Terminally Yellow

Summer Transfer & Rumour Thread 2022

46 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Will he? By statisticians, sure. 

Plenty of them on here...😁

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Being linked with Bournemouths Jamal Lowe now. Season long long. Bournemouth happy for Lowe to go and get game time. 

Good player. Nice to see we’re still active and by the players linked, looking to really have a go. 

1 hour ago, jaberry2 said:

You've said it yourself. He is a good impact player from the bench. I think its pretty obvious what Hernadez offers us as you rightly point out and what he is lacking. Lets also remember he is only really playing as we have failed to recruit in that role properly, as he really still shouldnt be starting.

I dont think anyone would question his desire to play for Norwich which always make him so popular with many and when compared to Rashica who looks completely disinterested, you can understand why he is starting currently.

I did. But I also said he’s an asset from the start against the right team. 

I refuse to believe a player with the ability to have a huge impact from the bench, can’t be utilised from the start. 

I guess we’ll see how it unfolds over the next few weeks. My current opinion is that he should stay in the first 11. 

This is supposed to be a transfer thread.

If we want to talk about Onel, can't a new "Onel" thread be started. Shows how little activity, or rumours there are  😆

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

This is supposed to be a transfer thread.

If we want to talk about Onel, can't a new "Onel" thread be started. Shows how little activity, or rumours there are  😆

Always annoys me to come on here after noticing the thread has been active only for it to be people arguing 😂

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, king canary said:

I think most people care if he loses the ball? Running 40 yards is all well and good but if you give it away every time it doesn't actually help score goals.

I think the point about if his end product was better he'd be out of our league is a bit of a fallacy. It isn't that people expect his end product to be perfect but at the moment it is pretty awful. It is interesting to me to look at the amount of chances Sinani has created for instance vs Onel- Sinani has been on the pitch for about 40 more minutes total yet has created twice as many chances as Hernandez and I don't think anyone is claiming he's off to Barca.

Thing is, he isn't losing the ball defensively. And he's not losing the ball in our half. Moving us up the pitch into their final third is key, and he doesn't lose the ball half as much as people make out.

As you say, his end product perhaps isn't the best. It's a joke to say it's a fallacy that if it was better he would be higher up - of course he would. More goals and assists and you think top tier teams wouldn't have been sniffing around him before now?

If he's losing balls by taking risks, putting in crosses, no matter how inconsistent it's still better than a player who can't carry it 40yrds up the pitch quickly and requiring a lot more passes to do it. The chances to lose the ball at that point are greater and will happen in more dangerous areas.

When you look at what Smith has been saying over the summer and into this season - he wants a high press, to win the ball back in their half, closer to their goal and to put them under pressure from there. Hernandez is one way for us to get the ball into their half, do something positive even if it doesn't come off and then apply that pressure.

There probably isn't a stat for it, but I would love to know how many times we have created chances after Hernandez has carried the ball 30-40yds further forward even if he lost it and the pressure we applied won the ball and created the chance. 

As has been said, not entirely surprising we might be looking for another pacier attacking player who could do something similar.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Always annoys me to come on here after noticing the thread has been active only for it to be people arguing 😂

And then people moan at you for starting a thread.... 

31 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Can't say I'm surprised, for all his huff and puff he just can't stack up with the others, 

Kamara to be emergency back up as 4th choice? Would be Pointless bringing someone in. 

23 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Kamara to be emergency back up as 4th choice? Would be Pointless bringing someone in. 

Yeah, we said that about left backs. 😭

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

Yeah, we said that about left backs. 😭

Can Ramsey play as a striker if required? Reminds me of that time back in the Lockdown 2 when we played Luton and had Stiepermann up top because everyone was injured 😁

Ideally how many strikers do we want in the squad?  I am assuming 4, as although we are only likely to only play 1 upfront, if I was Smith I would want the option to play 2 up if needed.

I wonder if we might want to look at a striker who can play out wide too if we look for another option, someone with a bit of pace in behind. Right now Hugill isn't just 4th choice but he's the 3rd choice 'big man' type striker behind Sargent and Idah. I think you could pair each of these strikers with Pukki but you couldn't pair them together.

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

I wonder if we might want to look at a striker who can play out wide too if we look for another option, someone with a bit of pace in behind. Right now Hugill isn't just 4th choice but he's the 3rd choice 'big man' type striker behind Sargent and Idah. I think you could pair each of these strikers with Pukki but you couldn't pair them together.

I agree - I struggle to see how Hugill fits in, Cardiff might be a good option, all round.

8 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

I can see Hugill and Rashicha leaving before deadline day.

We are linked with Jamal Lowe and Alberto Elis as potential targets.

Lowe has had one hell of a career.. Seems to change club almost every year!

lwwww.png

Lowe was due to be playing against us last night but became ill during the warm up. Makes you wonder if a deal was discussed when Bournemouth arrived.

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Lowe was due to be playing against us last night but became ill during the warm up. Makes you wonder if a deal was discussed when Bournemouth arrived.

…you think the prospect of joining us/playing under Smith made him throw up?! 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Newtopia said:

I agree - I struggle to see how Hugill fits in, Cardiff might be a good option, all round.

I can’t see how selling hugill to another championship rival benefits us. We’d be better off keeping him as a good back up and a good guy to have around the squad than strengthening another club at the same level as us. 

Rashica I’d be happy to let go back to Germany for the right price to free wages and squad space he’s already 4th choice winger and potentially 5th choice once Rowe is fit again. 

I wouldn't imagine Hugill is one of our top earners but is likely to be on a decent wage due to his time at West Ham. It's a case of every little helps if we're trying to strengthen the squad elsewhere.

If it's a loan to Cardiff then it may be down to him if he wants to stay here and occasionally sit on the bench. A move away is good for all parties really.

4 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Can't say I'm surprised, for all his huff and puff he just can't stack up with the others, 

Would line up with the interest in the winger we have been linked to. He can play either on the wing or up front. It gives us another option for both which is why I wonder if we could also be losing a wide player.

Cardiff supposedly wanted Hugill back after his loan there, it might be quite savvy business if we can off load him to them after already having played them once - if it's permanent obviously. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I can’t see how selling hugill to another championship rival benefits us. We’d be better off keeping him as a good back up and a good guy to have around the squad than strengthening another club at the same level as us. 

Rashica I’d be happy to let go back to Germany for the right price to free wages and squad space he’s already 4th choice winger and potentially 5th choice once Rowe is fit again. 

Championship rival?

I love this forum sometimes. They were a poor, rubbish team when we didn't get a result against them, now they are a rival? Not from the same person I know but still. 

Here's the thing, we've played them once already. Giving them a weapon now, might help us rather than hinder.

Also, if we think that Hugill is really going to boost a team to be genuine contenders in this league, more so than Pukki, Sargent or Idah, then quite honestly, we may as well chuck in the towel now.

Edited by chicken

37 minutes ago, chicken said:

Championship rival?

I love this forum sometimes. They were a poor, rubbish team when we didn't get a result against them, now they are a rival? Not from the same person I know but still. 

Here's the thing, we've played them once already. Giving them a weapon now, might help us rather than hinder.

Also, if we think that Hugill is really going to boost a team to be genuine contenders in this league, more so than Pukki, Sargent or Idah, then quite honestly, we may as well chuck in the towel now.

Any team in the championship is a championship rival mate. 

1 hour ago, Pegz said:

Could this have a possible player on?? 

Screenshot_20220824-203116_Flightradar24.jpg

“They came from Greece they had a thirst for Norwich…”

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1