Sign in to follow this  

Would either us or Watford have stayed up with Eriksen. Watching Brentford against Man U tonight and he was brilliant, faded in the second half but a class above. The rest were, well, Brentford. They started the season well as lots of newly promoted clubs do. No fear. But they were dropping like a stone until he arrived. I seriously believe he has single handedly kept them up and could and probably would have done the same for us. They will never keep him next season so unless they spend some real money they are my top for relegation. 

No point talking about it as he would never have come here in a million years. Hell, didnt an insider just the other day say we tried to get him and he turned us down right away? After all, the lure of London and his former youth coach managing Brentford was far too big of a pull. We were never going to get him.

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

We were never going to get him.

Not even with the offer of a Delia-cooked heart-healthy meal twice a week?

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

No point talking about it as he would never have come here in a million years. Hell, didnt an insider just the other day say we tried to get him and he turned us down right away? After all, the lure of London and his former youth coach managing Brentford was far too big of a pull. We were never going to get him.

Don’t torture yourselves, our midfield were the worst ever but untouchable for changes. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Don’t torture yourselves, our midfield were the worst ever but untouchable for changes. 

I mean you have a point.. Even if we somehow signed him Mclean would probably get chosen to start over him! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I mean you have a point.. Even if we somehow signed him Mclean would probably get chosen to start over him! 

That’s an absolute given. 

19 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wages - according to Bailey.

25 minutes ago, Canaries north said:

They will never keep him next season so unless they spend some real money they are my top for relegation. 

Brentfords biggest challenge this summer will be replacing him should he go, and that is looking highly likely, and keeping hold of Tony as it often seems like he'd be more than happy with a move away.

To be fair when it comes to  transfers loans etc 

We are light years away from the lure of London for the majority of players

Eriksen?.....Pfft.....

For me? It's Gilmour every time.....

But I don't think Tommy Tuchel seems that keen?......

10 minutes ago, chicken said:

And you know, half of Brentfords team being Danish like Erikson, Brentfords manager being Eriksons old youth coach and you know, the lure of London..

• Like 1

And you know, half of Brentfords team being Danish like Erikson, Brentfords manager being Eriksons old youth coach and you know, the lure of London..

Well, we've got Lungi. 😉

24 minutes ago, chicken said:

Brentfords biggest challenge this summer will be replacing him should he go, and that is looking highly likely, and keeping hold of Tony as it often seems like he'd be more than happy with a move away.

His contract is up in the summer is it not? A bigger club will get him for sure.

4 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Who? 

Our greatest ever defensive midfielder who's not really played there much yet. Left-back, centre-half against Ronaldo.... but not many games in the position we ostensibly bought him in for! 😉

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Who? 

Jacob Lungi Sørensen is a Danish professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for Premier League club Norwich City. Sørensen made his senior league debut for Esbjerg fB on 1 December 2016 in a Danish Superliga match away to Odense. The final score was 1-0 for Esbjerg fB. During his time at the club, he made 117 appearances and scored a total of 8 goals.

On 20 July 2020, Sørensen signed a three-year contract with Norwich City. He made his debut against Brentford as a late replacement for Xavi Quintillà at left back, a position he had never played at before. Sørensen scored his first goal for Norwich in a 2–1 win against Nottingham Forest on 9 December. On 15 July 2021, after Norwich's Championship title winning season in which he made 32 league appearances, Sørensen signed a new contract until June 2024.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Jacob Lungi Sørensen is a Danish professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for Premier League club Norwich

Never. Trust. Wiki. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

His contract is up in the summer is it not? A bigger club will get him for sure.

Yup. Supposedly Spurs... but if not, there'll be plenty of others. 

9 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Well, we've got Lungi. 😉

You seem to mention him every single post. Unfortunately two managers don't think he's worthy of a start despite one of the worst midfields we have in many a season. He'll be gone in the summer, his family want him back in Denmark.

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

You seem to mention him every single post. Unfortunately two managers don't think he's worthy of a start despite one of the worst midfields we have in many a season. He'll be gone in the summer, his family want him back in Denmark.

Sadly I feel that Lungi will go down as the 'Great model pros and decent players but just did not make it for one reason or another' catagory, same as Quintilla. And I still don't care what anyone says Quintilla is a better player than Giannlous 😉

On 02/05/2022 at 22:27, chicken said:

From that same article, Robert Andrich is the real “one that got away”.

would have been an absolute animal for us but we didn’t wanna give him £60k a week so we got Normann in late into the window; a completely different player of type we had already with a questionable injury record.

23 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

How much of that is due to the nature of the loan agreements signed? We definitely know Gilmour's on a deal where the more appearances he makes, the lower the fee. We don't know about Normann, but I doubt we'd have got such a player in (in theory) without a similar guarantee that he'll play a lot of the games when available.

Chuck in that he and Lees-Melou were the central two when we beat Everton and started when we beat Watford (then he unfortunately got injured), and it looked a better unit than anything with McLean in. That Watford game was odd as despite the 3-0 win, we looked worse after he went off injured until Sargent scored the opener against the run of play, and that knocked any resistance out of them.

For me he should get really looked at in pre-season to see if he's the defensive midfielder many fans seem to think we need. I think Farke wanted a Pirlo in front of the defence, not a Tettey (not saying Lungi's a Tettey, but he's more destructive than creative).

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

How much of that is due to the nature of the loan agreements signed? We definitely know Gilmour's on a deal where the more appearances he makes, the lower the fee. We don't know about Normann, but I doubt we'd have got such a player in (in theory) without a similar guarantee that he'll play a lot of the games when available.

Yeah I was talking with mates about Normann as I'm becoming quite incredulous he is still being selected. The scenario we came up with is that there is a financial penalty payable in Rubles if he doesn't play a certain number of games 😀.

By the way I agree with you about Lungi, he should be playing!

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

For me he should get really looked at in pre-season to see if he's the defensive midfielder many fans seem to think we need.

Should be started from now till end of season, the silver lining in the cloud of relegation is that we've got this time available to try out players such as himself and Tzolis in competitive top flight games.

On 03/05/2022 at 08:16, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sadly I feel that Lungi will go down as the 'Great model pros and decent players but just did not make it for one reason or another' catagory, same as Quintilla. And I still don't care what anyone says Quintilla is a better player than Giannlous 😉

I would have liked to see us sign quintilla , don't think he's as good as gianoullis at left back , but left midfield in front of gianoullis , he would have given us creativity .😄

44 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

I would have liked to see us sign quintilla , don't think he's as good as gianoullis at left back , but left midfield in front of gianoullis , he would have given us creativity .😄

Not really any space there, especially with Rashica, Tzolis, Rowe... or maybe the penny even drops with Placheta.

Quintilla didn't really suit the Champs, he was another who lacked the physicality. At least Giannoulis has plenty of pace.