Sign in to follow this  
Fiery Zac

Season Tickets

Added my son to the waiting list about 2 months ago and was told he was at about 2000 in the queue. Letter came through yesterday saying a seat is now available.

Are fans leaving in droves or is it normal for the waiting list to move so quickly? Not complaining as great news I can make memories with my son much like I did as a young 'un too a long time ago, but just curious if this is the norm or are fans really so fickle as to cancel once we leave the mighty PL?

There's been a few hundred consistent empty seats in the City stand this season, so I suspect that has helped speed up the waiting time. 

I too received an email yesterday saying that one has become available. I joined the waiting list with my dad and there's no mention of him (nor me actually, they just addressed me as 'City fan'), but I assume it means us both. 

Does anyone know which parts of the ground are likely to have seats available and what the likelihood will be of two seats together, or failing that, reasonably close?

On 30/04/2022 at 18:46, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I too received an email yesterday saying that one has become available. I joined the waiting list with my dad and there's no mention of him (nor me actually, they just addressed me as 'City fan'), but I assume it means us both. 

Does anyone know which parts of the ground are likely to have seats available and what the likelihood will be of two seats together, or failing that, reasonably close?

Don't know if you still need the info but there's pair's of seats in

Upper barclay

Wensum corner (between city stand and river end) - impaired view

River end, Upper and lower

Joma corner, Upper and lower - impaired view

These were the only areas I was told had seats together. There's single seats dotted about in all areas, but nice to get a seat with my boy - and saved some money on my current ST.

• Like 2

I have given mine up, so have three next to me in the South Stand block N. So there will be four together there.

I only used mine once this year. I was concerned at first about Covid, and when I did go I did not enjoy it as much as I did before.

remember the season before we were not able to go with Covid restrictions in place. 
given my old age and my health decided after 60 years enough is enough to. Back to Chris Goreham for company each Saturday from now on.

On 30/04/2022 at 18:40, Fiery Zac said:

Added my son to the waiting list about 2 months ago and was told he was at about 2000 in the queue. Letter came through yesterday saying a seat is now available.

Are fans leaving in droves or is it normal for the waiting list to move so quickly? Not complaining as great news I can make memories with my son much like I did as a young 'un too a long time ago, but just curious if this is the norm or are fans really so fickle as to cancel once we leave the mighty PL?

I'm confused re the waiting list, a reliable member of staff told me  back in early Feb there were around 1200 on the list which doesn't tie in with your 2000. Was also told that around half of the 1200 were fans who had been on there for several seasons as they were waiting for a specific row/block to sit near family, so in reality that leaves around 600 waiting for a new st who are flexible as to which stand they were in. Loads of fans on twitter have got seats this week, 2 friends got 4 and 3 together so hopefully lots of fans have now been accommodated and will have their STS for next season which is great news 

On 30/04/2022 at 18:40, Fiery Zac said:

I think also Covid has a lot to answer for. 
I know of 4 Season Ticket holders that died in or around the last season. 
One ticket was inherited by the holders wife who handed it in at the end of the season and another because of lack of next of kin still has not been properly processed (canceled) so there will be a lot of reasons .

I certainly dont see droves of fans handing in their tickets.

55 minutes ago, Diane said:

I'm confused re the waiting list, a reliable member of staff told me  back in early Feb there were around 1200 on the list which doesn't tie in with your 2000. Was also told that around half of the 1200 were fans who had been on there for several seasons as they were waiting for a specific row/block to sit near family, so in reality that leaves around 600 waiting for a new st who are flexible as to which stand they were in. Loads of fans on twitter have got seats this week, 2 friends got 4 and 3 together so hopefully lots of fans have now been accommodated and will have their STS for next season which is great news 

Maybe the club give you a unique number on the list and that number never dies even if you get a ticket so the next appilicant within the club is regarded as No.2001.

Edited by TIL 1010

Quite a few of people I follow on Twitter have got season tickets for the first time in years, which is good, nice to freshen up the fanbase a bit.

Limited availability for getting 2 together mind.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Quite a few of people I follow on Twitter have got season tickets for the first time in years, which is good, nice to freshen up the fanbase a bit.

Limited availability for getting 2 together mind.

2 of my former colleagues got theirs today. Must need their heads read…

Final deadline for renewals looming on 23rd so might be some more successful applicants that week.

17 hours ago, Fiery Zac said:

Don't know if you still need the info but there's pair's of seats in

Upper barclay

Wensum corner (between city stand and river end) - impaired view

River end, Upper and lower

Joma corner, Upper and lower - impaired view

These were the only areas I was told had seats together. There's single seats dotted about in all areas, but nice to get a seat with my boy - and saved some money on my current ST.

Cheers, but I went into the Fan Hub on Sunday and they answered all my questions; I think at the time there were limited numbers of pairs in pretty much all areas. Ended up getting a pair on Tuesday in the River End.

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Cheers, but I went into the Fan Hub on Sunday and they answered all my questions; I think at the time there were limited numbers of pairs in pretty much all areas. Ended up getting a pair on Tuesday in the River End.

Lower tier, behind the goal ? 😉

Yeh, it’s quite nice moving around, chatting to various people, being an ad hoc fan. Myself I’ve just bought a season ticket after 10 years “away”, always feel happier supporting us when we have an ambitious challenge- like now.