Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Farke to Blackburn?

Football league world is such an awful clickbait site (Trust me I know all about clickbait) but would be quite an interesting move for him.. Although I never would want to see us playing against him

Just now, astro said:

I would think this will be Sean Dyche’s next role. 

Yea coz an ex-Burnley manager is going to be welcomed with open arms

• Like 2

It makes me quite annoyed to think we might have to play another club in the same league as us with DF as their coach.  A tad ridiculous even. We had the best manager to get us playing good football in the championship and who clearly bought into everything about us. He was ours and we let him go and give him a club with more resources and he will show what we are missing.

Should have stuck with him, we had him on a four year contract and we threw him away for nothing. 

• Like 3

Farke was effectively shafted twice by Norwich in the Premier League.

I would be amazed if every club in the championship would not be interested in him. Three seasons in the championship in 2 championship titles whilst running a negative transfer spend and playing football from the gods.

Edited by Ulfotto
  • Like 6

59 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

Yeah but.............Lambert was going to be the new Messiah somewhere fairly close by wasn't he ? 🤗

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Should have stuck with him, we had him on a four year contract and we threw him away for nothing. 

Whilst I agree with you LDC - they threw it away for a perceived 'best chance of survival' as appears to be working at Burnley. 

Had it of worked it would have been seen as inspired, but with hindsight, it didn't. unfortunately 

Yet we were repeatedly told by many Farke disciples on here that he was destined to be a 'top Champions League manager when he left us'!! Been linked with Stoke, Burnley, Sunderland and now Blackburn. Perhaps that should tell you something?

6 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Whilst I agree with you LDC - they threw it away for a perceived 'best chance of survival' as appears to be working at Burnley. 

Had it of worked it would have been seen as inspired, but with hindsight, it didn't. unfortunately 

How can we be sure that Farke wouldn't have turned it around? All we can be sure of is that Smith could not.

29 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Yet we were repeatedly told by many Farke disciples on here that he was destined to be a 'top Champions League manager when he left us'!! Been linked with Stoke, Burnley, Sunderland and now Blackburn. Perhaps that should tell you something?

Farke has plenty of time to prove he can cut it at the top level with a club that has the resources to match the way he wants to play. If he goes to a club with those large resources, he will almost certainly do well. The main problem with us was we didn't have the money to get him what he needed.

45 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

Farke was effectively shafted twice by Norwich in the Premier League.

I would be amazed if every club in the championship would not be interested in him. Three seasons in the championship in 2 championship titles whilst running a negative transfer spend and playing football from the gods.

Every club in the championship will also know that if they get promoted they’ll have to sack him in order to stay in the Premier League.

35 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

That he's bloody grand at getting teams out of the Champs. Not to mention he was offered the Fenerbahce job before settling for Krasnodar.

Turkish reports state Farke turns down Fenerbahce advances | The Pink Un

36 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

I think people said he had potential to manage in Europe and in the Champions League, and when we sacked him he signed for a club playing in the Champions League....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Farke has plenty of time to prove he can cut it at the top level with a club that has the resources to match the way he wants to play. If he goes to a club with those large resources, he will almost certainly do well. The main problem with us was we didn't have the money to get him what he needed.

Ldc on the Delia out train? Who'd have thunk it.

1 hour ago, Daz Sparks said:

How can we be sure that Farke wouldn't have turned it around? All we can be sure of is that Smith could not.

We can’t be sure that the sun will come up tomorrow morning, but I think we all know what will happen.

How much longer would it have taken to acknowledge that Farke was never going to be able to get us to stay up?

57 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Every club in the championship will also know that if they get promoted they’ll have to sack him in order to stay in the Premier League.

Yeah, like we did...

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

Not if they have money to buy the players he needs.  Anyone who has followed us closely under Farke will know his style of football would work at the highest level if the players were good enough. 

4 hours ago, Don’t be Krul said:

It’s hardly ‘old firm’ level is it? Plenty of managers have managed rivals. I think he’d be a good fit there to be honest, and they could do much worse. 

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Not if they have money to buy the players he needs.  Anyone who has followed us closely under Farke will know his style of football would work at the highest level if the players were good enough. 

To be fair, if you were to give most half decent managers the budget of Man City, they'd probably do quite well, Farke included.

I'm sure the vast majority of fans are gutted that it didn't work out for Farke, even the ones calling for his head at the end, but rightly or wrongly he's gone.

It's time for us to move on, and wish him well, just not too well if he's managing back in England.

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I doubt that there’s a team in the Championship that would buy the players he needs. Continually trying to pass it out from the back against teams like Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea means that you need players that you can only afford if you’re Liverpool, Man City or Chelsea. He can’t play any other way successfully.