Terminally Yellow

Summer Transfer & Rumour Thread 2022

You wonder if it might have to be a deal where we take say £3m up front and a few more £m in add-on's based on performance.

37 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not related to us but I see Nick Pope is off to Newcastle.. Burnley slowly being stripped of their best players. Good news for us prehaps?

Don’t you mean Vincent Kompany’s Burnley?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

"Son of a ****"

😂😂😂 

Screenshot_20220623-142750~2.png

There's a brilliant irony that Nantes are also known as the Canaries and also.... play in yellow and green. And the two teams begin with N. 

40 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not related to us but I see Nick Pope is off to Newcastle.. Burnley slowly being stripped of their best players. Good news for us prehaps?

Similarly isn't Johnson leaving WBA? That would also be good for us if it happened....

49 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

Three million euros is a joke. 

What would we say as the minimum to take this summer. £12 mil?

£12m?! Wow you really do rate him.... He has just one year left on his contract and has failed in the last 12 months to get into both a championship side and a rock bottom relegated prem side... I personally would look to say to all interested parties, for 5m pounds sterling and all up front he is anyone's.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Similarly isn't Johnson leaving WBA? That would also be good for us if it happened....

Yeah gone on a free. WBA doing some interesting business so far though, hoovering up a couple of the stand out Championship free agents in Swift and Wallace.

Joke offers for Todd, but probably not worth it.  If he is going to get a decent team he must prove he can do it.  Only way to do that is to do it for City.   

3 hours ago, NeymarSmith said:

I'd take 5-7 with add-ons rising to 10. 

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

There's a brilliant irony that Nantes are also known as the Canaries and also.... play in yellow and green. And the two teams begin with N. 

Yes, but the similarities end there. I think they've won the French league eight times.

Nowadays, though, they're just an also-ran club who make up the numbers. They almost got relegated the season before last.

3 hours ago, NeymarSmith said:

3 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

Considering it’s going to be hard to him I think we will take under £10m but €3m is a complete and utter joke - isn’t even worth £2.6m at the moment 

3 hours ago, king canary said:

You wonder if it might have to be a deal where we take say £3m up front and a few more £m in add-on's based on performance.

You are kidding, right? 

He's in the last year of his deal, a quick Google shows many reasons to doubt his attitude and commitment, he's achieved jack **** under three well respected managers at two clubs in two divisions and you guys think we should be asking for deals worth many millions of pounds? He's Moritz Leitner 2.0.

If someone offered us £3m tomorrow we should snap their hands off. We'll be lucky to get anything whatsoever.

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Polish media linking Placheta with a move. Several clubs in England interested in a loan, permanent interest from abroad.

1 minute ago, Mason 47 said:

Polish media linking Placheta with a move. Several clubs in England interested in a loan, permanent interest from abroad.

Don't give me hope! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Just came to post this... 

Screenshot_20220623-192032~2.png

Edited by Terminally Yellow

Birmingham after Przemek?? Guess that means they're not going for Onel again then.

7 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Birmingham after Przemek?? Guess that means they're not going for Onel again then.

Good, would rather we kept Argos if it's a question of which of the two. 

15 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

This. Onel might be a passion merchant.. but we need that kind of attitude from our players to be fair

• Like 1

I think at the moment it's take what you can for Cantwell. Hold on for a bit to see if anyone else wants to raise the price a bit but if not take it. He is a free agent next summer. He is definitely not in the managers plans so what else. Training with the under 23s. I don't think that would be good for their attitude to have him around. Get what you can and move on. If it's low it's low but for me we have to get rid for what ever we can and I can't see too many other teams bidding much more after last season's performance here and down south. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Dear me, is Placheta really that bad?!

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

You are kidding, right? 

He's in the last year of his deal, a quick Google shows many reasons to doubt his attitude and commitment, he's achieved jack **** under three well respected managers at two clubs in two divisions and you guys think we should be asking for deals worth many millions of pounds? He's Moritz Leitner 2.0.

If someone offered us £3m tomorrow we should snap their hands off. We'll be lucky to get anything whatsoever.

Yep, plus we'd trim about £2m off the wage bill.

A good bit of business.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean Placheta can run fast.. That's about it. About no real finishing skills or brain to speak of otherwise

Sadly he’s not so good at running fast while in possession of the ball. Or at least, we’ve never seen it.

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

Same source as a previous rumour:
image.png.53e3220866b930b15e70cbd941911637.png

I’m a bit confused by the wages thing. Who’s going to agree to pay him 10s of thousands a week for years with a record of being released by previous clubs? 

I hope Todd turns up next season and does the business for us.   Won't happen if he doesn't get rid of his social media mind.   3m Euros, is a reasonable offer at the moment, not a joke.     Nothing lately to suggest much value, even 3m constitutes quite a gamble for a non PSG French club!

Come on Todd, make something of your ability. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean Placheta can run fast.. That's about it. About no real finishing skills or brain to speak of otherwise

Onel can also run fast, works hard and is strong. Just wears triangle boots. Would still trust him to finish a 1 on 1 over PP though. Also, Onel makes more intelligent runs to stretch defences and has proven to be a versatile player all down both flanks.