Terminally Yellow

Summer Transfer & Rumour Thread 2022

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Why don't you tell us what's it all about?

As this is a transfer and rumour thread. Although if someone wants to start a separate one on underrated players from the past that aren't flown from our nest, it can go in then.

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

I doubt we'd be trying to sign him if we didn't think he'd get a permit. We presumably must have got one for Sara as well and he's not even an international.

I can't be bothered to try and work out the points as its all pretty complex. It looks to me like he might just fall short of the 15 needed for a guarantee (but I'm not sure how it all works with games he missed as he was injured etc) but as he's a Youth Player they can get an exemption provided they can show he's got "significant potential and is of a quality likely to enhance the development of the game" and you would think that if we are trying to sign him we are confident or have had a clear steer that the FA would grant such an exemption. 

Sara’s former club play in a higher banded domestic league and continental competition-someone said he had 27 points.

Kone could be another Soto scenario whereby we buy potential in lieu of a work permit. I don't have a problem with these deals as long as they are 'as well as' rather than 'instead of' an oven ready player.

Bearing in mind we have Tompkins, Omobamideli (to some extent), Gibbs, Idah, Sargent, Sara, Rowe and Springett still to realise their potential, I'd rather see a bit of experience coming in tbh.

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

As this is a transfer and rumour thread. Although if someone wants to start a separate one on underrated players from the past that aren't flown from our nest, it can go in then.

It was a joke about the Alfie reference. You know, Dionne Warwick?

I'll get my coat.

• Like 1

Just now, canarydan23 said:

I'll get my coat.

Nope, don't get it. Thanks for the explanation anyway.

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I'll get my coat.

Dinner Warwick? You mean Cilla Black. Easy mistake to make 😁

Heh, popular music / film is not a field I tend to dabble in much, so references to those tend to fly as far over my head as a typical Kenny McLean attempt from 25 yards.

1 hour ago, Don’t be Krul said:

Dinner Warwick? You mean Cilla Black. Easy mistake to make 😁

No no, I mean Dionne Warwick, the singer of the song Cilla Black covered.

Easy mistake to make.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Easy mistake to make.

Bloody auto fill 😆

9 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Easy mistake to make.

Warwick's version didn't come out till 67    Blacks was 65?

8 minutes ago, mastoola said:

Warwick's version didn't come out till 67    Blacks was 65?

You're right, Black's was first, 66. Had no idea it was a Burt Bacharach song.

Also, it's a **** song.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

You're right, Black's was first, 66. Had no idea it was a Burt Bacharach song.

Also, it's a **** song.

4 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Kone could be another Soto scenario whereby we buy potential in lieu of a work permit. I don't have a problem with these deals as long as they are 'as well as' rather than 'instead of' an oven ready player.

He's played regularly in a league which is easily top 50 and played a couple of internationals games. I don't know the exact triggers but surely he gets the points required.

9 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

He's played regularly in a league which is easily top 50 and played a couple of internationals games. I don't know the exact triggers but surely he gets the points required.

You’d hope we’d not waste time trying to sign a player who doesn’t qualify.

Re whether he’d be a first teamer, I would equally hope we aren’t going to spend too much time and money sending SW halfway across the world vying for a player for the u23 side when first and foremost we need first teamers 

Oh he'd 100% be in the first team squad. From what I read yesterday he'd be a perfect player for what we're trying to do so I think he'd play a lot. Especially with how compressed the season is going to be, we'll need to rotate.

1 minute ago, RugbyCanary said:

Having a bit of a read up on him. I feel a bit of tettey in there? Strong, knows his job, can run all day.....🤔🤔

I think more of a technical player than Tettey. This guy looks every bit a guy that can help drive us forward.

One of the trademarks of Smith's 8s at villa was them Dribbling forwards or dropping deep and pining balls out ro the wings. I think this guy seems ideal for that. 

• Like 1

Aaron Ramsey is available on a free if anyone thinks we should be interested…is looking to get fit for Wales in the World Cup, but was on an utterly ridiculous £400k a week.   The thing is that surely he doesn’t need the stupid amounts of cash any more, but it does seem money is what they are mostly interested in nowadays. 

22 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Aaron Ramsey is available on a free if anyone thinks we should be interested…is looking to get fit for Wales in the World Cup, but was on an utterly ridiculous £400k a week.   The thing is that surely he doesn’t need the stupid amounts of cash any more, but it does seem money is what they are mostly interested in nowadays. 

Cue the obvious jokes about his injury record...

10 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Cue the obvious jokes about his injury record...

Well it was only part-serious a suggestion, but he’s a bloody good player when fit 

37 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I'd have him here. Suspect he's got bigger fish to fry though. 

1 hour ago, KeiranShikari said:

He's played 20 games in his club career and twice for Canada.

Canada are ranked 43 in the world-he has played 55 minutes for Canada out of 450 possible minutes. That is 12%. That gives him 0 points.

image.png.78835beac2b28faf35a241135a4c66be.png

He has played 1084 out of 2160 possible minutes in the MLS this season-that's 50%. The MLS is a Band 4 league. That gives him 2 points.

image.png.2d4f86bf0f0e146a3314fac2711e30f5.png

He has played 236 out of 360 possible minutes in the CONCACAF Champions League. That's 65%. The CONCACAF Champions League is a Band 3 Continental competition. That gives him 0 points.

image.png.96e91bfa529a26f63d766b2e29b2f421.png

Montreal won the Canadian Championship which is a Band 6 league. This gives him 1 point.

image.png.7f1edc1453f288b95b91d31cdc7d385f.png

Montreal reached the Quarter Finals of the CONCACAF. This gives him 0 points.

image.png.a1b18b8b810fee41870bbf2b5fd967d4.png

Montreal are in a Band 4 league. This gives him 6 points.

image.png.1b63a2bf385673d906cf2d714c5e7b57.png

Total of 9 points.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1