Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Relegation ""celebration"" thread

36 minutes ago, Big O said:

Well I guess the one good thing of getting relegated early is that it enables you to start planning for next year as early as possible.

Cruical that the big decisions are made quickly either way. 1. Is Webber staying yes or no? 2. are Smith and Shakey going to be in charge? 3. Which players want out (possibly a Rashica, Aarons, Cantwelll etc) 4. Which players do we maybe want to max value on (Pukki, Hanley, Krul) 5. Who are we Targetting and get them in quickly

Well we had plenty of time to plan for this season, but still managed to start it and get through 2 transfer windows without a fcuking defensive midfielder.

Agree with your 2nd para. 

Has Delia booked the open-topped bus for a relegation celebration trip around the city and a chance for the fans to cheer their team and officials as they stand on the City Hall balcony ?

2 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I'm really looking forward to the Chair and the CEO really taking the executives to task over this poor season.  D'oh ......😵💫🍺

👍Now shef , I really need to think about that . The penny has dropped Shef🙃. We haven’t  got a CHAIRMAN  a CEO or COO. Corporate  Governance doesn't exist . All of those titles were given to one man to do what he liked. Bad Mistake I would say. Would you agree. You will probably get answers on the Summit podcasts. WTF are Norwich doing.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mengo said:

👍Now shef , I really need to think about that . The penny has dropped Shef🙃. We haven’t  got a CHAIRMAN  a CEO or COO. Corporate  Governance doesn't exist . All of those titles were given to one man to do what he liked. Bad Mistake I would say. Would you agree. You will probably get answers on the Summit podcasts. WTF are Norwich doing.

I really don't know Mengo, I really don't know.    Where does the club go from here?  Today kind of took more hope away from me that Deano can paint over the cracks next season, if the Board doesn't take the bull by the horns.  I'm at a loss ... . 

Remember going to the AGM when previous regime was accused of pissing all the money up the wall

We’re going to be the league next season where we belong and nothing is ever going to change whilst the present owners are in charge and nothing will change when masterTom takes over

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paint Me Yellow said:

Genuinely hope we don't return until we look like we might actually compete. 

I couldn't stand another shower of $h!t season like that.

Absolute shít isn’t it?. Feel like Homer Simpson when Springfield lost its lemon tree for a while.

I am not having us being promoted again if it means another top flight season like that. Let’s just sort our team out and build one strong enough to at least stand a chance of staying up. It’s all very well and good spending within your means, but it just creates absolute showers of a season like this one and the other one two seasons prior.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

The most dispiriting element of all of this is we've barely looked like staying up these last two seasons. I can take a relegation but were we ever out of the bottom 3 this season?

Yes - before a ball was kicked, on alphabetical order... ☹️

OTBC

3 hours ago, king canary said:

The most dispiriting element of all of this is we've barely looked like staying up these last two seasons. I can take a relegation but were we ever out of the bottom 3 this season?

For one gameweek when we beat Watford.