Terminally Yellow

Summer Transfer & Rumour Thread 2022

19 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Don’t worry, something similar will be along in the next few months.

Can't wait

The "Sorenson is Pirlo" club are at least keeping the spirit alive

• Haha 1

Núñez played today, and was substituted on 73 minutes. It was part of a double substitution of midfielders, which might suggest it was tactical rather than because of an injury.

Is this a plan B, in case Hayden's fitness continues to be an issue, a step up from Sorenson, or a Mclean improvement?

Either way, makes sense to get another engine in that position, which we're woefully short in 

If Hayden's injury continues to be an issue. I suggest send him back and look elsewhere for another CDM. We need improvements and we need them quickly integrated into the team.

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Suggests to me they don't think Hayden will be up for 2 games a week. 

One game a week would be a start

• Like 1

I think we have known for years that we have needed 2 defensive central midfielders. For years we have needed it, the closest I recall is O'Neil and tettey, both had grit, energy, could read the game well. It is a broken record saying we need 2 so let's see if we finally do it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Samwam27 said:

Is this a plan B, in case Hayden's fitness continues to be an issue, a step up from Sorenson, or a Mclean improvement?

Either way, makes sense to get another engine in that position, which we're woefully short in 

Probably both of the first two. Hayden's fitness is an issue and Sorensen hasn't shown enough to be trusted to play regularly in his absence.

If another defensive midfielder is in their sights then that tells me either there's a bigger issue with Hayden than expected, or Lungi is going to end up in another position or be readied to be sold.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Suggests to me they don't think Hayden will be up for 2 games a week. 

Or that he will be out for longer than originally thought, or perhaps just that they think we need two players for that position. But feel free to panic away.

59 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Or that he will be out for longer than originally thought, or perhaps just that they think we need two players for that position. But feel free to panic away.

I'm not panicking. But it will be another black mark against Webber if we have wasted resources on a player who can't do his job.

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I'm not panicking. But it will be another black mark against Webber if we have wasted resources on a player who can't do his job.

Oh do give it a rest.

Webber can be blamed for a lot of things. A player picking up a serious knee injury in training isn't one of them. That's football. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Oh do give it a rest.

Webber can be blamed for a lot of things. A player picking up a serious knee injury in training isn't one of them. That's football. 

Unless Webber took a sledgehammer to them... or decided on a two footed lunge on one of them in a training session... 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, smooth said:

I think we have known for years that we have needed 2 defensive central midfielders. For years we have needed it, the closest I recall is O'Neil and tettey, both had grit, energy, could read the game well. It is a broken record saying we need 2 so let's see if we finally do it

Well, we did have Tettey and Mulumbu in the same squad... before that would probably have been Johnson and Tettey. But then Johnson was sold and replaced with Mulumbu... 

Is it just me then seeing this Akouoku rumour as fluff paper talk? Second Betis defensive midfielder we've been linked to in as many summers, 3 recruits in CM already in this window, decent sized Belgian club also linked?

Unless yes we've discovered Hayden will only manage 20 minutes in March, I feel like this is just agent patter 

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

You’ll have to remind me….

Lots of De der-der der ders "Et-u-hu" 

Edit:To the tune of this

Edited by Ken Hairy

14 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

If another defensive midfielder is in their sights then that tells me either there's a bigger issue with Hayden than expected, or Lungi is going to end up in another position or be readied to be sold.

I think Lungi may be kept around regardless as a utility player across multiple positions. He doesn't seem massively fussed about if he's a regular starter or not.

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I think Lungi may be kept around regardless as a utility player across multiple positions. He doesn't seem massively fussed about if he's a regular starter or not.

I was beginning to wonder if he was going to be retrained as a centre-half. Did rather well against a certain Cristiano Ronaldo when Hanley got injured against Man Utd last season.

Think you're right though. Lungi must be a manager's dream in many ways, he's just the perfect quiet team player who doesn't kick up a fuss and tries his best where he's told to play.

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

*looks at end footage*

WAIT!

PHIL JONES INSPIRED ZIMBO!!!!

HE'S A BONA-FIDE MUTHAFUKKIN LEGEND!!!!!! 😄 

• Haha 1