Terminally Yellow

Summer Transfer & Rumour Thread 2022

10 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Onel can also run fast, works hard and is strong. Just wears triangle boots. Would still trust him to finish a 1 on 1 over PP though. Also, Onel makes more intelligent runs to stretch defences and has proven to be a versatile player all down both flanks.

He's also quite a dangerous, nimble dribbler in tight spaces, which is something I doubt Placheta would be capable of.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I’m a bit confused by the wages thing. Who’s going to agree to pay him 10s of thousands a week for years with a record of being released by previous clubs? 

Someone paid Aaron Ramsay £400,000 a week.

With that in mind, I can't blame nobodies with dodgy records demanding a few dozen thousand a week.

30 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I’m a bit confused by the wages thing. Who’s going to agree to pay him 10s of thousands a week for years with a record of being released by previous clubs? 

Certainly not us, based on his record.

• Like 1

Any club offering a couple of million for Cantscore is an offer we need to take instantly. The overvaluation of him by some is incredible and getting rid is better than him drifting off for nothing next June. This is excellent news and I hope it’s true. 

I'm guessing the Todd rumour is a joke "fils da pute" translates as literally "son of a ****". Rather unkind on his mother who is , I'm sure, a lovely woman (if I can be forgiven for assuming her gender). 

Three million Euros would be a decent price given that the alternative is a loan followed by him going on a free thereafter.

I think he's worth more, however this may be one of those circumstances where we may have to cut our losses. He'll certainly be on a decent salary and that money can be used elsewhere on a player who really wants to be here and whose mind is on the job in hand.

The fact that he was sent out on loan last season and didn't stay to fight for his place would seem to imply that he's burnt his bridges with the management. I wish him every success whatever he decides to do. 

• Like 2

Matthew Sorinola - heavily linked with us earlier this window - is joining Swansea on loan. 

Russ building well. 

Screenshot_20220624-122819.png

Edited by Terminally Yellow

I think we should take the 3m and run.

I feel a bit guilty about this because I have always had a soft spot for Nantes because they are the 'French Canaries', and I would be much happier if one of their Ligue Un rivals were lumbered with the trouble-maker, but as long as he is nowhere near the young players at Carrow Road, I am happy.

• Like 1

Had a few pints with my mates who are Blades fans last night.  Surprisingly they see Cantwell as the ideal replacement for Berge, they still expect him to move, might be worth a cheeky swap deal?

3 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Had a few pints with my mates who are Blades fans last night.  Surprisingly they see Cantwell as the ideal replacement for Berge, they still expect him to move, might be worth a cheeky swap deal?

Berge flopped for them.

Sheff Utd want £22m for Berge and Leeds have been linked. The Blades aren't adverse to spending millions so maybe Todd for £10m would be a possibility.

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Sheff Utd want £22m for Berge and Leeds have been linked. The Blades aren't adverse to spending millions so maybe Todd for £10m would be a possibility.

I imagine with Philips off to Man City for almost 50 million I would think Berge might be off to Leeds

4 minutes ago, chicken said:

I  guess it's all relative. Worth looking at what is going on elsewhere...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/transfers

I also didn't realise that the absolute thug that is Joey Barton is still finding work as a manager above conference level... 

My friend is a huge Rovers fan and I asked him if he went to their final game if the season when they scored a boat load and got promoted. He said he hadn’t been all season as he refused to watch a team managed by a wife beater. 
disclaimer: I’m not apportioning guilt but just showing a snapshot of the feeling a Gas head feels about the bloke. 

On 23/06/2022 at 23:17, chicken said:

Same source as a previous rumour:
image.png.53e3220866b930b15e70cbd941911637.png

So the theory is we are going to sign a player who couldn't get into a relegated AS Saint-Ètienne side. That would be an interesting move.

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Berge flopped for them.

TBF he was never utilised correctly, they tried to play him like McLean for us, trying to do a bit of everything when really he is a pure attacking midfielder (he can't tackle or defend to save his life).

One lonely new loan player in, all last year’s loans returned(  thankfully ) two possibly going out , squad looks awfully poor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

One lonely new loan player in, all last year’s loans returned(  thankfully ) two possibly going out , squad looks awfully poor.

1 month to go though.

23 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Reports from the Leeds camp suggest charlie cresswell might be on his way here

Do you know if it permanent or on loan?

9 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

Do you know if it permanent or on loan?

Is this a real person? He sounds like he wears big red shoes and works at Billy Smart’s circus.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

🤔

This account posts in a reply he's a player he thinks we need. Seems more a suggestion than knowledge of anything.

4 hours ago, hertfordyellow said:

Charlie Cresswell makes absolutely no sense. Don’t need a centre back. We don’t need another teenager. 

and we don't need another loan, at least not in that position, which will probably be quite expensive. Money that could be put to better use elsewhere in the squad?

Besides, why should we help bring on one of the youngsters of our 'feeder' club? 🤔

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

Charlie Cresswell makes absolutely no sense. Don’t need a centre back. We don’t need another teenager. 

I get it as a loan IF someone else is on their way, Zimbo or Gibson (if he isn’t likely to get game time). 

No more loans please   if Cresswell comes in what does that do to Andy Omobalideles opportunities?  

37 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

No more loans please   if Cresswell comes in what does that do to Andy Omobalideles opportunities?  

They play together with Hanley in a back 3? 

It is another painfully slow transfer window for Norwich nothing learned from last season, we must be on our 4th choices for positions after this length of time

you couldn’t make it up