Terminally Yellow

Summer Transfer & Rumour Thread 2022

Think the Hourihane thing came from a rando Norwich-something on Twitter. Very next tweet was trying to like + retweet something to win some free Fifa points.

Colour me... skeptical on that one.

• Like 1

Just now, Mason 47 said:

Think the Hourihane thing came from a rando Norwich-something on Twitter. Very next tweet was trying to like + retweet something to win some free Fifa points.

Colour me... skeptical on that one.

Haha how to tell everyone your ITK account is just some kid without directly telling them.

29 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Bumping this a little as I’m seeing other threads pop up, but rumours doing the rounds that we’re in for Conor Hourihane, set to be unveiled next week.

No ****ing way, that guy is spent.  Just milked a season at Sheff U, warming his **** on their bench.  Was ****ing useless when he came on, powder puff, weak as ****!  If he comes then Webber has lost it and can **** off rightly.

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

No ****ing way, that guy is spent.  Just milked a season at Sheff U, warming his **** on their bench.  Was ****ing useless when he came on, powder puff, weak as ****!  If he comes then Webber has lost it and can **** off rightly.

I think it's fair to say if he comes in, he'll be well and truly a Smith signing.

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

Don't sit on the fence, do tell us what you really think

2 hours ago, shefcanary said:

We should sign him just for the fact he wouldn’t then be able to score against us next season

Hourihane is one of those who I would have loved for us to sign for years apon years (partly so we could have a midfield that had Hourihane and hoolahan in it) 

Unfortunately I think it's a little too late now... 

2 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/ncfc-canaries-transfer-news-rumours-joe-rothwell-9001844

Joe Rothwell links. Would be a very good signing, IMO. A very good Championship player. 

Always liked the look of him, but can't say I know a great deal about him. At 27 we would be seeing his best years theoretically. Just got 10 assists in 37 starts this season.

Edited by hogesar

Wondered if we might go in for Romaine Sawyers, who is out of contract along with Hourihane .  Wouldn't be surprised to see either as they've both been managed by Dean Smith before.

11 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Wondered if we might go in for Romaine Sawyers, who is out of contract along with Hourihane .  Wouldn't be surprised to see either as they've both been managed by Dean Smith before.

I get the sense Sawyers is seen to be a big case of wasted potential, didn't realise he was 30 already! 

Just now, king canary said:

I get the sense Sawyers is seen to be a big case of wasted potential, didn't realise he was 30 already! 

Good player for Brentford over the years, I believe Dean Smith managed him at Walsall and signed him for the Bees - so it’s a possible.  Hadn’t realised he was so old though. 

On 27/05/2022 at 20:39, cambridgeshire canary said:

Just saw Messi shaking hands with Webber in Nandos saying its always been a dream of his to play for the American yellow and greens 😶

And also to play under such an inspired DoF.

When Cullum went public with his £24m figure supposed boost for the club it was in the summer transfer window, and immediately had a negative effect. At least one deal on the verge of being completed (possibly for Alan Gow) fell through because the agent demanded higher wages for his player.

In vain was he told that the deal had not been done and that £24m didn't exist anyway. Now something similar may happen this time, especially if a deal is done by the time the transfer window opens.

Rothwell sounds like a good free agent. 41 games in the Championship this season with 36 starts (playing the full game in 20). 3 goals and 10 assists

Looking at his stats from past seasons he certainly doesn’t look injury prone. Can also play DM, so would probably be a brilliant replacement for Rupp. Also homegrown

Edited by HazzaJet
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

Sounds like he could be a good free agent. 41 games in the Championship this season with 36 starts (playing the full game in 20). 3 goals and 10 assists

Looking at his stats from past seasons he certainly doesn’t look injury prone. Can also play DM, so would probably be a brilliant replacement for Rupp. Also homegrown

I’m always a bit sceptical of the previous years stats. Remember Andy Hughes’s stats at Reading before joining us a few years ago? And remember Rachica’s stats before he joins and look how they turned out!. Underwhelming player for Norwich. 

1 minute ago, Jersey Canary said:

I’m always a bit sceptical of the previous years stats. Remember Andy Hughes’s stats at Reading before joining us a few years ago? And remember Rachica’s stats before he joins and look how they turned out!. Underwhelming player for Norwich. 

I remember how bad Hughes was but didn’t know he arrived with a good history - was too young to look into new signings in detail then. But then no new signing is guaranteed to pull out the same performance for their new team as they did for their previous team - here’s some examples:

RvW - top scorer in the Portuguese first tier, scores on his PL debut for us but then never scored again all season 

Becchio - good for Leeds, rubbish for us

Lafferty - rubbish for us, great for his country 

Sanchez - great for Arsenal, rubbish for Man Utd

Can’t see us signing Sorinola. Although Aarons is likely to go, we’ve still got Byram, Mumba, Giannoulis, and McCallum. Sorensen and Gibson can even play there if required

58 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

Can’t see us signing Sorinola. Although Aarons is likely to go, we’ve still got Byram, Mumba, Giannoulis, and McCallum. Sorensen and Gibson can even play there if required

They may not have much hope for Mumba, he was dropped at Peterborough after some poor performances 

4 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

They may not have much hope for Mumba, he was dropped at Peterborough after some poor performances 

I spoke to a Posh fan about him and seemed like a case of wrong player for a team in a relegation fight. Exciting going forward but suspect when it came to defending.

I think he'll end up playing an advanced position as opposed to fullback.

16 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

https://www.teamtalk.com/norwich-city/matthew-sorinola-brandon-williams-replacement-blackburn-rovers-reading-swansea-city-exclusive

Matthew Sorinola. I think I've seen this from other sources, but TeamTalk has gone further and described us as "leading" the chase. 

One for the academy? Think we all know Max is leaving but i'm not sure this would be a great replacement.

42 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I spoke to a Posh fan about him and seemed like a case of wrong player for a team in a relegation fight. Exciting going forward but suspect when it came to defending.

To be fair any time Mumba played for us he's looked fantastic as a wingback and Sunderland fans have also spoken very highly saying that despite his young age he always outshined other players on the pitch he seems to have only had problems at Peterborough

2 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Hope so, remember that game against Swansea when he was wing back? Absolutely class

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

One for the academy? Think we all know Max is leaving but i'm not sure this would be a great replacement.

To be fair any time Mumba played for us he's looked fantastic as a wingback and Sunderland fans have also spoken very highly saying that despite his young age he always outshined other players on the pitch he seems to have only had problems at Peterborough

He played a handful of games for Sunderland

I'm surprised there's not been much activity given that the first pre-season game in just four weeks away.

4 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

I thought he was dropped by a change in manager