Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Villa (PL/A) *****

4 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Williams had been playing quite well up to that point I thought. Mistakes happen; Dimi has made quite a few this season as well.

OTBC

Dimi is a decent left-back who will still be here if he's kept happy and has been one of our best performers in the last few games.

Williams will be back at Man Utd next season, or more likely loaned out somewhere else that isn't here.

Dropping one for the other was ****ing dumb as ****. The slip was probably the footballing gods punishing such an inept decision. 

Edited by canarydan23

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Dimi is a decent left-back who will still be here if he's kept happy and has been one of our best performers in the last few games.

Williams will be back at Man Utd next season.

Dropping one for the other was ****ing dumb as ****. The slip was probably the footballing gods punishing such an inept decision. 

Williams being a united fan through and through probably has taken the **** out of Gerrard and his slip for years so probably karma he does the same

We’re just so easy to play against. Whenever Villa have pressed us in our third, inevitably we eventually meekly give possession back to them. We don’t seem to have any movement to be able to play through it. Whereas they play one long ball whilst we have them pushed back and 2-3 passes later they’ve scored. Admittedly a slip and deflection helped this happen, but at no point do we look like opening them up in a similar fashion.

I'm afraid it's very simple. With Emi or a player of his ability we may just survive. Without a player like that we won't. 

On the plus side we will probably go straight back up again. And then go straight back down again. 

In my view that's a Premier League problem not a Norwich City problem 

• Like 4

Would be nice to see the ref give us a bit more. Villa seem to be getting away with repeated fouls - Mings climbing all over one of our players somehow becomes him being fouled.

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

Would be nice to see the ref give us a bit more. Villa seem to be getting away with repeated fouls - Mings climbing all over one of our players somehow becomes him being fouled.

He’s had his orders as they all do

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Williams will be back at Man Utd next season, or more likely loaned out somewhere else that isn't here.

We could have played Jesus (the Son of God, not the player) at left back and would have still lost this game.

OTBC

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

We could have played Jesus (the Son of God, not the player) at left back and would have still lost this game.

OTBC

Depends, is turning water into wine easier or harder than dog****e into footballers?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I'm afraid it's very simple. With Emi or a player of his ability we may just survive. Without a player like that we won't. 

On the plus side we will probably go straight back up again. And then go straight back down again. 

What have you seen to suggest that we will go straight back up again? Don't get me wrong. I'm not a fan of declaring the team world beaters pushing for top six after we play well and equally declaring them league 2 after a defeat like most. However, I am not sure promotion next season is probable?  For me, the key reasons that we got promoted were Buendia's creativity - gone, Skipps defensive midfield play - gone and Pukki's clever runs.

Maybe it’s Sorrenson for Normann coming up as he’s hobbling. 

7 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

This squad will not go straight back up!

1 minute ago, NWC said:

Maybe it’s Sorrenson for Normann coming up as he’s hobbling. 

Sorenson may as well leave. If Billy ****ing Gilmour replaces McLean last minute, what is the point of him?

2 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

What have you seen to suggest that we will go straight back up again? Don't get me wrong. I'm not a fan of declaring the team world beaters pushing for top six after we play well and equally declaring them league 2 after a defeat like most. However, I am not sure promotion next season is probable?  For me, the key reasons that we got promoted were Buendia's creativity - gone, Skipps defensive midfield play - gone and Pukki's clever runs.

Mainly because I look at our squad even with some inevitable sales and its full of proven championship title winners. Then I look at the championship and see the likes of Luton up there.

The tale of 2 head injuries 🤔

just shows the inconsistency of the premier league. 

1 minute ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Tin Foil Hat GIFs | Tenor

OTBC

Nah you’re probably right. Billions of pounds on the line, teams filled with war criminals and crooked businessmen it’s probably all totally above board.

1 minute ago, NWC said:

The tale of 2 head injuries 🤔

just shows the inconsistency of the premier league. 

If you're talking about Dowell sat on the floor, he literally got up as soon as we got the ball, pisses me off players flaunting that rule to stop attacks. Milner did it earlier v Newcastle 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

This squad will not go straight back up!

Really. Can you let us know tonight’s lottery numbers too?

Actually, PM me. We don’t want everyone on here picking them.

13 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I think it's a challenge a number of teams face. Ideally you find that player in the championship, sign them cheaply enough to keep you up the first season in the prem before other teams come circling. We did that and more with Buendia. Villa did the same with Grealish. Brentford are doing that with Tony. Leicester the same with Vardy.

Replacing them in the premier league is so hard. Teams suddenly look at where you are, rather than their player, and want good money. You sign some of the players we have in the Championship I reckon you could look at a good £2-3million less.

Edit: To add to that, it's not easy. Those sorts of players are not easy to come by. As much as people are saying the club got it wrong over the summer, that's essentially being victims of their own success. That the players signed before have largely made us what we are, even if they weren't PL good enough.

Pukki, Buendia, Godfrey, Cantwell(until this season), Aarons, Krul, Hanley, Zimmermann, McLean, Lewis, Vrancic, Hernandez.

They are the signings/promoted youth that make Rashica, Sargent, Tzolis, Lees-Melou look not as good, but all of those listed before, were not signed in the premier league - such a hard league to get your English baptism in. 

Edited by chicken
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

The only reason for saying we'll go back up is that the Championship is poor. Very entertaining but outside of the top 2 they're not very good