Terminally Yellow

Summer Transfer & Rumour Thread 2022

36 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

We're more North East than Southampton 

I think we should look for players who...when we get promoted will be able to keep us there. Armstrong's record certainly doesn't suggest that is the case. Hayden is a different story completely. We have set the bar with his signing for sure

8 minutes ago, canarycop said:

I think we should look for players who...when we get promoted will be able to keep us there. Armstrong's record certainly doesn't suggest that is the case. Hayden is a different story completely. We have set the bar with his signing for sure

Certainly a bar a low bar, Newcastle reject on loan, it’s going to be yet another trying transfer window

webber out Cullen in 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

2 goals in 23 appearances? He's no Pukki

According to press coverage at the time he cost £15M , imagine the forum melt down if we had spent that much on a player who had so little impact.  Why aren't we Southampton 

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Certainly a bar a low bar, Newcastle reject on loan, it’s going to be yet another trying transfer window

webber out Cullen in 

Harsh... this is the same Newcastle reject that tore the championship apart in a Blackburn team, and could well thrive in a team that sets up teemu the way we try to(have in the past) they are very similar off the shoulder runners in behind with a finish, or playing off a big guy (Idah, hugill as Smith has shown he likes two up top too) 

If we could nab him on loan with a view to permanent at the end for the right price if promotion is sealed I'd be pleased with that. 

2 hours ago, canarycop said:

I couldn't disagree more.

Get the players who can get you there. 

3 hours ago, Bert said:

webber out Cullen in 

Bert out Ernie in! 

4 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

We're more North East than Southampton 

And Boro is actually North East

Not our transfer news, but today announced Burnley will lose Tarkowski  Mee, Lennon, Bardsley, Pieters and Dale Stephens at the end of the month (along with a bunch of u23s)

Some big characters and experience in that lot, quite the rebuild they have on this summer 

24 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Not our transfer news, but today announced Burnley will lose Tarkowski  Mee, Lennon, Bardsley, Pieters and Dale Stephens at the end of the month (along with a bunch of u23s)

Some big characters and experience in that lot, quite the rebuild they have on this summer 

I'd take Ben Mee 

14 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I'd take Ben Mee 

He doesn’t find  you that attractive 

Edited by Bert
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Bert said:

He doesn’t find  you that attractive 

Jokes on you, I've already had a good ol toe suck from the geezer. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I'd take Ben Mee 

Mee AND Tarkowski would be a dream, unless your name is Ben Gibson. 

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

was.....

Is currently on zero. 

And I'm sure he will be happy to join us to take a cut down to 20 grand a week or less to play in the championship when he no doubt has Prem clubs offering him the 70 grand a week

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

As stingy as we are, I very highly doubt our top bracket is 20k... Maybe 15 years ago. 

Id say 35-40k... If he doesn't fancy it then fine let him go where he wants for the £s. 🤷🤷

33 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

As stingy as we are, I very highly doubt our top bracket is 20k... Maybe 15 years ago. 

Id say 35-40k... If he doesn't fancy it then fine let him go where he wants for the £s. 🤷🤷

I can't see us giving out a chunk contract to a 32 year old in a position we're already pretty well stocked.

13 hours ago, canarycop said:

We've completely failed to recruit players good enough to keep us in the Premier League twice in the last three seasons whilst we were actually in it. Finding them when we're in the Championship will be considerably more difficult.

• Like 1

Both Mee and Tarkowski are positionally very poor. Coupled with the gargantuan wages they are not the sort of players I would want us to recruit now. 

2 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

We've completely failed to recruit players good enough to keep us in the Premier League twice in the last three seasons whilst we were actually in it. Finding them when we're in the Championship will be considerably more difficult.

Strange then, that people argue that the best team we had of the last two premier league seasons was the first one, when we had signed next to no one really and yet that squad was mostly made up of up and coming young talent. 

6 hours ago, chicken said:

Strange then, that people argue that the best team we had of the last two premier league seasons was the first one, when we had signed next to no one really and yet that squad was mostly made up of up and coming young talent. 

Saying that is the best team of the two is like arguing which is best out of diarrhea or the clap.  

8 hours ago, chicken said:

You mean the one that got relegated with 21 points?

I think that proves my point: we failed to sign any Premier League quality players when we were in the Premier League, and we clearly didn't come up with a Premier League standard squad either.

22 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I couldn't disagree more.

Get the players who can get you there. 

Isn't the argument that, largely, we already have those?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NWC said:

Both Mee and Tarkowski are positionally very poor. Coupled with the gargantuan wages they are not the sort of players I would want us to recruit now. 

I  imagine that they would both prefer a Premier league club in any case.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Badger said:

I  imagine that they would both prefer a Premier league club in any case.

David Moyes will be all over these two like a rash.

14 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

was.....

Is currently on zero. 

Pedantically, whatever he was on, he still is until the end of this month 😀

• Haha 1