Terminally Yellow

Summer Transfer & Rumour Thread 2022

It’s probably bull, but Normann wouldn’t be a bad shout - he was pretty good until his injury, and had flashes after.  I don’t think he was quite the ‘enforcer’, being a bit more creative, and with Hayden now in that role we could do worse. 

6 hours ago, Badger said:

Probably nonsense but here you go:

Norwich City hope to complete the signing of Mathias Normann in the coming weeks. player willing to leave Russia. Todd Cantwell has options to consider as the club push for the exit.

It is textspeak, and the use of the past participle rather that the present participle is confusing, but I think he is saying Cantwell has options to consider such as pushing the club to let him go, rather than the.club pushing for this.

in reality it could of course be that both are pushing for his departure…😍

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

It’s probably bull, but Normann wouldn’t be a bad shout - he was pretty good until his injury, and had flashes after.  I don’t think he was quite the ‘enforcer’, being a bit more creative, and with Hayden now in that role we could do worse. 

I was advocating for Normann to be played higher up and away from the defensive midfield position after he played that through ball for Pukki.

I was shot down by a few after the suggestion.

Definitely think he has more of a creative side to him compared to defensive and could be more utilised in a central free role box to box type.

• Like 2

If finances are now not the problem that they would have been, then we all know the issues at stake.

Do we get the original Normann, or do we get the one that appeared after his long injury lay-off? If the former, then we still have to be aware of that injury and the possibility of repercussion.

The original Normann was terrific. His last few appearances were perfectly awful. The player, having recognised this, has, like a few others, something to prove.

I feel it's a risk worth taking. We could well have a Championship superstar on our hands. The acquisition of Hayden is a factor here, of course. 

Despite a few things lining up, particularly the Russian connection, but also the player's need to re-establish himself in the game, I just cannot see this happening. Pity, class is class.

Pukki owes City nothing. Normann owes the club a lot, ditto Cantwell.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

I doubt there's much in that but on his performances pre and post injury (wasn''t he always injured really). I thought he was being asked to hold back more by smith in the second half whereas in the earlier part of the season he had freedom to play his natural game.

We could do worse than Normann but I can't really see it. 

48 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I doubt there's much in that but on his performances pre and post injury (wasn''t he always injured really). I thought he was being asked to hold back more by smith in the second half whereas in the earlier part of the season he had freedom to play his natural game.

We could do worse than Normann but I can't really see it. 

Agreed. And for me, we’re going into this season with more or less the same team that couldn’t gel in the Premier League. So unless Smith has some amazing pre season super glue that we don’t know of, getting a player back in Normann that hardly performed along with the others in that midfield does confuse me somewhat.

5 hours ago, 7HAR1980 said:

I was advocating for Normann to be played higher up and away from the defensive midfield position after he played that through ball for Pukki.

I was shot down by a few after the suggestion.

Definitely think he has more of a creative side to him compared to defensive and could be more utilised in a central free role box to box type.

I agree, if Normann stayed fit he would be ideal to play higher up the pitch with Hayden as security. He may even be the Stiepermann replacement.  He’s got a great long shot a good passing range he just needs to stay fit.

• Like 1

I have to say Normann annoyed me big time last season and he faced some major derision from fans around where I sat. He would have a lot of 'winning over' to do but it would be a ballsy statement from him and I'd like that. There's a much better player than what we saw, providing he's played in the right position.

• Like 1

IF he was actually committed to it then he would be a class above most midfielders in the championship and would be an unbelievable signing.

I also think with an injury free year (will that be possible??) in the championship he would be one of the few players capable of stepping up to the premier league standard.

I'm just not convinced that he actually wants to play for us giving comments attributed to him last year and his second half of the season performance.

I'd take Normann back on a free, as said with Hayden signing he could be pushed further forward. 

As for Placheta, I'll drive him there..... Even at todays fuel prices 😄

7 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'd take Normann back on a free, as said with Hayden signing he could be pushed further forward. 

Agree about normann and deffo agree about placheta , he'll never be good enough for us lacks any kind of football brain , but a cheap no risk gamble that did not pay off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Canary dwarf said:

Agree about normann and deffo agree about placheta , he'll never be good enough for us lacks any kind of football brain , but a cheap no risk gamble that did not pay off.

Wasn't he a couple of million? Considering we were in the Championship, that's a decent outlay.

As for Normann, he's a very good player when he's fit and arsed. If we can get him to be both often enough, he'd be a decent signing at the right price, but I'd have slight reservations.

Normann is exactly what we don’t need in The Championship - Injury prone and unmotivated. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Looking like Placheta on the way out for this season at least.

Change “ at least “ to “ at last “

23 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Wasn't he a couple of million? Considering we were in the Championship, that's a decent outlay.

As for Normann, he's a very good player when he's fit and arsed. If we can get him to be both often enough, he'd be a decent signing at the right price, but I'd have slight reservations.

2 million for a big championship club is not a decent outlay!😙

I am currently bored of the repetitive conversation, so please bewarned this is totally made up.

##Norwich have made an offer Lukasz Poreba for £4M## last seem in Morrisons looking at the deli meats to ensure he could envisage living in the UK.

Key takeaways of MB's latest Athletic article-

Key focus is on the '#8' signing, with nothing imminent but progress made on both domestic and foreign options. McLean considered the 3rd man (out of a 3 with Hayden) and slight doubts over Lungi wanting to stick around for another year of bits and pieces.

Were never interested in Twine and hope our midfield recruitment eventually shows justification for not shopping at Lg1 level. Absolutely won't be signing Hourihane despite that child on Twitter saying its a done deal.

On 10/06/2022 at 07:37, Terminally Yellow said:
1 minute ago, Mason 47 said:

Key takeaways of MB's latest Athletic article-

Key focus is on the '#8' signing, with nothing imminent but progress made on both domestic and foreign options. McLean considered the 3rd man (out of a 3 with Hayden) and slight doubts over Lungi wanting to stick around for another year of bits and pieces.

Were never interested in Twine and hope our midfield recruitment eventually shows justification for not shopping at Lg1 level. Absolutely won't be signing Hourihane despite that child on Twitter saying its a done deal.

Does anyone think the boys Gibbs  and Clarke could step up this year. Noticed Flynn featured heavily in the kit release video. Both highly rated.

14 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Todays the first day of pre season and just one loanee in. What a window!

Three distinctive categories for acquisitions these days.

Loans/Loanees.

Loans/Loanees with an option to buy.

Outright purchases .... on tick, with add-ons or whatever.

Haydn is in the second category. No actual outright loan yet. One will do.

Edited by BroadstairsR

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Careful CC you'll provoke the "look at every other club" responses.... In fact I think I can hear the clattering of keyboards already. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Careful CC you'll provoke the "look at every other club" responses.... In fact I think I can hear the clattering of keyboards already. 

I'm used to getting angry screeching at me anytime I post anything so don't worry🤣

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If the window were to slam shut today and we go with what we have including Krul, Hanley, Aarons, Rashica, Giannoulis and Pukki, who have all been rumoured as leaving, I'd be quite relieved.

If we don't have money to spend and no one wants to buy our players, there isn't an awful lot we can do tbh.

• Like 3

As long as we start the season with Krul, Gunn, Handley, Pukki and both Omobamidele and Idah fit, together with the young talent, I would not mind which of the rest moved on, as long as the money was right.

11 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

I saw someone, I think on Twitter, say can we reverse the usual loan clause and insist that he must be selected for them when we play Birmingham. 😂

• Haha 1

For make it’s worth a Leeds fan told me we were in for Helder Costa. Haven’t see it on the internet anywhere……..

Would seem the sort of player we might go for if we ship out a few of our current wide players.

9 minutes ago, Yellow Wal said:

As long as we start the season with Krul, Gunn, Handley, Pukki and both Omobamidele and Idah fit, together with the young talent, I would not mind which of the rest moved on, as long as the money was right.

The biggest issue for me that while yes a lot of our players are championship proven a lot of them have also got us relegated from the prem twice. We really gonna trust them to get us up and keep us up for a third time?

Beacause that sounds silly to me. There is a lot of deadwood in this squad that needs moving on

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1