Terminally Yellow

Summer Transfer & Rumour Thread 2022

MLS is generally a lot, lot slower than the championship. I've not seen him play but he'd probably need to bulk up to live with the physical demands. I'd imagine like Tzolis a tentative purchase for the future. Might be our next Maddison or Buendia, or could be our next Placheta or Tzolis 😅

I really can’t see how Ismael Kone gets the 15 points needed to get his GBE. The MLS is a Band 4 competition so he only gets 2 points through his recent appearances and another 6 points just for currently being in a Band 4 competition. He hasn’t played in enough internationals to get any points through that, so I reckon he only has 8 points.

8 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

I really can’t see how Ismael Kone gets the 15 points needed to get his GBE. The MLS is a Band 4 competition so he only gets 2 points through his recent appearances and another 6 points just for currently being in a Band 4 competition. He hasn’t played in enough internationals to get any points through that, so I reckon he only has 8 points.

Any player u21 can qualify through appeal process

This kid looks promising. My only doubt would be whether he’s ready to make an impact now or is another one for “the future.”

id like signings this summer to be ready to play now. 

8 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

This kid looks promising. My only doubt would be whether he’s ready to make an impact now or is another one for “the future.”

id like signings this summer to be ready to play now. 

Agreed I would be happy if he signed, but again he looks one for the future and not a direct PLM replacement. Perhaps we are looking at a loan of a ready to go option for the here and now?

8 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I think it's just them doing their job. Don't overthink it.

Not quite - the simple fact for the pinkun is that they have lost their ‘in’ and in terms of rumours are largely reliant on posting links broken elsewhere, and far more of a ‘rehash’ of other peoples work. Which is a shame.

This could be a good link, who knows right now. One thing is that Webber seems to have been clocking up the air miles and he/the club must have a pretty massive carbon footprint!

Edited by Branston Pickle

An unproven kid that no sod has heard of from a poor league..... Right up our street, is he injured too?...... 😏

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Be nice to sign someone we have heard of and who has already proven themselves rather than 'hes a promising young lad might be good in a couple years..'

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

13 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Be nice to sign someone we have heard of and who has already proven themselves rather than 'hes a promising young lad might be good in a couple years..'

Cough - Isaac Hayden - cough. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Would be nice to sign Haaland too. But it’s the same reason why we can’t.

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Because that worked so well with Naismith? 

and why on earth did we buy Buendia and Pukki...never heard of either of them -bit part players in minor leagues and Pukki couldnt even make it at Celtic...total waste of money 😉

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AJ said:

MLS is generally a lot, lot slower than the championship. I've not seen him play but he'd probably need to bulk up to live with the physical demands. I'd imagine like Tzolis a tentative purchase for the future. Might be our next Maddison or Buendia, or could be our next Placheta or Tzolis 😅

One thing that struck me from the (tiny) bits of video footage was his athleticism - the springy way he moves, which is present in a lot of top players.

Doesn't mean anything in isolation of course, but he does look physically capable to me.

51 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

One thing that struck me from the (tiny) bits of video footage was his athleticism - the springy way he moves, which is present in a lot of top players.

Doesn't mean anything in isolation of course, but he does look physically capable to me.

Yes, but we seem obsessed with physicality now. Height, strength, muscle, stamina. I understand we have been a little lightweight at times but we seem to have gone to the other extreme and value physical attributes much more than ability to actually do something with a football at our feet. 

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

yes, we certainly don't want any more "Buendia" types do we...

3 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Cough - Isaac Hayden - cough. 

Don't tell me Hayden now has Covid!

• Haha 8

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Why would it be better to sign someone you've heard of?

1 hour ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

Kone can run 100m in 9.94 sec - is that quicker than Placheta? 

It's a different Ismael Kone 🙂

https://worldathletics.org/athletes/cote-divoire/ismael-kone-14849101

This guy was born in 2000, whereas the footballer was born in 2002 (pic of him below, taken from Transfermarkt).

download.jpg.a6643cd7d591d8c22bf95746754edb27.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Does he get any points for his appearances in the concacaf champions League?

10 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Does he get any points for his appearances in the concacaf champions League?

No, it’s a Band 3 continental competition-you have to play in at least 80% of the available minutes to get a point, he only played 65%.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, YellowSubmarine said:

Any player u21 can qualify through appeal process

Well, not any player, only those with significant potential.

63A796CD-50CB-41D0-88D0-AE50580F9E82.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

No, it’s a Band 3 continental competition-you have to play in at least 80% of the available minutes to get a point, he only played 65%.

I doubt we'd be trying to sign him if we didn't think he'd get a permit. We presumably must have got one for Sara as well and he's not even an international.

I can't be bothered to try and work out the points as its all pretty complex. It looks to me like he might just fall short of the 15 needed for a guarantee (but I'm not sure how it all works with games he missed as he was injured etc) but as he's a Youth Player they can get an exemption provided they can show he's got "significant potential and is of a quality likely to enhance the development of the game" and you would think that if we are trying to sign him we are confident or have had a clear steer that the FA would grant such an exemption. 

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yeah deffo , we make far too many of this promising young lad might be good in a couple of years signings, we need proven signings I accept this costs more.😃

4 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Yeah, not proven or experienced in English football... 😉

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

Yeah deffo , we make far too many of this promising young lad might be good in a couple of years signings, we need proven signings I accept this costs more.😃

It often costs more and the club gets less. It's pretty much the route to mid table championship mediocrity, (though I accept that our current strategy probably leads to yo-yoing mediocrity.)

The players that have kept the club going (Maddison, Buendia, Godfrey) have been these up and coming signings. There's many that fell by the wayside but that's part and parcel of it. 

16 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

We can’t afford those proven signings to a requisite level that is going to improve us. Look at the fees and wages Forest are paying for their premier league punts. Until we have our very own (alleged) drug kingpin bankrolling the club we have to hope enough of these punts will come off one day for us to scrape 17th before not enough come off to move us to championship mid table mediocrity.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, king canary said:

Why would it be better to sign someone you've heard of?

When he says heard of, he means someone he hadn't heard of until Hull were interested.

5 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Well, Alfie's had his injuries in the past, but he could play defensive midfield.

EDIT: I always thought Alfie was very underrated, but that's another story.

Edited by TheGunnShow

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

EDIT: I always thought Alfie was very underrated, but that's another story.

Why don't you tell us what's it all about?

• Haha 1