Sign in to follow this  
Inch High aka Inchy..

Goodbye Deano off you pop.

For **** sake, we could sign pep and even he wouldent keep us up. Dont turn us into Watford. Don't turn us into a club that sacks and replaces it's manager every two months on an endless cyce and loop.  We went down beacaue our players are gash, not our manager. May I remind you Shakespeare has won the league before? Anyways, feel free to judge him at the end of next season.. Just not now

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

It's constantly half term on this forum.

Hard to argue.

• Like 1

I'm sure you were also one of those that wanted Farke gone after his first season.

"He's out of his depth" "clueless" etc etc

"Oh, he's won the championship, yay, he's amazing" etc etc

Farke was given the opportunity to build his squad and philosophy over a season in the vastly inferior championship. You dont believe Smith deserves the same (or less) courtesy considering he's taken a championship squad part way through the the PL season, had injuries to our only decent players at key times and done all he can to get a tune out of woefully poor PL standard squad?

Smith deserves his chance to have HIS squad, his philosophy and make his mark on the club. Then he will be judged.

Sadly the OP is all too typical of the inpatient, hindsight loving, modern football fan.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

I'm sure you were also one of those that wanted Farke gone after his first season.

"He's out of his depth" "clueless" etc etc

"Oh, he's won the championship, yay, he's amazing" etc etc

Farke was given the opportunity to build his squad and philosophy over a season in the vastly inferior championship. You dont believe Smith deserves the same (or less) courtesy considering he's taken a championship squad part way through the the PL season, had injuries to our only decent players at key times and done all he can to get a tune out of woefully poor PL standard squad?

Smith deserves his chance to have HIS squad, his philosophy and make his mark on the club. Then he will be judged.

Sadly the OP is all too typical of the inpatient, hindsight loving, modern football fan.

Actually I thought Daniel was probably the best manager we ever had and should have been given more time to sort out Webbers mess, which I still believe he would have so you're very wrong on that one.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

For **** sake, we could sign pep and even he wouldent keep us up. Dont turn us into Watford. Don't turn us into a club that sacks and replaces it's manager every two months on an endless cyce and loop.  We went down beacaue our players are gash, not our manager. May I remind you Shakespeare has won the league before? Anyways, feel free to judge him at the end of next season.. Just not now

Told you before, until you actually visit Carrow road for a game your opinion is irrelevant. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

Actually I thought Daniel was probably the best manager we ever had and should have been given more time to sort out Webbers mess, which I still believe he would have so you're very wrong on that one.

So Farke should have been given more time, despite his awful Premier League record, but Smith should not be given any time, even before he’s been allowed to bring any new players in? Ok then.

• Like 5

Should have never sacked Farke but now we have we have to stick with Smith and let him build his own team. Which I fear will be packed with brutes and a more attacking version of Pulis's Stoke

• Like 2

1 minute ago, (Hoola)Han Solo said:

So Farke should have been given more time, despite his awful Premier League record, but Smith should not be given any time, even before he’s been allowed to bring any new players in? Ok then.

You'll see. I'll bookmark this page to remind you this time next year.

5 minutes ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

Better manager than Walker who took us into Europe?

Farke was a FAILURE at the highest level so if that’s our best manager then you truly are deluded!

3 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

a more attacking version of Pulis's Stoke

Which ironically would have probably kept us up

3 minutes ago, (Hoola)Han Solo said:

It’s definitely inspired logic.

Out of curiosity... Who do you think would have done better than Smith with the group of turds we have in the playing staff right now? 

I actually don't think we'd have gotten to the points we have now had it not been for S&S.. but that's just my opinion

2 minutes ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

Come on, be honest. Were you a huge Farke fan before that first promotion winning season?

33 minutes ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

And take Shakespeare with you.

Useless pair of twonks.

Premier League winning assistant Shakespeare you mean?

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Out of curiosity... Who do you think would have done better than Smith with the group of turds we have in the playing staff right now? 

I actually don't think we'd have gotten to the points we have now had it not been for S&S.. but that's just my opinion

A ringing endorsement of Stuart Webber and highlights why both Farke and Smith failed at this level

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

It's not Smith's fault we have been relegated. You cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear

Well he made a sow's ear out of a silk purse at Villa this season and only survived before due to a glitch in goal-line technology.

I've little confidence in him at the moment, but let's see where we are in October.

I'm not seeing where he's any better than Farke but deserves a chance to shape his own squad and way of playing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I think S and S had us playing a functional, if not beautiful, style of football with the 4-4-2 which included Idah. As soon as he got injured, that system had to be scrapped. Having only one fit senior striker, who at 32 has been playing non stop for club and country for 2 years plus, is absolutely not good enough from our recruitment team.

• Like 5

Whilst Smith clearly deserves his own window and opportunity to have a full season next term, if I were offered a choice here and now of who to start next season with between Farke and Smith , I'd take Farke now.

We know his style was able to win the league with 94 and then 97 points, If I were putting money on it , I fear we're more likely to be a WBA under Steve Bruce with Smith next season

• Like 2

Under Farke we were looking odds on to eclipse Derby's worst PL season.  Unfortunately we replaced Farke immediately with a replacement with the experience of a succesful relegation fight on his CV.  Dean Smith could have made more of a fist of keeping us up if he managed to get more out of what was a poor squad, in that he has failed miserably.  He hasn't found any tactics this shower could use to make a difference.  He is supposedly the manager and ought to be able to adapt to the role.  He hasn't and with the majority of this squad next season looks unable to influence this club.

Cannot see what he brings to the club and should be dispensed with allow someone else to progress the team and club.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

I’m assuming you’re going to give Smith a full championship season like Farke was before you start judging?

5 minutes ago, pete said:

Under Farke we were looking odds on to eclipse Derby's worst PL season.  Unfortunately we replaced Farke immediately with a replacement with the experience of a succesful relegation fight on his CV.  Dean Smith could have made more of a fist of keeping us up if he managed to get more out of what was a poor squad, in that he has failed miserably.  He hasn't found any tactics this shower could use to make a difference.  He is supposedly the manager and ought to be able to adapt to the role.  He hasn't and with the majority of this squad next season looks unable to influence this club.

Cannot see what he brings to the club and should be dispensed with allow someone else to progress the team and club.

Yet what you don't elaborate on is exactly who this magic person would be.

This club needs a head coach who has a track record in the championship, who has won promotion before and who can develop players to become both footballing and financial assets.

There aren't many who fit that description. Dean Smith is one of those few. It's not his fault we spent £50m on a bunch of players not up to the levels necessary and the club in utter disarray at his time of arrival.

The performances under Smith were of a higher standard than those under Farke. For me he has until December to show that he's the right man to continue to take this club forwards.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pete said:

Under Farke we were looking odds on to eclipse Derby's worst PL season. 

No we weren't. We'd acquired 5 points in 11 games. Extrapolate that across a season and it's comfortably more than Derby.

But when you consider those 5 points were acquired in his last 5 games, then that extrapolation becomes a lot more promising.

Sacking Farke may have been the right thing. Appointing Smith to replace him objectively and emphatically was not.

• Like 2

In fairness to Smith, he took on a thankless task and was given zero money to spend in January. 

he deserves the chance to rebuild in the summer but if it’s still poor after 10 games then i think it’s time to change. We need to see some sort of indication to the style he wants to play which hopefully will be an energetic high press with good ball retention. 

Changing the subject slightly, I've just found something more depressing and painstakingly appalling than our attempt to stay in this league. Flicking through the channels I've come across a show called 'Romeo and Duet', which appears to be some kind of dating show where the only pre requisite is that the contestants are utterly tone deaf. Shocking truly shocking. 

He's shown nothing to tell me he is worthy of being our manager. Team selections, tactical nous, substitutions, attitude towards the fans bordering on arrogance. Useless pair. 

• Like 1