Sign in to follow this  
GodlyOtsemobor

So....

Only when we beat Brentford and Southampton back to back, the rest of it was just awful and didn’t enjoy it otherwise. Every other win was just a false hope moment.

Who would have thought the 19/20 season would actually turn out to be much more enjoyable than this one?! 

That says it all.

• Like 1

I can't think of a single positive to come out of this season, other than it's nearly over.

Certainly nothing to be proud of. I mean we didn't actually try.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Who would have thought the 19/20 season would actually turn out to be much more enjoyable than this one?! 

That says it all.

Yeah losing every single one of our remaning fixtures after coivd in empty stadums was clearly much more fun than this..

Blame the scientists.

If they hadn't created Covid vaccines, all these games would have been played behind closed doors and we wouldn't have had to witness such dross.

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yeah losing every single one of our remaning fixtures after coivd in empty stadums was clearly much more fun than this..

If you think this season has been better then you're deluded.

Well, actually...checks out I guess

Edited by alex_ncfc
  • Like 1

last time we played with style and got beat but kept the same style and came back up 

this time we have throw away the style and made terrible signings 

so for me this season has been terrible and far more damaging for the club 

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yeah but when the stadiums were open we showed a hell of a lot more fight than this and even had a bit of a cup run.

Huge backward step this campaign and it's worse on every single front.

Edited by Capt. Pants
  • Like 1

I think this is the season where we hoped for so much more yet got so much less.

Another tame relegation.

I do wonder of our 'self-financing' model in some manner gives the players a deep psychological built-in excuse to be allowed to fail - we did our best but not quite good enough it seems is acceptable? There is something amiss to explain two seasons where we go down without any without any real fight or spirit - just accepting of it with a whimper.

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 1

We were promised so much by the club pre season and a load of bull from the Sporting Director.

Anyone know if he gets less wages in the Championship? Not that he will be here much.

17 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I can't think of a single positive to come out of this season, other than it's nearly over.

Certainly nothing to be proud of. I mean we didn't actually try.

Not much of a positive but Idah finally looked the part, until he got injured.

2 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

I don't get the Idah thing, he had like one good game.

He was never good enough.

Fair enough, that’s your opinion.  I thought he was good against West Ham, Everton, and Watford, so admittedly not loads but more than all the previous seasons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Newtopia said:

Fair enough, that’s your opinion.  I thought he was good against West Ham, Everton, and Watford, so admittedly not loads but more than all the previous seasons.

Losing him certainly lessened our options.

28 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

But before that we were actually playing some decent stuff and were being praised for our attacking approach. This season has been an embarrassment from start to finish 

Edited by Virtual reality
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

Losing Adam was a big blow I agree. 

Hanley at least looks a decent Premier League centre half too but other than that I'm struggling with positives.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

If you think this season has been better then you're deluded.

Well, actually...checks out I guess

But you believe Idah only had one decent game despite the majority of fans, neutrals and pundits thinking otherwise. In fact many pundits believe we had a decent chance of staying up had Idah not got injured when he did.

Just now, Fiery Zac said:

But you believe Idah only had one decent game despite the majority of fans, neutrals and pundits thinking otherwise. In fact many pundits believe we had a decent chance of staying up had Idah not got injured when he did.

There was literally no point this season where pundits and neutrals were praising Adam Idah 😂 talk about rewriting history!

He had 1 good game, 2 at a push if you include the West Ham one. Losing him obviously lessened our options, but we'd still be sat rock bottom today whether we lost him or not.

It was like slowly sliding towards a car crash in ice, you know it’s happening but it’s slow, inevitable and unstoppable until you hit.

6 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

There was literally no point this season where pundits and neutrals were praising Adam Idah 😂 talk about rewriting history!

He had 1 good game, 2 at a push if you include the West Ham one. Losing him obviously lessened our options, but we'd still be sat rock bottom today whether we lost him or not.

Add all the laughing emojis you want, but there literally was in the articles I read and the podcasts I listen to.

You're entitled to your opinion but from those I read and listen to, who know far far more than you or I, I believe you are in the minority.

🤣👍😁🙂🍆

Edited by Fiery Zac

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well yes, because for fans who go to the stadium we didn't have to endure and pay for witnessing it.

Plus, we spent £250k to go down then, not £60 million. 

This season is much more of a disaster.