Parma Ham's gone mouldy

Would you want Sir Jim Ratcliffe as owner of Norwich City?

3 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Classy.

She’s already said she’ll never sell and Is leaving it to nephew Tom or what ever his name is. If the clubs going to be sold it will be by him to pay for his inheritance tax as an indirect descendent that threshold is £350k and their share of the club must be worth probably £70’000’000 or so now. Not sure how anyone would be able to pay a tax bill or £30’000’000 or so. 

16 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Yeah I remember after our glorious Sunday Victory over Man City I went into the Bell after.....and lo an' behold Dunc an' his chums were in there upstairs celebrating....So yes you are correct....

Did you pull up a chair and join them? 

2 hours ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

She’s already said she’ll never sell and Is leaving it to nephew Tom or what ever his name is. If the clubs going to be sold it will be by him to pay for his inheritance tax as an indirect descendent that threshold is £350k and their share of the club must be worth probably £70’000’000 or so now. Not sure how anyone would be able to pay a tax bill or £30’000’000 or so. 

It'll be left in a trust. Inheritance tax is largely optional if you are organised.

39 minutes ago, Badger said:

It'll be left in a trust. Inheritance tax is largely optional if you are organised.

What! Where’s the morals in that, as others have indicated pay your taxes! 😂👍💛💚

Edited by Indy

8 minutes ago, Indy said:

Absolutely, Indy. By the way we still need to arrange a zoom meeting so we can go through the legal niceties of that Cayman Islands shell company and associated trust fund you want me to set up for you...🤓

11 minutes ago, Indy said:

I pay all compulsory taxes. The govt deliberately leaves all sorts of loopholes and allowances for those that prefer not to pay as much tax, so obviously I use them as they seem to believe they are good for the economy.

I vote against the allowances, but lose every time. However, obviously as a democrat I bow to the wisdom of the people.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Absolutely, Indy. By the way we still need to arrange a zoom meeting so we can go through the legal niceties of that Cayman Islands shell company and associated trust fund you want me to set up for you...🤓

I’m married to a former financial director of a very large local company and she’s my companies accountant, I’m well set up, but thanks for the offer Purple 😉👍💛💚

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Did you pull up a chair and join them? 

Nah, but I thought about leaving a stool.....

Imagine the scenario if 'Sir Jim' was invited to Carrow Road for discussions and he was riding a camel?.....

Would Wynny get the hump?..... 

52 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

Why not, at least he is British.

Yes , he loves  his country so much that he was pro brexit and moved his money elsewhere, why? To make money from Brexit, that's why.   

Being British doesnt really say much about the man   does it?. 

• Like 1

Another Tax dodging, Tory donating, Brexit loving, UK hating scumbag...no thanks. Let him buy Monaco the parasitic ***.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rumours are that after failing to buy Chelsea (a team he doesn't support) he's going to buy Man Utd. (a team he does support).

Talks with the Glazers are at an advanced stage.

24 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Rumours are that after failing to buy Chelsea (a team he doesn't support) he's going to buy Man Utd. (a team he does support).

Perhaps some of our Delia Out leaders should contact him and point him our way? Sounds like he might not be the type to be frightened of Delia?

Has Sir James Dyson shown a scintilla of interest in the game of football?

Born locally, surely he could waste some of his hard-earned cash purchasing NCFC?

Even if he wasn’t overly interested in football, he could have the Carrow Road pitch dug up and replaced by plastic. This could be regularly swept by a fleet of Dysons by under-performing squad members -  filmed and used for advertising. Incentivising players to improve, and showing the public that even over-paid footballers can use a Dyson.

Win win.

On 02/05/2022 at 13:59, Badger said:

Wealthy enough to be appropriately organised..

On 01/05/2022 at 16:07, Graham Paddons Beard said:

This simply cannot be true Parma. For too many intellectual heavyweights will tell you that “investors” only want an immediate return and or want to leverage the clubs cash

Of course ,it could be argued that very wealthy individuals that have already made significant sums “invest” for many other reasons . The global appeal of the Premier League appears lost on many . And the promised land , with it’s potential future broadcasting platforms , is of no interest . 

A very good post 👍

This thread is worth another read in context of todays news …

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

5 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

This thread is worth another read in context of todays news …

Parma Ham's gone mouldy     859

Posted May 1

On 01/05/2022 at 16:07,  Graham Paddons Beardsaid: 

This simply cannot be true Parma. For too many intellectual heavyweights will tell you that “investors” only want an immediate return and or want to leverage the clubs cash in order to finance the exit strategy of the incumbent . I’ve even seen it backed up because THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HAS HAPPENED AT BURNLEY . 

Of course ,it could be argued that very wealthy individuals that have already made significant sums “invest” for many other reasons . As we have just seen at Newcastle , and across the NFL. The global appeal of the Premier League appears lost on many . And the promised land , with it’s potential future broadcasting platforms , is of no interest . 

A very good post 

—————————

Parma Ham’s gone mouldy said:

For those interested - and rightly or wrongly - they compare value-cost-leverage against American Football-Baseball-Ice Hockey Franchises. There is a particular focus on dollars-per-consumer value, for which the common current ‘golden rule’ is $3. 

Premier League Football Clubs still do not commercially leverage their social media reach and data to the same levels as American Sport. Equally the Global penetration that major Sports Clubs enjoy can be leveraged far beyond their own sports and the products that have typically been associated with them. 

It is also worth remembering that even fairly modest single-digit growth in the American single market alone can generate significant opportunities. It is wise not to limit thoughts of ‘value’ to typically British-minded optics.

Parma 

Edited May 1 by Parma Ham's gone mouldy

—————————————————

Parma 

On 11/05/2022 at 14:26, unique said:

Has Sir James Dyson shown a scintilla of interest in the game of football?

Born locally, surely he could waste some of his hard-earned cash purchasing NCFC?

Even if he wasn’t overly interested in football, he could have the Carrow Road pitch dug up and replaced by plastic. This could be regularly swept by a fleet of Dysons by under-performing squad members -  filmed and used for advertising. Incentivising players to improve, and showing the public that even over-paid footballers can use a Dyson.

Win win.

Dyson pumped money into Gresham’s to give those wealthy enough to afford to go there an extra foot up the ladder if they wished to move into engineering. I don’t know how they would’ve managed without him 😂😂😂 

• Like 1

On 01/05/2022 at 15:42, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

A simple question. You are trustees of Norwich City. 

Sir Jim Ratcliffe recently made a belated £4.25bn total bid for Chelsea. The £2.5bn asking price requested by Corporate Finance sellers the Raine Group, plus a further promised £1.75bn for Stadium upgrade and player investment. 

Sir Jim Ratcliffe is a Manchester United fan. It is a little eyebrow-raising that he made his bid - after visiting the Chelsea training ground with a view to making an offer a few years ago - after the stated deadline. It might be a ‘stalking horse’ type bid to awaken interest in his first love Manchester United and to seed further unrest there. 

Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s Ineos Chemicals Group recently took over the Sky Cycling Team and Sir Ben Ainslie’s America’s Cup Yachting Team. Investment is strong and consistent. Plans are at least mid-term. He has stated his open desire to invest in British businesses, British sport and British ownership. 

Despite some thoughts to the contrary, American investors and Sports Franchise owners still see considerable scope for growth in leveraging Premier League Football club brands. The money is unlikely to fall out of the market any time soon it would appear. 

So would he be suitable for you? Wealthy, British and with a love of football and sport. A huge desire to win, plus a successful business that likes to associate with high level sporting success. 

Does he fit your criteria for a suitable owner for Norwich City?

Parma 

Nope. Why would anybody?

38 minutes ago, Bucks said:

Nope. Why would anybody?

100% why stick with a declining club due to lack of investment. 

Lets try and reach our potential ala Leicester...

On 11/05/2022 at 12:20, A Load of Squit said:

Could be right

Though it might be a minority stake, initially 

If he wants to own Man U instead of half of Iceland, that would be great 🙂

On 01/05/2022 at 15:58, TheGunnShow said:

With @Son Ova Gunn on this one, I'm not a fan of tax-evading UK billionaires in the slightest, but I suppose if he were to invest hard in our club, he is paying it back differently.

I strongly suspect that he's a tax avoider, rather than 'evader', not a huge amount of difference between the two but the former is legal.

I'm guessing the reason so many owners still want to get involved with football despite it not being an obvious way to make a lot of money now is that they're looking to the future with streaming and VR experiences and how they can tap into the gigantic global market. 

While there is no money to be made from investing in us now with our revenue being purely from local fans and TV money,  if we managed to get an investor who in the short term put 30 or 40 million into the club alongside what we already get in revenue to get us up and stabilize us in the PL (Would require extremely good use of the money I admit) they could then earn that back in the future if we're earning a million a match day from our global fanbase paying £30 ish a ticket to watch the match virtually independent of what we'd get from other revenue streams. The TV money and local fans would fund the club, the owners could then use the global revenues for profit. I'm just throwing out completely random numbers here but that's why a lot of American investors are looking to get involved so they can better extract revenue from football's global fanbase. If we went up and stayed up we'd attract more fans across the globe and by signing more players from America, Africa and Asia fans over there tend to follow players over teams and would want to watch us play if we have USA or South Korean international in our team for example. There is still a lot of money to be made from football if we're looking at future technologies so the whole idea that no one would want to invest into us because they'd just be throwing away money is not true. It would be a huge gamble sure, but there's a reason why people keep investing into owning clubs. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

On 01/05/2022 at 15:59, PurpleCanary said:

It would entirely depend what his business, footballing and community plan was. Just for one example, would he be prepared to go as far or even beyond the Crouch Report proposals, especially on fan participation in the running of the club. Merely being rather rich doesn't take his case very far.

Has our current ownership indicated that they are willing to go as far or beyond the Crouch Report proposals?