Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Was the away end for the Villa game “sold out”

6 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I was when it was initially discussed - hence my attendance at the initial zoom call. However I couldn't be part of it how I (admittedly)  perceive it to be being ran. 

Maybe in the future though, as I am not adverse to ruffling a few feathers - but not sure my style would suit the OSP.  

Ditto. Anything connected with NCFC is just too softly, softly. What's wrong with calling a spade a spade especially in this earthy part of the country. Besides it is what NCFC needs.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I was when it was initially discussed - hence my attendance at the initial zoom call. However I couldn't be part of it how I (admittedly)  perceive it to be being ran. 

Also, and whilst I accept re-election isn't due for another year, I have some pretty big things in my personal life atm that are using all of my energies (and more tbh) currently, so I wouldn't be able to fully commit, as it would deserve. 

Maybe in the future though, as I am not adverse to ruffling a few feathers - but not sure my style would suit the OSP.  

Well, hopefully you can resolve the stuff going on and get involved. It might be that first hand involvement changes any perceptions or, if you still felt the same way, you would be able to challenge directly. My suspicion is that the current incumbents are feeling their way in an evolving environment and doing their best but I also appreciate that others may not see a rapid enough rate of change. Perhaps your more robust (?) style is what’s required? 

7 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Well, hopefully you can resolve the stuff going on and get involved. It might be that first hand involvement changes any perceptions or, if you still felt the same way, you would be able to challenge directly. My suspicion is that the current incumbents are feeling their way in an evolving environment and doing their best but I also appreciate that others may not see a rapid enough rate of change. Perhaps your more robust (?) style is what’s required? 

Cheers Duncan. 

Let's see what happens. Who knows what the future will hold. The last few months have shown me that. 

Whilst I may not agree with everything they do, Im fully appreciative of the existing members of the OSP and the time and effort they invest. 

9 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

If you don't wish to go over old ground which we have already discussed, why did you once again say that the agenda for meetings is set by the club? Every time you say it publicly, I will call you out on it because it's simply not true. 

Wolfie, Many thanks for your time on these issues. Could I make some follow up summary points to yesterday:

1. Whilst acknowledging that the OSP should be strategic and not overburdened with low level complaints, the Club doesn't appear to have a system in place for support to more involved complaints or clear escalation procedures. Can something be done?

2. The Club has to engage in due diligence in recruiting all employees but they wouldn't go on the pitch with 10 men. Surely they need to provide services to the required standard regardless?

3. The Club's Customer Service risk aversion strategy has been under severe strain for each of the last 2 weekends. Could they acknowledge that and act accordingly?

4. Whilst appreciating that it would be a further burden on your time which is of course given voluntarily, when such points are made in the wake of a meeting would it be possible to follow up with the Club now as action points for the next meeting? In addition can any quick fix remedial actions be identified?

9 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I'm going to take exception to this.  Obviously the minutes are a condensed and edited version of the entire meetings we have, most of which run for a good few hours.  There seems to be an impression that we all meekly bow our heads and tug our forelocks to the club, when actually we do have strong and robust conversations about various aspects of the non-footballing side of the club.  The unfortunate thing is that a lot of this has to be confidential, and therefore regardless of who sits on the panel it won't be talked about in public (unless that panel member wants to find their time in the role cut short).

Edited by ncfcstar

10 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I mentioned Caroline in the context that she left before the the head of supporter services. It was a new post created within that department and she left inside about 3 months and her position has had an empty chair in the office to this day. Where on earth you get the impression you were supposed to know of her employment history i am at a loss to understand ncfcstar. I pointed what i knew out and wolfie said he was unaware of it.As for knowing about the e-mail it was one sent out by the club so it is a mystery why you and wolfie did not receive notification of it as you both state you were unawre of the online consultation. It was open to all fans.

Your first post says 'You also know that Caroline left after only a couple of months in her role and nothing was done about that either.' -  you made the assumption that we knew that she left after only a couple of months, so that's where I get the impression from.

6 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

I'm going to take exception to this.  Obviously the minutes are a condensed and edited version of the entire meetings we have, most of which run for a good few hours.  There seems to be an impression that we all meekly bow our heads and tug our forelocks to the club, when actually we do have strong and robust conversations about various aspects of the non-footballing side of the club.  The unfortunate thing is that a lot of this has to be confidential, and therefore regardless of who sits on the panel it won't be talked about in public (unless that panel member wants to find their time in the role cut short).

Take exception to what?

2 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Take exception to what?

The suggestion in various posts that we aren't challenging the club enough.

35 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

I will await the response to mine.

A further problem is confidentiality v transparency.

MWJ went on record at the 2019 AGM pledging transparency going forwards. Why therefore should there be so much 'confidentiality' in a supporters consultation meeting? Could that question be put to the Club?

Under this arrangement some non-shareholders on the panel are getting superior inside knowledge to shareholders. Is that appropriate from a Corporate Governance perspective?

Edited by essex canary

4 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

The suggestion in various posts that we aren't challenging the club enough.

I haven’t said anything of the sort.

5 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I haven’t said anything of the sort.

Maybe not, but the suggestion was there that a few feathers perhaps need to be ruffled, whereas I would be confident in saying that there are critical voices on the panel and the club do take the time to listen to us.

21 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

Your first post says 'You also know that Caroline left after only a couple of months in her role and nothing was done about that either.' -  you made the assumption that we knew that she left after only a couple of months, so that's where I get the impression from.

That sentence was intended as a question so apologies for the lack of a question mark at the end . No intention to suggest you should have known in that post you quoted but then again i did which begs the question why those working closely with her in those early days of the OSP did not know her background at Norwich City to any degree.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

Maybe not, but the suggestion was there that a few feathers perhaps need to be ruffled, whereas I would be confident in saying that there are critical voices on the panel and the club do take the time to listen to us.

This time round it did come across that the Panel made some very good challenges. As for the Club it depends what emphasis is placed on the word 'listen' but that has always been the case before the OSP.  Listening ought to be followed by clear answers or in some cases at least, real change. How can the Chairperson less model be capable of real change?

Edited by essex canary

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

That sentence was intended as a question so apologies for the lack of a question mark at the end . No intention to suggest you should have known in that post you quoted but then again i did which begs the question why those working closely with her in those early days of the OSP did not know her background at Norwich City to any degree.

I appreciate the clarification.  I think that's a fair point, but as you say the OSP was also in it's early days and whilst Caroline was chairing it for the club that was with the support of Lynette and it was made very clear that it was Lynette who had pushed this through with the club.  She then took on the panel in full before she left, and as you will see from the minutes the panel is now chaired by a member of the Exec Team with the support of Zoe Ward.

5 minutes ago, essex canary said:

This time round it did come across that the Panel made some very good challenges. As for the Club it depends what emphasis is placed on the word 'listen' but that has always been the case before the OSP.  Listening ought to be followed by clear answers or in some cases at least, real change. 

Agreed, and I'm sure every single member of the panel hope that positive change comes from our time 'in office'.

Just now, ncfcstar said:

Agreed, and I'm sure every single member of the panel hope that positive change comes from our time 'in office'.

Thanks. I added a further edit  'can the Club's Chairperson less model be capable of delivering real change? 

1 minute ago, ncfcstar said:

Their (your?) efforts are much appreciated. Whilst I suspect that you probably already know that some will never be satisfied, a quieter majority are grateful for your efforts.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

I was quite clear about my perception and even suggested that if Greavsy had first hand experience that he might change his. 

10 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I was quite clear about my perception and even suggested that if Greavsy had first hand experience that he might change his. 

Fair enough, apologies if I misconstrued your post.  That being said, my point still stands to the wider audience.

Re the apathy in the fanbase, some good news is just this morning on Twitter i've seen 5 or 6 people who have just got season tickets, three of them for the first time in over 10 years.

12 hours ago, Greavsy said:

As ive said before - and in this previous post - lets agree to disagree. Still not after a **** for tat conversation, You are entitled to your opinion and to defend that- as am I. 

As I have said before Matt, I respect you and your fellow OSP members, all giving their time freely, for the good of the club and the larger benefit of the supporters.  

would it be possible to see, or even for people on the various platforms to comment on the agenda before future meetings? Obviously some items cannot be publicised I understand that.  

Ive has a little chuckle reading that thread back, and hope we can continue to do that. 

Not sure if you, or other panel members have seen this suggestion from Diane, re the sharing of future minutes when published? 

Always happy to discuss, always comfortable with differences of opinion. We're all NCFC fans at the end of the day, which is a fantastic thing to have in common.

Cheers for the heads-up on @Diane 's post, I'll look at that shortly.

13 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Has to be somebody's fault  , there's a witch hunt on Wolfo.  Someone expects  a sizeable crowd of unhappy shouty boys outside the ground on Saturday.   Scary stuff. 

Them expected an' sizeable unhappy 'shouty boys' are gonna sound pretty damn hoarse then, as the game is on Sunday and kicks off at 14.00/2.00pm.....

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Re the apathy in the fanbase, some good news is just this morning on Twitter i've seen 5 or 6 people who have just got season tickets, three of them for the first time in over 10 years.

Were any of them arranging a protest? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Were any of them arranging a protest? 

Wonder if the famous Col will make an appearance? I intend to go and find out, see what all his threats to me are about (I couldn't really work out what he was saying, speaking / writing / reading aren't his primary talents). 🙂

2 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Them expected an' sizeable unhappy 'shouty boys' are gonna sound pretty damn hoarse then, as the game is on Sunday and kicks off at 14.00/2.00pm.....

Yep realised that after posting  but hey ho, wont  lose any sleep over it. Nor will anyone inside CR  id have thought. 

Be interesting to see if that's as far as       ' action' goes , cos if it is , nothing will change .