Terminally Yellow

Summer Transfer & Rumour Thread 2022

3 hours ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Any team in the championship is a championship rival mate. 

Right, so we can't sell/loan any players we don't want/want to get experience to other teams in the Championship then? 

I think the point is any Championship team looking to end up in the same space as us needs better than Jordan Hugill up front. He'd be 4th choice here but 1st choice at Cardiff.

The only benefit to NCFC is we get a contribution towards his wages and the player is kept match fit.

Oh boy! Do I love JH?

Who doesn't, and even though he seems to have pulled out all the stops in order to make a way at Carrow Road, be influential in our desired promotion push, and make a mark as a convincing starter for a top-end Chumps club, it just isn't there?

Cardiff fits his bill.

It is discrete noy eet, maybe a clue where the plane is coming from. 

13 minutes ago, pete said:

It is discrete noy eet, maybe a clue where the plane is coming from. 

It’s coming from Heraklion in Crete.

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

It’s coming from Heraklion in Crete.

Saw that also and checked, they do have a team in the top Greek league.

Could also of course be Giannolius if he's been back that way whilst he's out injured.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, chicken said:

Championship rival?

I love this forum sometimes. They were a poor, rubbish team when we didn't get a result against them, now they are a rival? Not from the same person I know but still. 

If the change in opinion is not from the same person then I don't think its particularly fair to conflate opposing views on here as if its a slip-up. You will get posters for and against pretty much every single topic on here so of course there will always be contradiction when you look at the forum as a whole! 

Seb Soto soon to sign for FK Austria Klagenfurt, so they say. One of the strangest former club lists going?

14 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

If the change in opinion is not from the same person then I don't think its particularly fair to conflate opposing views on here as if its a slip-up. You will get posters for and against pretty much every single topic on here so of course there will always be contradiction when you look at the forum as a whole! 

I wasn't commenting on a "slip up" I was just commenting on how you can get vastly differing views coming to the fore depending upon the moment. Wasn't so much a contradiction either. Just an observation, no criticism.

On 24/08/2022 at 23:41, chicken said:

Right, so we can't sell/loan any players we don't want/want to get experience to other teams in the Championship then? 

We’ve let 12 players go on a permanent or loan basis since the end of last season. Only one of those has gone to a championship club. I would be very surprised if we let many championship clubs take our players while we are in the division. 

1 hour ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

We’ve let 12 players go on a permanent or loan basis since the end of last season. Only one of those has gone to a championship club. I would be very surprised if we let many championship clubs take our players while we are in the division. 

Not sure this how most people see it.  Loaning players to the rivals should make the stronger most of the time and weaker when they play us as the loan can be conditional on them not playing against us. 

On 24/08/2022 at 20:33, Pegz said:

Could this have a possible player on?? 

Screenshot_20220824-203116_Flightradar24.jpg

if it is landed there Acle Utd are slashing the cash this season !! 

Just starting to have doubts about whether we will bring in a new left back. When this was mentioned at the presser this morning, DS comments seemed quite relaxed and unconcerned about it. (Neil Adams in the Insight piece seemed similarly off hand about it). The impression is far from the sort of “we have a number of irons in the fire” or “working hard on this” that might be expected.

of course they are going to play their cards close to their chests or they may have decided that Byram is nearly there now and/or Kenny has now found his niche. Just somehow the impression seems closer to “we go with what we’ve got”.

4 minutes ago, Silver Canary said:

Just starting to have doubts about whether we will bring in a new left back. When this was mentioned at the presser this morning, DS comments seemed quite relaxed and unconcerned about it. (Neil Adams in the Insight piece seemed similarly off hand about it). The impression is far from the sort of “we have a number of irons in the fire” or “working hard on this” that might be expected.

of course they are going to play their cards close to their chests or they may have decided that Byram is nearly there now and/or Kenny has now found his niche. Just somehow the impression seems closer to “we go with what we’ve got”.

Low key is the best way to play it really. Any hint of panic or desperation and we'll be paying through the nose for a donkey.

Given our luck with injuries it would be suicidal to go with what we've got, so I still expect a signing before the shutters come down.

7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Low key is the best way to play it really. Any hint of panic or desperation and we'll be paying through the nose for a donkey.

Given our luck with injuries it would be suicidal to go with what we've got, so I still expect a signing before the shutters come down.

No risk of that with Webber at the helm 🤥