Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

The new Crest will save us!

I was just reminded by a post on FB that the new crest (that one that is more manipulable) is launched next month.  This new crest will completely change our fortunes.  It will be a new beginning, a kick up the **** to everything, it will help generate oodles of cash, it will sort out all the problems in the corridors of Carrow Road.  You read it here first.  Nothing beats a re-brand!  

[Yes I'm being ironic, not a good look I know].

The new crest design is completely sh*te, nowhere near as good as our current one which has been in place since the early 70's and is iconic!

Its been said its more appropriate with the digital age but we've been in the digital age for 20 years so why change it?

The new crest is awful the only appropriate thing it represents is it is as equally shi*te as what our last two Premier League campaigns have been!

Supporters should have been consulted about this abortion of a crest!

Edited by kingsway
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kingsway said:

The new crest design is completely sh*te, nowhere near as good as our current one which has been in place sinc ethe early 70's and is iconic!

Its been said its more appropriate with the digital age but we've been in the digital age for 20 years so why change it?

The new crest is awful the only appropriate thing it represents is it is as equally shi*te as what our last two Premier League campaigns have been!

I mean the lion and castle is far better on the new crest than the sandcastle and scooby doo ghost on our current crest, but sadly the canary on the new crest looks like a robot and nowhere near as charming as the one on our current crest.

And the lack of black outline on our new crest really doesn't do it any favours 

Perhaps we should have a shimmering hologram of Farke across the new badge, a bit like the shroud of Turin.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I was just reminded by a post on FB that the new crest (that one that is more manipulable) is launched next month.  This new crest will completely change our fortunes.  It will be a new beginning, a kick up the **** to everything, it will help generate oodles of cash, it will sort out all the problems in the corridors of Carrow Road.  You read it here first.  Nothing beats a re-brand!  

[Yes I'm being ironic, not a good look I know].

Yes . The angry canary (that strangely gets less angry the more you look at it ) will deliver the necessary physicality this year. 
Oh and it’s better  to print “digitally” which made my printer friends laugh , so that was another bonus. Just substitute “better” for “cheaper” . 

• Like 1

I’ve just re read the press release for the “statement of intent” of bringing the badge into the “digital age” .

The best line is it is “accessible for all” which either means the canary has become gender neutral  , or we can all print it on our letter heads as much as we like . 

31 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Yes . The angry canary (that strangely gets less angry the more you look at it ) will deliver the necessary physicality this year. 
Oh and it’s better  to print “digitally” which made my printer friends laugh , so that was another bonus. Just substitute “better” for “cheaper” . 

Kinda like how we had thousands of brands to choose from when it came to our new kit and we went with Joma beacause 'they match our integrity and visons and dreams and fantasies marketing slogan here' when in reality we went with them as they were the cheapest option we had

2 hours ago, kingsway said:

The new crest design is completely sh*te, nowhere near as good as our current one which has been in place since the early 70's and is iconic!

Personally, I think the lion is much better on the new one and the castle is basically the same.

The old canary had an almost regal feel about him. A bit aloof and above it all. The kind of canary that would polity clap the team off after another sh1te performance and then tuck into his 3rd prawn sandwich. Iconic indeed, and one I love, but...a little dated maybe?

The new canary is not happy with 2nd best. If you don't leave it all out there on the pitch, he'll break your legs. He's Grant Holt. He's Bradley Johnson. He's Alex Tettey.

Just my opinion though, and can 100% understand your attachment to the old canary.

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap

The new crest is dreadful. 

The excuses they came up with for changing it were laughable. 

As Kingsway said, the supporters should have chosen the new design. 

3 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Personally, I think the lion is much better on the new one and the castle is basically the same.

The old canary had an almost regal feel about him. A bit aloof and above it all. The kind of canary that would polity clap the team off after another sh1te performance and then tuck into his 3rd prawn sandwich. Iconic indeed, and one I love, but...a little dated maybe?

The new canary is not happy with 2nd best. If you don't leave it all out there on the pitch, he'll break your legs. He's Grant Holt. He's Bradley Johnson. He's Alex Tettey.

Just my opinion though, and can 100% understand your attachment to the old canary.

OTBC

I think the new canary needs to go to the gym and shed those handles