....what the muck are we going to get for less than that.

No. Not what he said:

"I don't see them going to that mark for any player this summer unless they can offload first."

And since Davitt thinks Aarons will be sold this summer then he is certainly not ruling out that kind of spend on one player.

6 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

Paddy saying that he'd be surprised if NCFC spent 3 or 4m on a single signing this window....what the muck are we going to get for less than that.

Amazing how this is always the line when we come back down, surely we can't constantly be that skint!! 

1 hour ago, CrankyCanary said:

Hang on a minute.

He's a Finnish Scot playing in Cyprus? That's quite the story I'd imagine. 

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Amazing how this is always the line when we come back down, surely we can't constantly be that skint!! 

I'm always surprised when people buy this line. No club in the world is going to say, "Yeah we've got loads of money to spend!". It absolutely pays for us to perpetuate the small club with no money routine. I'm not saying we'd splash the cash around, but I do think we would find the money for the right player at the right price. 

I think we also have to remember we have a huge squad. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the largest in the league.

I suspect get Toddy gone, Max on his way, maybe moves for players like Sinani and Onel and you'll see things start to happen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

Paddy saying that he'd be surprised if NCFC spent 3 or 4m on a single signing this window....🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Well, we got Rupp for half-a-million. He turned out pretty well in the Champs. So did McLean, and I think we spent less than that on him.

Was gonna say Buendia too, but we paid out a clause that put the fee over £4m.

2 hours ago, cornish sam said:

He's a midfielder 👍

2 hours ago, vlad666 said:

Twine is an attacking midfielder. He had an excellent season at league one level. It’s hard to tell how he’d perform at championship level though. I’m not a Dowell fan but I imagine at league one level he would look pretty impressive. Would Twine be an upgrade on our options here? I’m not so sure. 

I think he absolutely would, yes. Completely different player to Dowell 

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

I very much doubt he would pass the post-Brexit rules test, and that applies to others we might actually want to sign.

Would he not pass the test by virtue of being born in Scotland?

42 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Would he not pass the test by virtue of being born in Scotland?

It appears so, but he only passed a change in the nationality law by a few months. From my very casual reading, after October 2000, his parents would have to have had ILR rather than just be EEA citizens in order for him be regarded automatically as a British citizen. That's assuming both his parents are Finnish.

Edited by 1902
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Hang on a minute.

He's a Finnish Scot playing in Cyprus? That's quite the story I'd imagine. 

I'm always surprised when people buy this line. No club in the world is going to say, "Yeah we've got loads of money to spend!". It absolutely pays for us to perpetuate the small club with no money routine. I'm not saying we'd splash the cash around, but I do think we would find the money for the right player at the right price. 

I think we also have to remember we have a huge squad. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the largest in the league.

I suspect get Toddy gone, Max on his way, maybe moves for players like Sinani and Onel and you'll see things start to happen. 

Yeah his Dad played for Motherwell, and he was born there but he grew up in Finland. He's played in the Veikkausliiga (Finland) and Eliteserien (Norway) before now in Cyprus with a club called Pafos.

7 minutes ago, CrankyCanary said:

Yeah his Dad played for Motherwell, and he was born there but he grew up in Finland. He's played in the Veikkausliiga (Finland) and Eliteserien (Norway) before now in Cyprus with a club called Pafos.

That's pretty amazing 👍

• Like 1