Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Was the away end for the Villa game “sold out”

9 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Surely you are not telling me that the need to replace may not apply to Head of Supporter Services ? You claim also to have brought this up on ' numerous occassions ' yet as far as i am aware there have only been two meetings.

There have been four meetings to date, and the last three have full minutes here: https://www.canaries.co.uk/club/supporter-panel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

What Zoom meeting was this? If she did introduce herself as being new to the role then obviously it's an oversight on my part. I'm sure she'd been at the club for a while at that point, though? Maybe that's where I'm getting confused, and she was new to the role she was in but not new to the club? Either way, not hugely important.

But you are are aware Wolfo , that if theres a hair that needs splitting, theres no shortage of willing  volunteers. ... 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Just tell me who exactly is running supporter services/ engagement in recent times also. When Ben left an awful lot of goodwill from within the club went out of the door with him shef.

Tilly I see these two jobs are inside carrow road . What do these titles do?

Engagment and Delivery Manager

Engagement and Delivery Coordinator

The E and D Manager could be very busy as She is also a Trustee for (The Summit foundation, ).

--‐--

OK I've searched the job description. 

Engagement managers are responsible for creating and maintaining lasting customer relationships by acting as the primary point of contact between the business and its customers. Their role is to provide quality customer service, ensure contract terms and conditions are met, and to allocate the proper resources to solve complaints and issues.

Edited by Mengo

21 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Surely you are not telling me that the need to replace may not apply to Head of Supporter Services ? You claim also to have brought this up on ' numerous occassions ' yet as far as i am aware there have only been two meetings.

I am saying it completely depends on what the job description entailed.

The concerns around customer services have been raised in pretty much every meeting since our initial kick off last summer.

Id also like to raise the point that the points being raised should be raised as points in the next OSP  point raising session with the Club. I would also like to know how the OSP can raise the aforementoined points if in fact these points have not hitherto been raised.

Wolfos good but he's  not psychic.... maybe he is , ill raise that point sometime .

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

This is a good point, well made. Let's hope you're right and someone at the club is taking the temperature of fan feelings... certainly looked like a sorry display of support at Villa on Saturday.

It was a very good point from Shef.

I hope Panel members listened to Canary Call following Saturdays game available on the iplayer in particular the call from Andy on 40 minutes. 

The point being that the likes of Neil Doncaster and more recently Ben Kensell have been hands on and taken responsibility themselves rather than continually siting recruitment issues with £40 k per annum positions. A belief that Zoe should do likewise.

• Like 1

Well this is a turn up! Getting back to the good old days of Doomcaster pressing the flesh on the corner!

Redemption for Roeder must be next! 😉😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

What Zoom meeting was this? If she did introduce herself as being new to the role then obviously it's an oversight on my part. I'm sure she'd been at the club for a while at that point, though? Maybe that's where I'm getting confused, and she was new to the role she was in but not new to the club? Either way, not hugely important.

https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/over-250-supporters-attend-online-fan-consultation-evening

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Smith saying he sees no "apathy" when we can't even sell more than 1200 tickets for Villa (a) on a saturday is a bit contradictory

I think you have to take what people say with a little bit more salt, Jim.

Smith is no more likely to say that he thinks that Norwich fans are "apathetic" then he is to admit we were relegated weeks ago.

He would have been slaughtered if he had!

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

It was a very good point from Shef.

I hope Panel members listened to Canary Call following Saturdays game available on the iplayer in particular the call from Andy on 40 minutes. 

The point being that the likes of Neil Doncaster and more recently Ben Kensell have been hands on and taken responsibility themselves rather than continually siting recruitment issues with £40 k per annum positions. A belief that Zoe should do likewise.

Doncaster in particular was mercilessly criticised on here: I can't believe he did anything right 🤯

1 hour ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Well this is a turn up! Getting back to the good old days of Doomcaster pressing the flesh on the corner!

Redemption for Roeder must be next! 😉😂

It appears from the Accounts that Doncaster got paid £185k in his last year plus  £95k for loss of office. Figures for Moxey were £417k probably for less than a year plus £712k for loss of office. Who knows how much Ward gets paid? Be interested to know whether you think it is value for supporters money for squeezing in a few management textbook quotes in between setting up a charity, looking after a young family, helping with the prep for mountaineering expeditions etc.

Not sure that I am over fond of any of them but Neil did some things well over a long period of time.

3 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Do we really have to go through this again?

Nope - as have said we can agree to disagree, but the facts seem to suggest otherwise to me anyways. 

3 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Having looking through my emails - this could have been the invite. 

image.png.849bcae133bc05b79760a0eb92d205bf.png

6 minutes ago, Badger said:

Doncaster in particular was mercilessly criticised on here: I can't believe he did anything right 🤯

Same question to you as Duncan above.

Neil was rather dour and perhaps couldn't pick football managers. He was though very meticulous in a typical lawyers way. He also had excellent support from Chairman Roger Munby and perhaps the Clubs best admin employee this century in Andy Cullen who is now Portsmouth CEO. Surely this is light years better than our current set up?

4 minutes ago, essex canary said:

the Clubs best admin employee this century in Andy Cullen who is now Portsmouth CEO. Surely this is light years better than our current set up?

Agree with you here, really kick started the growth in support.  I wondered where he ended up, interesting he now works for an ex-Disney man!

25 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Nope - as have said we can agree to disagree, but the facts seem to suggest otherwise to me anyways. 

For clarity this was just kicking off the process for creating the panel, the voting and formation of the panel took place after this event.  I didn't attend this meeting, and at this point none of us were members.

27 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

'The facts' included me personally assuring you that the agendas for the meeting were created collaboratively between the club and the panel on numerous occasions. By still suggesting to the contrary, you're essentially saying that I'm lying to you. 

Thanks for digging out the email, it's definitely the same event that Tilly was referring to... although as ncfcstar said, this meeting was before anyone had even applied to become a member of the panel.

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

'The facts' included me personally assuring you that the agendas for the meeting were created collaboratively between the club and the panel on numerous occasions. By still suggesting to the contrary, you're essentially saying that I'm lying to you. 

Thanks for digging out the email, it's definitely the same event that Tilly was referring to... although as ncfcstar said, this meeting was before anyone had even applied to become a member of the panel.

Has to be somebody's fault  , there's a witch hunt on Wolfo.  Someone expects  a sizeable crowd of unhappy shouty boys outside the ground on Saturday.   Scary stuff. 

13 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

For clarity this was just kicking off the process for creating the panel, the voting and formation of the panel took place after this event.  I didn't attend this meeting, and at this point none of us were members.

Yes, the email clearly states the launch of the OSP, not sure why that needed clarifying. 

8 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I admire your defence of the OSP, and certainly don't wish to go over old ground which we have already discussed. As I said we can agree to disagree. 

From the initial meeting (the one the email / Tilly's link refer to), which both you and ncfcstar confirmed neither of you attended, I expected the OSP to be more challenging of the club. I agree these things take time to evolve and I hope this happens more in the future. 

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Yes, the email clearly states the launch of the OSP, not sure why that needed clarifying. 

Because when it was originally brought up it seemed to be suggested that we should all have been aware of this meeting and ergo the start Caroline's employment with the club.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

I admire your defence of the OSP, and certainly don't wish to go over old ground which we have already discussed. As I said we can agree to disagree. 

From the initial meeting (the one the email / Tilly's link refer to), which both you and ncfcstar confirmed neither of you attended, I expected the OSP to be more challenging of the club. I agree these things take time to evolve and I hope this happens more in the future. 

If you don't wish to go over old ground which we have already discussed, why did you once again say that the agenda for meetings is set by the club? Every time you say it publicly, I will call you out on it because it's simply not true. 

26 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Has to be somebody's fault  , there's a witch hunt on Wolfo.  Someone expects  a sizeable crowd of unhappy shouty boys outside the ground on Saturday.   Scary stuff. 

This is now the 3rd stupid post you have made on this thread which has added absolutely nothing to a discussion that has been taking place so maybe you could enlighten us all as to what you are attempting to achieve ?

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

This is now the 3rd stupid post you have made on this thread which has added absolutely nothing to a discussion that has been taking place so maybe you could enlighten us all as to what you are attempting to achieve ?

If you have to ask you'll  never know.

45 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

Because when it was originally brought up it seemed to be suggested that we should all have been aware of this meeting and ergo the start Caroline's employment with the club.

I mentioned Caroline in the context that she left before the the head of supporter services. It was a new post created within that department and she left inside about 3 months and her position has had an empty chair in the office to this day. Where on earth you get the impression you were supposed to know of her employment history i am at a loss to understand ncfcstar. I pointed what i knew out and wolfie said he was unaware of it.As for knowing about the e-mail it was one sent out by the club so it is a mystery why you and wolfie did not receive notification of it as you both state you were unawre of the online consultation. It was open to all fans.

Edited by TIL 1010

6 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

If you have to ask you'll  never know.

Make that 4 posts and if this is another pathetic attempt to be humorous it is a massive fail.

If an employee has left within 3 months of joining, as customers we have no idea or rights in relation to understanding the reasons or any fault equation between the employer and employee. We should still expect the service to be done to the same standard without any excuses being made by the employer.

30 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

If you don't wish to go over old ground which we have already discussed, why did you once again say that the agenda for meetings is set by the club? Every time you say it publicly, I will call you out on it because it's simply not true. 

As ive said before - and in this previous post - lets agree to disagree. Still not after a **** for tat conversation, You are entitled to your opinion and to defend that- as am I. 

As I have said before Matt, I respect you and your fellow OSP members, all giving their time freely, for the good of the club and the larger benefit of the supporters.  

would it be possible to see, or even for people on the various platforms to comment on the agenda before future meetings? Obviously some items cannot be publicised I understand that.  

Ive has a little chuckle reading that thread back, and hope we can continue to do that. 

Not sure if you, or other panel members have seen this suggestion from Diane, re the sharing of future minutes when published? 

You’re clearly passionate about this Greavsy, full respect to you for that. Perhaps the panel could do with someone like you on it? Would you be tempted? 

3 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

You’re clearly passionate about this Greavsy, full respect to you for that. Perhaps the panel could do with someone like you on it? Would you be tempted? 

I was when it was initially discussed - hence my attendance at the initial zoom call. However I couldn't be part of it how I (admittedly)  perceive it to be being ran. 

Also, and whilst I accept re-election isn't due for another year, I have some pretty big things in my personal life atm that are using all of my energies (and more tbh) currently, so I wouldn't be able to fully commit, as it would deserve. 

Maybe in the future though, as I am not adverse to ruffling a few feathers - but not sure my style would suit the OSP.