Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

OSP Minutes

Well done to the Panel members. This is a great read with really challenging questions being asked. Looks like this initiative has turned the corner. The remit review may also help.

So is staff turnover in line with the average as per Zoes comments?

I certainly have no reason to not believe her over a load of people on here and twitter who may be making things up 🙃

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I certainly have no reason to not believe her over a load of people on here and twitter who may be making things up 🙃

Maybe it is on average but a lot of the churn seems to be in key customer facing roles.

Edited by essex canary

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I thought exactly the same. Who was it who said that we had a staff retention crisis? 🤔

Do you think it might be somebody with an agenda against the club 😉

Edited by Badger
Corrections

4 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Maybe it is on average but a lot of the churn seems to be in key staff facing roles.

I would have thought that most of the full-time staff had staff facing roles?

1 minute ago, Badger said:

I would have thought that most of the full-time staff had staff facing roles?

My error. I meant 'customer facing.'

1 hour ago, Badger said:

I thought exactly the same. Who was it who said that we had a staff retention crisis? 🤔

Do you think it might be somebody with an agenda against the club 😉

A 15% turnover but no mention of how many in key postions.That is the issue which was being talked about in recent threads.Don't let concern of what is going on besind the scenes down at Carrow Road get in the way of you claiming there is an agenda.by anybody. What did you expect ZW to  say exactly ?

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

National average she said. Interesting to know what NCFCs “average churn” is 

I’ve certainly seen a huge amount of “average churn” playing in green and yellow this season…

Thanks for sharing. May just be me but the notes suggest an organisation that is quite happily meandering along and reacting to events when they occur or when pushed into doing something because other clubs are doing it. 

The problem of getting youngsters into the ground doesn't seem to have been properly addressed for several years. My solution is to stop giving discounts to older fans. We would be better off in the long term giving cheap seats to young people. 

I'm off to hide behind the settee 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Thanks for sharing. May just be me but the notes suggest an organisation that is quite happily meandering along and reacting to events when they occur or when pushed into doing something because other clubs are doing it. 

The problem of getting youngsters into the ground doesn't seem to have been properly addressed for several years. My solution is to stop giving discounts to older fans. We would be better off in the long term giving cheap seats to young people. 

I'm off to hide behind the settee 

Now the Boomers are reaching the discounted age bracket it us definitely time to bin it off. When is enough enough for those guys? The generation who had it all yet still want more.

Any space behind that settee, @dylanisabaddog?!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

National average she said. Interesting to know what NCFCs “average churn” is 

Quite. A national average of 15% could mean 20% in metropolitan areas and 10% elsewhere in which case NCFC's is relatively high. 

The staff side representation at these meetings seems to have changed. Perhaps it would be good to see the Club Chairperson drop in to a future meeting?

Edited by essex canary

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

Now the Boomers are reaching the discounted age bracket it us definitely time to bin it off. When is enough enough for those guys? The generation who had it all yet still want more.

Any space behind that settee, @dylanisabaddog?!

I'm a Boomer (62) and I've never been better off in my life. I'll be even better off in 4 years time. Quite why I should be offered a discount is beyond me.

I'm sure the usual suspects will be along to say that other clubs give discounts but they totally miss the point that we are constantly at almost full capacity and we're going to miss out on a generation of supporters.  Clubs with 50,000 seats can afford to take a different approach. We can't. We can either spend £40m creating new seats or we can charge full price and if my generation doesn't want to pay their seats can be used to bring in the supporters of the future. 

Always space to hide behind the settee @canarydan23😂

56 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Quite. A national average of 15% could mean 20% in metropolitan areas and 10% elsewhere in which case NCFC's is relatively high. 

The staff side representation at these meetings seems to have changed. Perhaps it would be good to see the Club Chairperson drop in to a future meeting?

I suspect that traditionally the "churn" at Norwich City has been quite low if you don't count the football side of things where obviously churn is a part of life. 

11 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

A 15% turnover but no mention of how many in key postions.That is the issue which was being talked about in recent threads.Don't let concern of what is going on besind the scenes down at Carrow Road get in the way of you claiming there is an agenda.by anybody. What did you expect ZW to  say exactly ?

Heaven forfend that anyone think that you have an agenda or anything? 🤯

How could anyone possibly think that? 🤔

You, the man who posts so positively about everything Norwich City. 😁

The discount given to over65's is very high and remember there is a further discount at 75 for some areas ! However there are no concessions for centre seats in both The City Stand and South Stand which McNally put a stop to .
My seat receives a discount of £178 being over 65 which i agree with dylan should be reduced ( maybe over a 3 year period ) to bring it more into line with the full price.

6 minutes ago, Badger said:

Heaven forfend that anyone think that you have an agenda or anything? 🤯

How could anyone possibly think that? 🤔

You, the man who posts so positively about everything Norwich City. 😁

Selective viewing of the forum so just a shame you could't wait until i posted my last contribution.

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

The discount given to over65's is very high and remember there is a further discount at 75 for some areas ! However there are no concessions for centre seats in both The City Stand and South Stand which McNally put a stop to .
My seat receives a discount of £178 being over 65 which i agree with dylan should be reduced ( maybe over a 3 year period ) to bring it more into line with the full price.

Lack of concessions in certain parts of the grounds seems out of alignment with many other clubs. An obvious example of community values being compromised for commercial ones. Any CEO recommending this should have been vetoed by other Board members.

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Selective viewing of the forum so just a shame you could't wait until i posted my last contribution.

?

Concessions at football clubs should be used to make it a real community asset. For sure, give a bit of a pensioner discount, a little pat on the back and rub of the head for reaching 65 and paying plenty in for several decades. However, there is something slightly awry about a chap in his 20s or 30s with a couple of kids to pay for, struggling to justify his continued expense whilst his family's tax credits are needed to top up wages to put food on everyone's plate, paying £200 more for the same thing than the Boomer in front of him collecting a tasty, final-salary pension and enjoying rental income from a second property (probably from a tenant on tax credits who has to pay £200 more for a season ticket should they want one).

I don't know what the answer is, or how to target discounted seats to those who deserve it, but the current system doesn't make sense. Pension discounts only made sense because when they were introduced, those over 60 or 65 tended to be society's poorest demographic. They're fast becoming, if they aren't already, the wealthiest.

• Thanks 1

Season tickets have been within the reach of virtually everyone for a long time now. And obviously if the ground is all seating then it has to be. Maybe L1 and L2 can do things differently. So the choice has gone for a club like us apart from where you are seated in the ground.

But I am amazed that the Club offers discounts if there is a waiting list. Good luck to all who are getting one.

36 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Season tickets have been within the reach of virtually everyone for a long time now. And obviously if the ground is all seating then it has to be. Maybe L1 and L2 can do things differently. So the choice has gone for a club like us apart from where you are seated in the ground.

But I am amazed that the Club offers discounts if there is a waiting list. Good luck to all who are getting one.

NO!

They should pay us all to go as background props for the cameras.

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I'm a Boomer (62) and I've never been better off in my life. I'll be even better off in 4 years time. Quite why I should be offered a discount is beyond me.

I'm sure the usual suspects will be along to say that other clubs give discounts but they totally miss the point that we are constantly at almost full capacity and we're going to miss out on a generation of supporters.  Clubs with 50,000 seats can afford to take a different approach. We can't. We can either spend £40m creating new seats or we can charge full price and if my generation doesn't want to pay their seats can be used to bring in the supporters of the future. 

Always space to hide behind the settee @canarydan23😂

Good luck to you but many of us dont have the same level of pension that you appear to have. I was certainly much better off working than I am now as a pensioner.

Let's have a society like in that movie 'Logan's Run' in a dystopian ageist future society....."Ok City fan you've reached the ripe old age of 30 it's now time for you to go.....Now off you pop".....

And here's me thinkin' euthanasia was about teenagers in the far east?.....

Would the Stadium concourses and refreshment areas also be selling Soylent Green?....

13 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

That she is in bed with Wynnie.