Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Wal

The two players who hold the key next season

Make no mistake we have missed Big Andy Omobamidele and Adam Idah this season.

If they both get back to full fitness they will be like two, very important, new signings.

Big Andy had given us some excellent displays and showed that he has a great future and Adam began to show the form that we all hoped he would being used by Dean Smith differently to the way he had previously been used.

Everybody seems to be pessimistic about next season but we have here two players who will be extremely important to us and could have a massive impact on our season.

Let's hope they get back to full fitness early.

Was anyone at the shareholders meeting about 3 years ago when Webber made a throwaway comment about the biggest ever Norwich City sale? He said none of us had seen him play so perhaps he was referring to Andrew. I think he's the Special One 

But Adam Idah with Smith as manager will probably tear a whole in the Championship 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

Shall we all fawn over Johnny Rowe as well?

How have we missed 2 fringe players? Hilarious stuff. I will concede that Idah had just started making a case for his worth but Omobamidele is still down the pecking order.

I'm really worried about the fitness of both of them tbh. If anyone has some positive news on their progress I'd like to hear it!

More Adam Idah nonsense. He barely played this season and when he did had 1 or 2 good games, how have we missed him?

Same with Omobamidele - neither would have made a single bit of difference to the outcome of this season. If we are going into next season hoping they are going to carry us in the Championship then we're in trouble.

• Like 1

Omobamidele and Idah may turn out to be crucial for us next season, but I can't help but feel there's a need to find a saviour here. I do it myself, thinking perhaps Tzolis could really be a wonderkid or we would suddenly find a new Skipp if only Sorensen got a fair crack of the whip.

I tend to think the reality will be more prosaic. Keeping Pukki and Hanley will be most crucial to next season.

34 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

How have we missed 2 fringe players? Hilarious stuff. I will concede that Idah had just started making a case for his worth but Omobamidele is still down the pecking order.

Well he shouldn't be. IF he had not been injured for all these months then my preferred centre back partnership would be him and Hanley. AO is far more mobile than Gibson and we may have shipped a few less goals. That does not mean we would have stayed up of course.  

I agree that both these players, if fit will have a big effect on next season.  If they are good enough the team should be built around them.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Yellow Wal said:

Make no mistake we have missed Big Andy Omobamidele and Adam Idah this season.

If they both get back to full fitness they will be like two, very important, new signings.

Big Andy had given us some excellent displays and showed that he has a great future and Adam began to show the form that we all hoped he would being used by Dean Smith differently to the way he had previously been used.

Everybody seems to be pessimistic about next season but we have here two players who will be extremely important to us and could have a massive impact on our season.

Let's hope they get back to full fitness early.

Totally agree with this post. That said both players are so far 'potential' only, particularly Idah who has played so little meaningful professional football with vast majority of his appearances being almost 'token' gestures as a late sub. AO will almost certainly go to have a top career assuming this very nasty back injury totally clears up.  Only problem is said career will only have a fleeting spell in Norfolk as he will be flogged off at the first opportunity once the PL clubs start bidding. 

Next season should be about piling minutes into the most promising youngsters to see what they've got so for me that's Omo, Idah, Lungi, Rowe and Tzolis, with a core of old heads around them. This is why I'm all for a year's extension for Rupp, as a reasonably cultured ball-player in the middle of the park who likes to scamper around a lot as you'd think he'd be a superb example from the likes of Dan Adshead to learn from, and is proven in the Champs.

Agree that Hanley's a key one. He and Omo together would be a nice pairing with plenty of pace. Can see that helping Giannoulis too, although he tore up the league last year - and therefore also help Tzolis further up the pitch. 

Omobamidele's composure reminds me of a young - and I say this knowing full well he's not reached those heights yet - Paul McGrath. The potential is tremendous. I just hope he's robust enough.

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Well according to Michael Baileys article that didn't seem to be the case. That Omobamidele really impressed Smith & Shakespeare. I bet Omobamidele would've started more games under smith than Gibson did had he have stayed fit.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If Pukki stays and Idah keeps fit playing them both up top in a two up top is a fantastic pair that should tear apart most championship teams.

You could sense a real improvement in Idahs game under Smith, holding the ball up, strength, saw alot more from him than I did the odd 5 min cameo he would get under Farke.

• Like 3

Omobamidele was certainly missed. He is very much the player to build our defence around, although I am concerned his injury may be chronic rather than just an sporting injury.  It was good to see him at Cplney last week though so hopefully is about to get back down to it.

I'm not fully convinced by Idah.  If he was a striker to solve our problems I would expected he would have scored a few already for Eire. But .... 

I fear Sorensen won't be here next season the way Smith and Farke have dealt with him is outrageous.  Idah may prove to be an asset but we have only seen an imptoved version for 2 matches.  I hope both AI and AO get to full fitness to aid a Championship push but the lack of info re prognosis of their injuries makes concern.  Another fear is that Rupp and Zimmermann are still here next season to continue their injury hit careers.

2 hours ago, alex_ncfc said:

More Adam Idah nonsense. He barely played this season and when he did had 1 or 2 good games, how have we missed him?

Same with Omobamidele - neither would have made a single bit of difference to the outcome of this season. If we are going into next season hoping they are going to carry us in the Championship then we're in trouble.

Because we got 7 points from Idah's last three games? Everton, Watford and Palace. He then got injured and during the Southampton game the commentators kept pointing out our inability to hold the ball up, which is what Idah had been praised for doing especially in the Everton game.

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If Pukki stays and Idah keeps fit playing them both up top in a two up top is a fantastic pair that should tear apart most championship teams

Hmmm,nice prospect............ but that's what we thought about Ashton/Mackenzie & Hucks when relegated back to the Champs under NW 😔

I'm sorry, but if anybody on here thinks Idah, who has 4 goals in 59 professional appearances,is somehow going to be our saviour next season you are seriously delusional.I know a lot of them were as sub,but no way is he the answer.We will need at least one serious signing up front to make us challengers for the top six.Tin hat at the ready!!!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, pete said:

I fear Sorensen won't be here next season the way Smith and Farke have dealt with him is outrageous.  Idah may prove to be an asset but we have only seen an imptoved version for 2 matches.  I hope both AI and AO get to full fitness to aid a Championship push but the lack of info re prognosis of their injuries makes concern.  Another fear is that Rupp and Zimmermann are still here next season to continue their injury hit careers.

Someone was claiming on twitter that they had heard that Sorensen just isn't doing it in training. How true that is I don't know.

Feel we probably want a bit more physicality in that position.

58 minutes ago, pete said:

I fear Sorensen isn’t half as good as our fans think he is. Has barely kicked a ball for us in his favoured position and when he has done, he has done little of any note. Done a decent job deputising out of position when called upon though. Handy as a utility option but if he can’t get a game in this midfield (literally EVERY other option is ahead of him) then this notion we’ll be building a team around him seems very optimistic. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

I'm sorry, but if anybody on here thinks Idah, who has 4 goals in 59 professional appearances,is somehow going to be our saviour next season you are seriously delusional.I know a lot of them were as sub,but no way is he the answer.We will need at least one serious signing up front to make us challengers for the top six.Tin hat at the ready!!!

He's played the equivalent of 21 full games of football matches basically all before the age of 21. This is also while playing for some pretty terrible sides in only small cameos. His performances this season when starting have been good and there's no reason why he couldn't keep that up in a lower division playing regularly.