Sign in to follow this  
Chichcan

Cantwell coming back

3 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Petriix yet again talking the most sense in a thread. The change in system killed Todd's game as we were clearly going for pacy get in behind wingers, which Todd isn't. The 433 was a disaster and I can't help but think 4231 with Farke in charge all year might have given us the best of Todd and a better chance of staying up. That or we get a load of brick sugar houses in and punt it long.

I made a comment at the start of the year that for us to stay up, Todd had to have a good season and if he didn't we had no chance. Unfortunately he didn't.

I think it is burying your head in the sand a bit to suggest his attitude/personality hasn't contributed to the fall from grace. I do agree the change in system didn't really set him up for success but it is pretty clear he has rubbed a not insignificant number of people up the wrong way. He had a fantastic chance to show his doubters wrong when Smith came in and he totally flopped.

Saying that I do agree with @Petriix to an extent that the vitriol towards an academy grad has been very OTT.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I can’t agree when you are now talking 3 managers who aren’t even putting him on the pitch.

Whatever the problem with Todd is, it’s not specific to either the tactics or management of one manager - if Farke thought that 4231 would get the best out of Todd he would have played it. The fact he missed so much training and looked like he wasn’t fit enough when he did get a chance said it all. Even the players out with long term injuries have looked fitter when coming back. 

I like Todd, I think he is a good player, but 3 wasted opportunities with new managers show that it’s clearly a problem with him rather than the club or a specific person. We need to stop ignoring the obvious to excuse him.

Nail . Head. 

• Thanks 1

Why, oh why does the 'media' and us as fans INSIST on keeping talking about this guy!!.

Even when shipped out to Bournemouth we were deluged with 'updates on Todd's progress' and 'how he's settling in'. I very much doubt Smith will entertain the idea of inviting him back to the squad. If he does that will be an immense gamble and one I would take only if I was 100% convinced of a complete change of attitude from him. Anything short of that and we should dispense with him ASAP. 

10 minutes ago, king canary said:

the vitriol towards an academy grad has been very OTT.

The fact he is an academy grad is irrelevant. 

He should not get more negativity because of that status, but he is also is not immune from any because of that status either. He is a 24 year old professional footballer, doing that job that less that 1% of the population can succeed in, and he appears to be throwing away his many chances, and cannot see it. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Why, oh why does the 'media' and us as fans INSIST on keeping talking about this guy!!.

I'm of the opinion that Todd is very purposeful with his image/ social media usage, always has been. It keeps him part of the discussion even when he isn't playing.

I'd absolutely have a firing Todd back in the right system but I think that ship has sailed. He's got lower-level Ravel Morrison written all over him now.

i Really do not understand these people who use twitter like Todd i don't think his skin is thick enough for negative comments 

he said it has been really hard off the pitch then he keeps posting rubbish 

that invites some Negative comments and some quite nasty why oh why would you put yourself in the firing line 

Reminds me of a Kardashian !! 

35 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

This is rather embarrassing 

Indeed. "3 in 3 attempts personally".  FFS, is he inviting ****e? 

28 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Indeed. "3 in 3 attempts personally".  FFS, is he inviting ****e? 

I think it is telling, he focuses on himself, his goals, his achievements, his stats. It’s a team game, you win as a team. You lose, learn, grow as a team. Everything is individual to him.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Todd will be playing football in Glasgow next season. Fee of around £4m - £5m.

Partick can’t afford that.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

This is rather embarrassing 

Anyone that has suggested his character being described as arrogant is based on nothing simply HAS to concede that this post is absolutely egotism at its most sickening. In one tweet he firstly claims he was part of the target of the club having not been there when it was set, somehow suggests he has got another promotion for his cv based on what contribution? And then insinuates he is tough. I’m sorry to say that the only thing tough about him is his genuine unconscious arrogance. 
I’m not bashing him because he is home grown, I’m not bashing him because of rumours and hearsay, I’m bashing him because he spouts such utter bo**ocks on a forum he knows is in the public eye to feed his ego and clearly nobody around him has the decency to tell him he sounds like a total f***ing C**kwomble. 
I’m doing him a great service. You’re welcome Todd 

• Like 2

Just some stats from this promotion winning season of his. What soccerbot doesn’t tell you 😂

Bournemouth season contribution = 18.7% of total playing time

0 goals 

0 assists 

3 x full 90 mins played from possible 18 games 

2 x yellow cards

Norwich season contribution = 12.5% of total playing time

0 goals 

0 assists 

2 x full 90 minutes played

2x yellow cards

Overwhelming stuff. Can’t wait for him to rip up the league next year with this pedigree. 

10 hours ago, Greavsy said:

image.png.bc273877ade10657fd7bcbdb662986d8.png

But in the interest of balance...............
image.png.d8c785510476d93496fe8ede143aaab7.png

In fairness we’ve heard from every Bournemouth ST holder there🤔

• Haha 1