Sign in to follow this  
my_left_foot

Well .... That's it for me!

No doubt I will get loads of "not a true supporter" jibes back but I couldn''t even encourage my 12 year old football mad son (season ticket holder) to go to yesterday''s game - "Dad, it will be the same old rubbish and it is just so boring".  Imagine how I felt - what could I say, how could I argue?.

Read it and weep Neil Doncaster, Munby et al - yes, this is what it has come to.  So much for encouraging families and children - it isn''t ALL about Razz the Clown and Captain Canary, nice seats and food etc.  As kids get older and play football, they are smarter than you think - these kids are not only the future supporters but also potential players (woops  ..... I forgot we don''t encourage our own academy/youngsters unless they will grow in to 6'' 4" headcases who can run up and down all day)

Best of luck to you all next season.  As I can no longer get my son to turn out or renew due to the "entertainment" that is Carrow Road (and I certainly can''t promise him better times as things stand today), then I am afraid that my season ticket renewal is also up the swanny.  I wonder how many more there are like me?  That''s £530.00 short for you Mr Doncaster - maybe one of the 1,200 season ticket wannabe''s will snap it up but somehow I think there will be quite a number of empty seats at Carrow Road next season if the current (playing - I use the term loosly) management is still in place as looks likely now.

Never mind, I will continue to support NCFC as I have done all of my life.  It is a shame it has come to this though and I am genuinely so disappointed.

Good luck next season all ...............

sums up what is going to start happening. Hope you don''t mind but i have re posted this on the official sites message board

You might try telling your son that very much as he goes through life there will be up''s and down''s...life is''nt perfect all the time.The idea of SUPPORTING a football team is through thick and Thin.I''m not happy with what is ahppening at the moment,all it means is  when the good times come again they will be so much sweeter!

This happens at all football clubs where they go through a difficult period..again very much like life,I guess if your son was perfoming badly at School you''d give up on him too?..no you would''nt and your son would love your support all the same.

keep the faith and so must your son.......it will come good in the end![;)]

I take my two girls every game (aged 10 and 12 ) my wife has also attended this year and we have renewed this year . I honestly enjoy the supporting of the team admittedly this season been poor and im finding it hard to motivate the children because they come for the whole experience (singing , atmosphere, action on the pitch) NONE of this is happening at present and how long will it be  before they say i dont want to go .... another 960 pounds lost . I dont care who the manager is but somethings not right at present  lets start by having some entertainment and maybe the atmosphere will return on the ball city

my_left_foot

-  Sorry to hear that you and your son are so fed up with it all

that you aren''t renewing. But in all honesty, if you both no longer

enjoy coming to Carrow Road then it makes little sense to pay several

hundred quid for the experience.

I think the performance against Ipswich summed up why so many people have

lost faith. To have a team with talented individuals play poorly is one

thing. But for a whole team to show no passion and commitment just

takes the piss out of us 20,000+ season ticket holders that are

commited to this football club.

Worthington and the players owe us all big time for what they haven''t

done this season. Personally, I''m staying until I get some payback.

This is our club, and if anyone should be leaving then it should be

Worthington, not that fans.

People are clearly free to do whatever they wish with their Saturdays and their money and this is fine by me, but I will carry on going to the games as I have been doing for the last 25 years.  I can understand the sentiments of those who are thinking of giving up, but for me supporting any side is not just about winning and the good times, it is about sticking with it through the bad as well.....though that said, I don''t envy anyone trying to explain that to kids who must be finding it tempting to switch to supporting Man U/Chelsea!

Is it just me or in this as in quite a few other posts recently can a "Holier than thou/ better fan than" attitude can be detected from the season ticket holders.

My_left_foot declares he will not be renewing his season ticket or that of his child. That doesn''t suddenly make him a worse supporter or a different person. It just means he will not be renewing his tickets.

If you can''t take the ups and downs of supporting your footbal club then you might as well become a glory-hunter and support Man U.

Myself, my wife and 14 yr old son have re-newed our season tickets but to be honest we did think long and hard about it. The reason being that the lack of support the team are getting from some people, the arguing between supporters the silly reaction to the team winning matches and the subdued atmosphere mean it A''INT FUN to go to matches any more. Now I do not care if it is the board / worthy / fans or the press /cleaner or even the clown who is at fault, All my family want is a good afternoon of everyone supporting the team good or bad. This club has been through a lot of ups and downs over the years and with the exception of the Chase era I have never know such a bad reaction to an average season. I wonder if some of the problem is that we are all able to watch so much top class football on Sky that we have lost sight of the fact that most of the league is not played to that standard?  Yes, I do understand that we want City to play good football and we are falling short of that but the reaction of some fans is way over the top.  

Unfortunately, I am in the same boat with regards my son. He has just turned 16 and would rather go shopping than watch the rubbish we have been served up by Worthy and Co. We have been season ticket holders for 6 yrs and i Started going to  CR from the age of 14. Its not just about winning, but at least having some entertainment for your £600. If the WO are in the minority then why is the atmosphere so dead. Surely the KTFs would be trying to out sing them or shout support to the manager. Theres nothing and the opposition are poor so we cant even watch another side play some good football.

I am so disallusioned with the whole matchday experience and wont renew either. I''ll take the risk of match day tickets rather than sign up to another season of having to go because i''ve already bought the ticket, IMO until Worthy goes we will still be treated to the same football and he''s not going to go until at least October and then somebody else will have to try and sort out the mess.

Just because we aren''t season ticket holders doesn''t mean we are no longer supporters, which some people think is the only sign that you are. It just that perhaps we have other avenues in our life than can provide us with entertainment. Though I must admit theres nothing quite like an exciting well played live football match and sadly we haven''t seen to many of them this season.

Typical KTF reply, its not orignal no more, so do try and come up with a new insult Mr C.

Because sure as hell, you never come up with any CONSTRUCTIVE advise!.

[quote user="city r us"]Myself, my wife and 14 yr old son have re-newed our season tickets but to be honest we did think long and hard about it. The reason being that the lack of support the team are getting from some people, the arguing between supporters the silly reaction to the team winning matches and the subdued atmosphere mean it A''INT FUN to go to matches any more. Now I do not care if it is the board / worthy / fans or the press /cleaner or even the clown who is at fault, All my family want is a good afternoon of everyone supporting the team good or bad. This club has been through a lot of ups and downs over the years and with the exception of the Chase era I have never know such a bad reaction to an average season. I wonder if some of the problem is that we are all able to watch so much top class football on Sky that we have lost sight of the fact that most of the league is not played to that standard?  Yes, I do understand that we want City to play good football and we are falling short of that but the reaction of some fans is way over the top.  [/quote]

what you dont seem to understand city is that it is HIS SON whom does not want to go anymore.....

[quote user="Mr C"]If you can''t take the ups and downs of supporting your footbal club then you might as well become a glory-hunter and support Man U.[/quote]

Sums up alot of the stupid crap that people are putting on here.Maybe if people dont renew the season tickets the club will realise what needs to be done.

This is a great heartfelt post. I think any of us Dads that take the children can entirely empathise with what you say. Some really good responses too if you ignore the usual cobblers from some quarters.

I have renewed 4 tickets this year. It was a VERY tough decison. My children are 14 and 11 and I must say that if things dont change quickly next season then it will be over a £1000 down the Swanee, because the Children just wont go.

Children like to see great attacking football . All of them love Hucks because he gets them out of their seats.

Worthy hates kids. He hates the academy. He much prefers journeyman midfield players with as much flair as , well, a dour Irish Full Back .

Worthy please go. You have been promoted way out of your depth and you should have the guts to admit it. And then maybe the Kids will still want to come with me and my wife to Footie......   

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

[quote user="Mr C"]If you can''t take the ups and downs of supporting your footbal club then you might as well become a glory-hunter and support Man U.[/quote]

Sums up alot of the stupid crap that people are putting on here.Maybe if people dont renew the season tickets the club will realise what needs to be done.

[/quote]

I think Mr C''s got a point.  Surely the highs aren''t quite as sweet if you haven''t battled through the lows to get there.  Which team do you think is enjoying their current Premiership position more at the moment, Arsenal or Wigan?  My point is that only the top, top teams don''t go through the bad times, so lets not be surprised by this one, and ride it out.  Our situation is far from critical, many smaller clubs would kill to be in the position we are in.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="city r us"]Myself, my wife and 14 yr old son have re-newed our season tickets but to be honest we did think long and hard about it. The reason being that the lack of support the team are getting from some people, the arguing between supporters the silly reaction to the team winning matches and the subdued atmosphere mean it A''INT FUN to go to matches any more. Now I do not care if it is the board / worthy / fans or the press /cleaner or even the clown who is at fault, All my family want is a good afternoon of everyone supporting the team good or bad. This club has been through a lot of ups and downs over the years and with the exception of the Chase era I have never know such a bad reaction to an average season. I wonder if some of the problem is that we are all able to watch so much top class football on Sky that we have lost sight of the fact that most of the league is not played to that standard?  Yes, I do understand that we want City to play good football and we are falling short of that but the reaction of some fans is way over the top.  [/quote]

what you dont seem to understand city is that it is HIS SON whom does not want to go anymore.....

[/quote] I do understand it is the younger ones that are not re-newing. My son was the most vocal about not going again , BUT his reason was that he did not like the bad vibes at the ground NOT that he was fed up with the club. i still think that the amount of prem soccer on telly gives the wrong impression on quality

[quote user="city r us"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote] I do understand it is the younger ones that are not re-newing. My son was the most vocal about not going again , BUT his reason was that he did not like the bad vibes at the ground NOT that he was fed up with the club. i still think that the amount of prem soccer on telly gives the wrong impression on quality[/quote]

Bad vibes at the ground??  what caused by the 500 ie 1% worthy outers I guess then?? Wrong impression of quality??  Well Preston and Ipswich passed the ball far better than we have done, playing attractive football and have spent a tenth of the money we have done? I wonder what is our problem.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="city r us"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote] I do understand it is the younger ones that are not re-newing. My son was the most vocal about not going again , BUT his reason was that he did not like the bad vibes at the ground NOT that he was fed up with the club. i still think that the amount of prem soccer on telly gives the wrong impression on quality[/quote]

Bad vibes at the ground??  what caused by the 500 ie 1% worthy outers I guess then?? Wrong impression of quality??  Well Preston and Ipswich passed the ball far better than we have done, playing attractive football and have spent a tenth of the money we have done? I wonder what is our problem.

[/quote]  There are more than 500 as you well know. The whole ground is doom and gloom at the moment , news papers and telly are carrying stories of demo''s and unrest.this is what youngsters are seeing as I am sure you realise. as for Preston / Ipswich passing the ball better than us? yes they are (at times) If they were consistently that good then they would be top! Look, I do not disagree that things are wrong at the club!1 It is blo*dy obvious . I just do not agree with what is happening to our club. I know some of you put all the blame on the board and Worthy, but the demo''s and negative chants, the constant belittling of the players and coaching staff by the supporters is (IMO) counter productive.  

[quote user="city r us"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="city r us"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]  There are more than 500 as you well know. The whole ground is doom and gloom at the moment , news papers and telly are carrying stories of demo''s and unrest.this is what youngsters are seeing as I am sure you realise. as for Preston / Ipswich passing the ball better than us? yes they are (at times) If they were consistently that good then they would be top! Look, I do not disagree that things are wrong at the club!1 It is blo*dy obvious . I just do not agree with what is happening to our club. I know some of you put all the blame on the board and Worthy, but the demo''s and negative chants, the constant belittling of the players and coaching staff by the supporters is (IMO) counter productive.  [/quote]

but we have won 3 out of 4 whilst the demo''s have been happening??  how can you call that counter productive??  maybe it is helping worthy and his players get their act into gear..  albeit without showing much quality and far too late....  In the end somebody has to carry the can for what is happening....  whois betting on a Sunderland win next weak?? (not me mind)

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Typical KTF reply, its not orignal no more, so do try and come up with a new insult Mr C.

Because sure as hell, you never come up with any CONSTRUCTIVE advise!.

[/quote]Well you know what? Take heed of your own words oh great wise one . . .

Typical response Mr C.   I have lost count of the number of times this season that I have spoken to my son about the ups and downs and how we must stick with it.  However, there is only so much you can say or do.  Last season we were losing plenty of games but not ONCE did my son complain as he looked forward to every game (home and away) as the entertainment was always there - some great memories (Boro, Man Utd, Bolton, Arsenal and even West Brom)

Glory hunting to support Man Utd is not an option or even a thought - very narrow minded of you.  My sons room and wardrobe is full of nothing other than NCFC memorabillia and that will not change (and neither will I).  The point I was trying to make was simply that the current "down" is a massive "downer" and has gone on far too long - there is no sign of an "up" reappearing for a very long time indeed unless things change, and there is no sign of things changing.  Its all a simple but poignant reflection of what is going on around a family that has attended Carrow Road and very numerous away games over a number of years.

I am grateful to the many sensible posters who have replied and shared their experiences without resorting to obvious "one liners".  I am genuinely sorry that I and my son won''t be there next year - as many have said, we all have options on how we spend our hard earned cash and I simply cannot afford to throw it down the drain out of blind faith.  It doesn''t, however, detract from or lessen my families commitment to supporting NCFC as we always have done and hopefully, one day, we will return.

In the meantime, feel free to cast doubt and make pointless innuendo''s as you have done here - it does you and other (blind faith) supporters no credit whatsoever.  Best leave the posts to those who are intelligent enough to respond with sense and actual examples of their experiences - it makes for a far better and meaningful message board! 

[quote user="Mr C"]If you can''t take the ups and downs of supporting your footbal club then you might as well become a glory-hunter and support Man U.[/quote] I can put up with ups and downs but 2 solid years of downs is beginning to wear me down, Man U wouldn''t put up with such a dire stretch of management that''s for sure!

i too had to think long and hard before renewing my familys season tickets, the response from my 3 lads was we could go fishing instead, even if we catch nothing its better than watching norwich at the moment! that just about sums up how many of us feel so all those who say we are not real fans should be ashamed of yourselves, why do you always think the world is seen through green and yellow glasses? if there was entertainment on offer then people wouldnt be saying the things they have been

I''m glad you are not re-newing your season ticket, if you don''t want it there are people who will be happy to take you seat!

CITY TIL I DIE!