Terminally Yellow

Summer Transfer & Rumour Thread 2022

Jesus Christ are we seriously going to waste another summer banging on about Skipp on here? Not going to happen. 

10 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

If it's an anchorman you guys are looking for, look no further than Connor Barron at Aberdeen.

I would be surprised if he wasn't a Scotland regular by the end of next season.

Does anyone remember Stuart McCall or David Batty or Rino Gatusso? Barron reminds me of them.

The only sticking point might be the fee. Aberdeen are playing hardball with Liverpool over Calvin Ramsay (they want £10m with £5m upfront), so I'd expect that they'll do the same with Barron.

Looks like Connor Barron spent last season out on loan in the Scottish League Two, and has only played 6 league games for Aberdeen.

May well be one for the future, but we need one for the now. Also, can't say "a Scotland regular" excites me much, Billy Gilmour is one of those.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

After last night's match... "Scotland regular" excites you as much as "England regular" excites me. 😉

Very true

Hopefully not, he'd probably be ok in the championship, but would then just add to the contingent of too good for the champ and not good enough for the prem, if we went up.  Need players with the potential to improve.

Can't see any need for Brady myself but I did like him when he played for us.

Clearly all the juicy transfer stuff is being saved for when we're done discussing fonts and border sizes.

• Haha 2

On 15/06/2022 at 22:27, Ken Hairy said:

Jesus Christ are we seriously going to waste another summer banging on about Skipp on here? Not going to happen. 

Thank God for that 

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Can't see any need for Brady myself but I did like him when he played for us.

Clearly all the juicy transfer stuff is being saved for when we're done discussing fonts and border sizes.

I quite like it when out of nowhere we have a new player awkwardly being filmed in their ‘Welcome (Insert name here)’ video. It’s much more fun than the protracted BS of the premier league. 

One of my favourite all time protracted transfer sagas was Ross McCormack. Who, up until recently, was playing for Aldershot I think managing a grand total of 3 appearances in one season. Makes you think..

Edited by Danke bitte

Aaaaaaaaand Toddy maybe off to Blackburn on loan. Seems the original source of this is Alan Nixon (@reluctantnicko on twitter) in that godawful paper I don't like to mention. 

3 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Pink Un suggests we have an interest in Cameron Archer of Aston Villa on loan. Watford apparently our competition.

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/ncfc-canaries-transfer-news-rumours-cameron-archer-watford-9045670

If true one for the academy I would think

51 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Aaaaaaaaand Toddy maybe off to Blackburn on loan. Seems the original source of this is Alan Nixon (@reluctantnicko on twitter) in that godawful paper I don't like to mention. 

Oh how he's fallen. Really is in last chance number 3 now.. From being a bit part player at Bournmouth to this. Christ, if this loan does not work out for him he might as well retire

20 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If true one for the academy I would think

Why would we loan a player to play in our U23's? Think you may have missed the vital detail there! 

• Like 2

On 18/06/2022 at 23:11, chicken said:

Why would we loan a player to play in our U23's? Think you may have missed the vital detail there! 

Plus he played premier league football last season - would be a good signing and I’m sure archer would like to play under smith again 

On 18/06/2022 at 19:10, Terminally Yellow said:

Pink Un suggests we have an interest in Cameron Archer of Aston Villa on loan. Watford apparently our competition.

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/ncfc-canaries-transfer-news-rumours-cameron-archer-watford-9045670

(If) their is no clause to make the move permanent or at least extend the loan by a season upon possible promotion, then I don't see the point in this potential move.

7 minutes ago, CrankyCanary said:

(If) their is no clause to make the move permanent or at least extend the loan by a season upon possible promotion, then I don't see the point in this potential move.

Can’t see this one happening. 

6397E3BF-3F0C-4C7F-9849-2D2E210561E5.png

6400B733-1860-4663-8053-4AC362E38FCC.png

Not on loan, I understand loaning in players when we are wanting to try and stay up and there is no lasting commitment if we go down again.  When we have 5 strikers all capable of contributing goals in the championship, and it would affect their development, makes no sense.

Unless as someone said it came with the option to buy if it worked out.

14 minutes ago, CrankyCanary said:

Promotion?

If we're seriously considering loaning another striker then it suggests one or more are on the way out. I would guess Hugill is one.

I would have thought there must also be question marks over Idah's fitness given his injury and long lay-off.

It wouldn't seem to be a priority position that needs filling but we aren't privvy to the detail.

11 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

If we're seriously considering loaning another striker then it suggests one or more are on the way out. I would guess Hugill is one.

I would have thought there must also be question marks over Idah's fitness given his injury and long lay-off.

It wouldn't seem to be a priority position that needs filling but we aren't privvy to the detail.

Not sure about that. If Pukki gets injured who do we have? It’s not like goals have been coming from midfield, not since Emi left. Equally do you recall that injury spell in the 20/21 season when we had to have Stiepi up top?! Don’t want that to happen again. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

What a boring transfer window so far with a month to go. Boring boring Norwich.

It's not supposed to be a form of entertainment, mate. Relax, go outside, enjoy the sunshine. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

It's not supposed to be a form of entertainment, mate. Relax, go outside, enjoy the sunshine. 

The number of people who don't realise that it's a form of penance always shocks me.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

What a boring transfer window so far with a month to go. Boring boring Norwich.

Not a huge amount going on generally, to be fair  - just bits and bobs. I guess it will ratchet up soon; the season starts in 5 weeks this weekend…

Is Webber back from his mountaineering in Ecuador yet? If not, that might explain why there's been no announcements for a couple of weeks. Imagine the Hayden deal was pretty much finalised before he left.