Terminally Yellow

Summer Transfer & Rumour Thread 2022

Of the Burnley players who have just left, I would consider Dale Stephens, on a one year contract.  An experienced player, really competent, and would plug a hole (for not too much money) if we just can't get the players we really want in.

9 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Hello, Darling

Would be a terrific signing, left footed too so would also be perfect in terms of balance. I know lots of fans mentioned Twine from MK Dons but I always thought this lad made as much sense. I think there was talk of him going to Swansea to link back up with Martin.

3 minutes ago, repman said:

Would be a terrific signing, left footed too so would also be perfect in terms of balance. I know lots of fans mentioned Twine from MK Dons but I always thought this lad made as much sense. I think there was talk of him going to Swansea to link back up with Martin.

He would be our second Darling, after Malcolm.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Hello, Darling

Potential Captain Darling. 

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I would much rather ignore anything footballleaugeworld says to be honest

Yeah I don’t believe them It was a blackadder joke on his name. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Edited by vlad666
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-norwich-city-may-rival-middlesbrough-and-fulham-for-29-year-old-as-west-ham-exit-looms/

Ryan Fredericks. A right back. 29 years old. And from Football League World. Can't imagine there's anything in this one.

Woud sort of make sense if Aarons is going, on 40 grand a week. Has always looked solid for West Ham but has never really been 1st choice for them. Bit old for our mould of players I imagine, and he is much more closly linked with Boro it seems. Funnily enough though he was a player I suggested last time we went down when I thought Aarons would be off..

55 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I suspect he'd get a Prem loan move, but we can dream 🤣

But would we find ourselves back at square one at the end of the season ?

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Funnily enough though he was a player I suggested last time we went down when I thought Aarons would be off..

I'd have agreed then, but he's done nowt in the interim, so looking like another Wet Sham cast off.

24 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I'd have agreed then, but he's done nowt in the interim, so looking like another Wet Sham cast off.

Feels one hell of a downgrade. Neither had a great season, but I'd much prefer Aarons.

37 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Rothwell signing for Bournemouth so that’s one of our targets gone 

He certainly fit the goal scoring box to box no 8 profile that Michael Bailey suggests is our other target. Oh well. 

The midfield needs re-enforcing because we have lost a few (Rupp, Gilmour and Normann) so Hayden is unlikely to be the last new boy. Smith previously mentioned 'a box to box' player as a requirement. That's Hayden, or is he the CDM we need? Although he's been painted in such 'man for all seasons' glowing terms by all and sundry (hopefully with all due accuracy) I can't see him fulfilling both roles.

Surely the strike force needs an addition (and Hugill loaned out to ITFC or some other lower league outfit?) Pukki, who seems to get better with age cannot be expected to produce as much yet again, Idah's brief emergence as a force might have been a false dawning (irrespective of that injury matter) and the Sarge has never been prolific.

I know that the trend is now for midfielders to get onto the scoresheet more, but not one of our remaining are known to be prolific.

We need an individual other than Pukki to give us 15+ Championship goals next season, otherwise that Championship walkover that some anticipate might not happen. None of our current midfield will get that, although collectively they might just.  

From where? The club that found the likes of Grant Holt and Teemu Pukki, along with a few other semi-obscure lower leaguers throughout time (Drinkell >>> Fleck >>> Ashton) can surely discover another? 

Trust in the water.

If Spurs complete the Bissouma signing I'd like us to try a cheeky loan /purchase option for Skipp. As for goalscoring midfielders/wingers I'd suggest Chris Willock of QPR.

22 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

If Spurs complete the Bissouma signing I'd like us to try a cheeky loan /purchase option for Skipp. As for goalscoring midfielders/wingers I'd suggest Chris Willock of QPR.

If I were the Spurs DOF, I would want to lend him to a premier league team in the unlikely event of him being available. I would have thought that the chances of him returning to he Championship are very low.

• Like 1

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

**** signing Rothwell and Fredericks (as well as Marcus Taverner from Boro). 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/18895998/bournemouth-triple-transfer-swoop-ryan-fredericks/

Strange signings to be honest. Does Rothwell offer anything they don't already have in Ryan Christie and Phillip Billing? 

Oh probably should have thought about calling Bournemouth ****.😂

25 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Oh probably should have thought about calling Bournemouth ****.😂

Rothwell is one player expected to make step up to Prem in fairness. Probably all 3 can play in the prem in a lower prem team.

2 hours ago, Badger said:

If I were the Spurs DOF, I would want to lend him to a premier league team in the unlikely event of him being available. I would have thought that the chances of him returning to he Championship are very low.

If they get Bissouma and already have Hojbjerg and Winks I don't see any space for Skipp. I think he might leave on a possible permanent, so the same kind of deal as Hayden might be a possible.

11 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

If they get Bissouma and already have Hojbjerg and Winks I don't see any space for Skipp. I think he might leave on a possible permanent, so the same kind of deal as Hayden might be a possible.

Having got Hayden for that position I cannot see us wanting Skipp as well. Possibly some cover for Hayden if they don't think there is any else in the squad who can do that, but not someone who would expect to be a starter, which Skipp would. We just got the starter in Hayden.

Just now, PurpleCanary said:

Having got Hayden for that position I cannot see us wanting Skipp as well. Possibly some cover for Hayden if they don't think there is any else in the squad who can do that, but not someone who would expect to be a starter, which Skipp would. We just got the starter in Hayden.

Is cover not Sorenson or a recruit from the academy? I have no idea about any DM’s ready from the academy tbf. But we do need competent cover, I’m just worried how long the Champ season is vs Hayden’s prior injury. 

24 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

They'll get rid of Winks before Skipp

• Like 1

Skipp was extremely good for the team that finished 4th last season. If, for some reason, Spurs are considering loaning or selling him there will be at least 10 Premier League clubs queueing up to sign him. He isn't turning up here.