Terminally Yellow

Summer Transfer & Rumour Thread 2022

Let's get this thread started with a rumour from the Pink Un

Jean-Paul Boetius, 28 year old, out of contract midfielder from Mainz. Seemingly once thought very highly of but has lost his way a bit in recent seasons.

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Jean-Paul Boetius, 28 year old, out of contract midfielder from Mainz. Seemingly once thought very highly of but has lost his way a bit in recent seasons.

Sounds perfect. 😂

• Haha 3

Just now, yellow_belly said:

Sounds perfect. 😂

Forgot to say - he's Dutch. That's a nationality we've had so much luck with recently isn't it? 😂

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Its nice to see a fresh approach with the new season on transfers...

Looks like he's lost his way eating many pork pies 🥧. 

jean-paul-boetius_167328_302-ub-800.png

• Haha 2

He's played 31 games this season for a team that will probably finish about 8th in the Bundesliga. 

18 appearances for the Dutch U21's and a game for the Dutch full national team. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Forgot to say - he's Dutch. That's a nationality we've had so much luck with recently isn't it? 😂

Leroy Fer was pretty good tbf

1 minute ago, yellow_belly said:

It’s a NO from me.

And me. There will be no scran left in the canteen for the rest of our undernourished players FFS. 😉

• Haha 1

Just now, Mengo said:

And me. There will be no scran left in the canteen for the rest of our undernourished players FFS. 😉

Exactly… definitely no scampi if he signs up 😂

He is the wrong type of ‘hungry’ footballer 😂

• Haha 1

The photo they chose made me think he was the player busting a gut in blue shirt - but no its the one looking passive in orange. Perfect fit for us then lol

• Haha 3

In fairness I’d rather us by cheap and under the radar than expensive (for us) with fanfare and then have high expectations for a belly flop to happen. Norwich City transfers is a harsh mistress who I have learned the hard way to pay little to no heed of. 😢

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

There I was thinking we were over signing players who cant cut it in Germany.. Nope not learned our lesson

Can't cut it in Germany!! He's just played 31 out of 32 games for a team sitting in 8th place in the Bundesliga. That's roughly Wolves standard. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Like 3

I feel like papers will often link us to any out of contract Bundesliga player going. Not sure I see this one happening.

34 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Looks like he's lost his way eating many pork pies 🥧. 

jean-paul-boetius_167328_302-ub-800.png

I seem to remember a striker we had not so many years ago who was accused of being overweight. That turned out alright.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

That's the bit that's very, very worrying if true!  

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I seem to remember a striker we had not so many years ago who was accused of being overweight. That turned out alright.

Then again we also had Jan molby...

1 minute ago, cornish sam said:

Then again we also had Jan molby...

And John Hartson.

• Haha 1

Although I’m not usually 100% against signing free agents I think I am with this one. When I first started reading the article I thought he would be a good signing (Dutch international, 28 years old, 31 Bundesliga apps this season) but when I read that he’s managed just 2 goals and 2 assists from 31 games in the Bundesliga this season (and from dylan that he’s earnt only 1 cap for his country) I’m against it now. He might be ok for the Championship but an attacking midfielder/winger who’s managed just 2 goals and 2 assists from 31 games in the Bundesliga would be utterly hopeless in the PL (I know we’re not looking for PL quality but I would like us to sign some players that sound positive in the Championship)

Unless we sort out the shambolic scouting system, then rather we played the kids than spend any more money.

Another rumour back on FB is old 'El Khazi' and Davis from Villa.... suspect nothing to it but if we go down that route it really is curtains.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Leroy Fer was pretty good tbf

Was he?

Edit - Thinking it over, that's a bit unfair. He lacked the consistency to make him great but I think he had his moments.

Edited by Terminally Yellow

19 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

Although I’m not usually 100% against signing free agents I think I am with this one. When I first started reading the article I thought he would be a good signing (Dutch international, 28 years old, 31 Bundesliga apps this season) but when I read that he’s managed just 2 goals and 2 assists from 31 games in the Bundesliga this season (and from dylan that he’s earnt only 1 cap for his country) I’m against it now. He might be ok for the Championship but an attacking midfielder/winger who’s managed just 2 goals and 2 assists from 31 games in the Bundesliga would be utterly hopeless in the PL (I know we’re not looking for PL quality but I would like us to sign some players that sound positive in the Championship)

Only 1 cap for Holland 😂 You do realise we're a Championship club don't you? Trying to sign a player who has played 31 games out of 32 for a team that looks like finishing 8th in the Bundesliga. FFS

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HazzaJet said:

Let's be honest - you'd never heard of him before today. To say your 100% against just because he's "only" got 2 goals and 2 assists is a bit premature.

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Can't cut it in Germany!! He's just played 31 out of 32 games for a team sitting in 8th place in the Bundesliga. That's roughly Wolves standard. 

In which case can’t see why he’d join us? 

Mid table Bundesliga is well above Championship standard and wages.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Exactly, why don't people think before they post?

2 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

John hartson?

1 hour ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Unless we sort out the shambolic scouting system, then rather we played the kids than spend any more money.

So your plan for promotion is not to loan any decent players and now on top of that to play our academy team? I wouldn’t wait for that call from Stuart Webber any time soon.

(Still not having a go at you BTW, just joshing)