Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

OSP Minutes

Recommended Posts

On 30/04/2022 at 16:11, Greavsy said:

 

Your edit button not working FF? ūüėõ¬†

Perhaps they were watching the video you posted last week, 'Zoe Ward on successful women in business'

Alongside the no life outside football for Club Staff was Delia's motto 'don't be afraid of failure' plus an attempted description of the Club's headless organisation model.

Perhaps could be described as a horror movie? Then again I am sure the tedium at other times would prompt some customers to ask for a refund.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see the minutes were posted on here , looks like a lot of ground was covered, so well done to those members who contributed to that.

I'm fully supportive of these guys my only suggestion would be that the 12 panel members need to advertise when they have meetings and post the minutes on all the social media outlets & various message boards, so that more fans are aware/involved, rather than just updating the pinkun posters, maybe they will take that onboard for the future.

Hope they've enjoyed their first season & can build on that for next season.

@Feedthewolf @ncfcstar@Lessingham Canary

 

  

 

 

Edited by Diane
Tagged osp in so they see the post
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Diane said:

Good to see the minutes were posted on here , looks like a lot of ground was covered, so well done to those members who contributed to that.

I'm fully supportive of these guys my only suggestion would be that the 12 panel members need to advertise when they have meetings and post the minutes on all the social media outlets & various message boards, so that more fans are aware/involved, rather than just updating the pinkun posters, maybe they will take that onboard for the future.

Hope they've enjoyed their first season & can build on that for next season.

@Feedthewolf @ncfcstar@Lessingham Canary

 

  

 

 

Thanks Diane, I'm sure this is something that we can do for future meetings - I believe the next one is in July.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ncfcstar said:

Thanks Diane, I'm sure this is something that we can do for future meetings - I believe the next one is in July.

We can certainly ask. The club's social media output is something that has come in for some quite passionate discussion in recent times, especially as one member of the OSP actually runs a social media business and has worked with other PL clubs on strategy.

This also ties in to Zoe's acknowledgement in the most recent minutes that the club's comms strategy has been somewhat 'risk-averse' in recent times.

The flipside to this argument, though, is that when we first started out I asked Caroline (who was then in charge of the panel) whether I should start a thread on here to request fans' opinions on things. I did so, and it quickly became clear that this was resulting in too much granular detail and too many 'customer service'-style queries and complaints. As such, we then agreed that directly requesting individual fan input on social channels/forums was not the best way forward.

That said, I certainly don't think it's unreasonable to request that the club posts on social channels to inform fans when meeting minutes go live. If @Lessingham Canary is in agreement, I'll ask that question.

Regarding when the meetings happen ‚Äď they were originally three times a season, but we convinced the club that this was not frequent enough, so they now take place quarterly in July, October, January and April.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

We can certainly ask. The club's social media output is something that has come in for some quite passionate discussion in recent times, especially as one member of the OSP actually runs a social media business and has worked with other PL clubs on strategy.

This also ties in to Zoe's acknowledgement in the most recent minutes that the club's comms strategy has been somewhat 'risk-averse' in recent times.

The flipside to this argument, though, is that when we first started out I asked Caroline (who was then in charge of the panel) whether I should start a thread on here to request fans' opinions on things. I did so, and it quickly became clear that this was resulting in too much granular detail and too many 'customer service'-style queries and complaints. As such, we then agreed that directly requesting individual fan input on social channels/forums was not the best way forward.

That said, I certainly don't think it's unreasonable to request that the club posts on social channels to inform fans when meeting minutes go live. If @Lessingham Canary is in agreement, I'll ask that question.

Regarding when the meetings happen ‚Äď they were originally three times a season, but we convinced the club that this was not frequent enough, so they now take place quarterly in July, October, January and April.

I think Diane was suggesting that we as members give everyone a heads up, rather than the club necessary doing it.  I don't mind doing that here and on Twitter, so long as everyone understands as you say that it isn't a call to arms for every niggle (unless it's to do with the taps in the South Stand).

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ncfcstar said:

I think Diane was suggesting that we as members give everyone a heads up, rather than the club necessary doing it.  I don't mind doing that here and on Twitter, so long as everyone understands as you say that it isn't a call to arms for every niggle (unless it's to do with the taps in the South Stand).

Ah sure, apologies if I got the wrong end of the stick. Still think it'd be a good idea for the club to publish on SM when the latest minutes go live, though.

I'm not really active enough on SM to post on OSP matters... it's hard enough finding the time to post on here at the moment!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

it's hard enough finding the time to post on here at the moment!

Cmon Wolfie, we need 100% of you, not 90% my friend! ūüėä ūüė䬆

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Ah sure, apologies if I got the wrong end of the stick. Still think it'd be a good idea for the club to publish on SM when the latest minutes go live, though.

I'm not really active enough on SM to post on OSP matters... it's hard enough finding the time to post on here at the moment!

As James said you got the wrong end of the stick,  there's enough of you on the panel to cover  the various social media outlets , no need for the club to get involved other than to perhaps to include the link to your minutes in one of their many emails. 

Edited by Diane
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ncfcstar said:

I think Diane was suggesting that we as members give everyone a heads up, rather than the club necessary doing it.  I don't mind doing that here and on Twitter, so long as everyone understands as you say that it isn't a call to arms for every niggle (unless it's to do with the taps in the South Stand).

Sounds a good plan. The reason why the South Stand taps is important is because the scalding hot water is a Health and Safety hazard and it has been ongoing for an eternity. When a member of the public reports something it is far from clear that they talk to each other to ensure that conclusions are reached or the correct information is circulated to the enquirer or supporters in general.

Interesting to note that Lynette was the initiator and Zoe wasn't involved until meeting number 3. Perhaps Lynette was frustrated about lack of progress on teamwork?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Ah sure, apologies if I got the wrong end of the stick. Still think it'd be a good idea for the club to publish on SM when the latest minutes go live, though.

I'm not really active enough on SM to post on OSP matters... it's hard enough finding the time to post on here at the moment!

Wolfie, Many thanks for your time on these issues. Could I make some follow up summary points to yesterday and today:

1. Whilst acknowledging that the OSP should be strategic and not overburdened with low level complaints, the Club doesn't appear to have a system in place for support to more involved complaints or clear escalation procedures. Can something be done?

2. The Club has to engage in due diligence in recruiting all employees but they wouldn't go on the pitch with 10 men. Surely, they need to provide services to the required standard regardless?

3. The Club's Customer Service risk aversion strategy has been under severe strain for each of the last 2 weekends. Could they acknowledge that and act accordingly?

4. Whilst appreciating that it would be a further burden on your time which is of course given voluntarily, when such points are made in the wake of a meeting would it be possible to follow up with the Club now as action points for the next meeting? In addition, can any quick fix remedial actions be identified?

5. Confidentiality v. Transparency. Why should any items‚Äô at a supporters consultation meeting be declared ‚Äėconfidential‚Äô? This is particularly problematic for NCFC given that some supporters on the panel are presumably not shareholders whereas many non-panel members maybe. ¬†At the 2019 AGM,¬† MWJ promised transparency going forward. Can we please have further clarity on this? ¬†¬†¬†

Once again many thanks.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meeting quote : The Clubs communications strategy has been risk averse.

NCFC meaning : Tell the customer as little as possible whilst getting them to pay as much as possible.

Real meaning : Take the customers with you on the journey.

What happened next : The dam burst. High water everywhere.

The solution : Reinvent the cost effective plain English customer strategy of 20 years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/05/2022 at 12:44, essex canary said:

Wolfie, Many thanks for your time on these issues. Could I make some follow up summary points to yesterday and today:

1. Whilst acknowledging that the OSP should be strategic and not overburdened with low level complaints, the Club doesn't appear to have a system in place for support to more involved complaints or clear escalation procedures. Can something be done?

2. The Club has to engage in due diligence in recruiting all employees but they wouldn't go on the pitch with 10 men. Surely, they need to provide services to the required standard regardless?

3. The Club's Customer Service risk aversion strategy has been under severe strain for each of the last 2 weekends. Could they acknowledge that and act accordingly?

4. Whilst appreciating that it would be a further burden on your time which is of course given voluntarily, when such points are made in the wake of a meeting would it be possible to follow up with the Club now as action points for the next meeting? In addition, can any quick fix remedial actions be identified?

5. Confidentiality v. Transparency. Why should any items‚Äô at a supporters consultation meeting be declared ‚Äėconfidential‚Äô? This is particularly problematic for NCFC given that some supporters on the panel are presumably not shareholders whereas many non-panel members maybe. ¬†At the 2019 AGM,¬† MWJ promised transparency going forward. Can we please have further clarity on this? ¬†¬†¬†

Once again many thanks.  

Have  you ever considered  representing the section of fans that have the same views as you Ethics? You have a very clear vision of what other people should be doing with their positions  in the process.  

Do you have long arms? They come in handy when trying to drive from the backseat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/05/2022 at 19:00, Diane said:

Good to see the minutes were posted on here , looks like a lot of ground was covered, so well done to those members who contributed to that.

I'm fully supportive of these guys my only suggestion would be that the 12 panel members need to advertise when they have meetings and post the minutes on all the social media outlets & various message boards, so that more fans are aware/involved, rather than just updating the pinkun posters, maybe they will take that onboard for the future.

Hope they've enjoyed their first season & can build on that for next season.

@Feedthewolf @ncfcstar@Lessingham Canary

 

  

 

 

Thanks Diane, a lot of ground has been covered, but barely scratched the surface so far, guess that was always going to be the challenge for a new panel, not that anyone needs reminding, in our first year we have seen too many changes in club staffing within roles that interact with the OSP, we have had BK8, winter wonderland, Tap Gate, The Crouch Report, Mountaineering announcements and less than satisfactory football to watch, in many ways it has been a baptism of fire.

Agree we could possibly do more in keeping the wider fan base aware / involved, also agree that it should not just be on here, we are planning to have our own meeting as a panel ahead of the next meeting with the club in July and can certainly add that to our list, as well as having a social media expert on the panel, we have a PR guru, an ex FA employee to mention but a small selection (all true fans) that make for a really committed and supportive panel of members that represent many facets of the NCFC fan base.

With the new head of supporter engagement imminent and a clearer line of responsibility within the club in terms of Zoe Ward and Sam Hall for ongoing involvement with the panel i believe that the 2nd year will be a lot better structured and therefor more productive.

@ncfcstar @Feedthewolf will add anything they feel i have not mentioned that is relevant.

Edited by Lessingham Canary
grammar mistake
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lessingham Canary said:

Thanks Diane, a lot of ground has been covered, but barely scratched the surface so far, guess that was always going to be the challenge for a new panel, not that anyone needs reminding, in our first year we have seen too many changes in club staffing within roles that interact with the OSP, we have had BK8, winter wonderland, Tap Gate, The Crouch Report, Mountaineering announcements and less than satisfactory football to watch, in many ways it has been a baptism of fire.

Agree we could possibly do more in keeping the wider fan base aware / involved, also agree that it should not just be on here, we are planning to have our own meeting as a panel ahead of the next meeting with the club in July and can certainly add that to our list, as well as having a social media expert on the panel, we have a PR guru, an ex FA employee to mention but a small selection (all true fans) that make for a really committed and supportive panel of members that represent many facets of the NCFC fan base.

 

@ncfcstar @Feedthewolf 

Thanks Lessingham. A good Annual Report and good to see that the Panel has been able to impress and really make its mark at the last meeting. 

From my perspective the frustration is with senior Club Officials in that some of this stuff didn't just happen and may have been far better managed if the Chief Operating Officer post was still there or perhaps with what I suspect were much more modestly paid senior admin staff of 20 or so years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Thanks Lessingham. A good Annual Report and good to see that the Panel has been able to impress and really make its mark at the last meeting. 

From my perspective the frustration is with senior Club Officials in that some of this stuff didn't just happen and may have been far better managed if the Chief Operating Officer post was still there or perhaps with what I suspect were much more modestly paid senior admin staff of 20 or so years ago.

Understand your position fully Essex, you situation is one that is more unique and personal to yourself, and of course you have communicated it well with various people within the club, personally i can see both sides of your issue, and as previously stated its not something we can get involved in, the upside (if you agree) is that you do have a line of communication, even if its not your preferred option and can at least agree to disagree until such times something changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lessingham Canary said:

Understand your position fully Essex, you situation is one that is more unique and personal to yourself, and of course you have communicated it well with various people within the club, personally i can see both sides of your issue, and as previously stated its not something we can get involved in, the upside (if you agree) is that you do have a line of communication, even if its not your preferred option and can at least agree to disagree until such times something changes.

Thanks no problem. I have communicated with the Club directly on these issues and fully appreciate that relationships are sometimes delicate and good to see the Panel make progression.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...