Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

Someone is sorry. A Fan apologises.

Otherthan his language he has absolutely no reason to apologise.

We'll now await what Webber has to say in response.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

“Other than his language?” You do know that you can be arrested for using threatening or abusive language, don’t you?  If it is on film, an apology is most sensible.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

If the owners / Webber were at all mindful of good PR, this gesture would be reciprocated immediately. 

I do love those awkward staged handshake photos that the press publish. 🙂

15 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

“Other than his language?” You do know that you can be arrested for using threatening or abusive language, don’t you?  If it is on film, an apology is most sensible.

That means most of Carra Rud would be arrested most home games!!🙈🙈

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

No, the world needs fewer Gary's.

I think the world is getting its wish...

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/no-garys-left-in-britain-by-2050-2015030696029

As to the article, I can't help thinking this is an embittered Archant waging a campaign against a man refusing to engage with them. I think Webber is a 🔔end don't get me wrong, but this is all a little unedifying from the local rag. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

No, the world needs fewer Gary's.

The world definitely needs fewer apostrophes 🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

The world definitely needs fewer apostrophes 🤣

True, but more Norfolk dialect. Don’t be embarrassed Gary. 

Long-serving City fan Gary, who has asked just to be referred to by his first name, was one of the small group stood outside the main entrance when Webber emerged to confront supporters following a 3-0 Premier League defeat to Newcastle United.  

🤫🤣🤣🤣🤫🤫 Gary ? What a scoop 👏 he already told us his full name ffs. Never mind about Gary with the second name of a country . WTF just get an exclusive from the 🔔 end .

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

If the owners / Webber were at all mindful of good PR, this gesture would be reciprocated immediately. 

I have a feeling that the club think if they stay silent for long enough the rumblings of discontent will go away but relegation if confirmed before the West Ham game will have a far larger crowd outside the directors entrance to remind them that events will get even worse with a section of the fanbase.

52 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I have a feeling that the club think if they stay silent for long enough the rumblings of discontent will go away but relegation if confirmed before the West Ham game will have a far larger crowd outside the directors entrance to remind them that events will get even worse with a section of the fanbase.

Signs of an administrator in charge, rather than someone with a commercial background.  

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

No way am I wrecking a very personal decent bed sheet by writing anti NCFC board and 'go now' DoF slogans on....

Although some of my sheets do have questionable and difficult to remove stains on them....Y'know....spilt cocoa, night emissions, KY jelly, botty skid marks, negligent discharges, laydeez passion fluid, blood sweat an' beers an' some other really unrecognisable stuff....

Anyway I'll be there outside an' vociferously protesting with my ten year old unwashed boxer shorts on my head....."It'll take a brave club steward or one of 'Norfolk's Finest' in blue to move me along....Covid will be the least of their worries....mark my words!...

Edited by Mello Yello
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

No way am I wrecking a very personal decent bed sheet by writing anti NCFC board and 'go now' DoF slogans on....

Although some of my sheets do have questionable and difficult to remove stains on them....Y'know....spilt cocoa, night emissions, KY jelly, botty skid marks, laydeez passion fluid, blood sweat an' beers an' some other really unrecognisable stuff....

Anyway I'll be there outside an' vociferously protesting with my ten year old unwashed boxer shorts on my head....."It'll take a brave club steward or one of 'Norfolk's Finest' in blue to move me along....Covid will be the least of their worries....mark my words!...

Plod and the stewards already have your card marked.

Comedy crisis? Pass me the underpants and two pencils... | Express & Star

12 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Plod and the stewards already have your card marked.

Comedy crisis? Pass me the underpants and two pencils... | Express & Star

"Wibble"....

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Otherthan his language he has absolutely no reason to apologise.

We'll now await what Webber has to say in response.

He will say absolutely nothing

1 minute ago, AJ said:

He will say absolutely nothing

100%  90% 

• Haha 3

I think Gary hit’s a few nail’s on their head’s. Some fair points and why should Archant publish his perspective. He was plastered all over twitter. A chance to justify his feelings is surely the right thing to do if possible. 

Fair play Gary.

Makes me laugh that they say he only wished to be identified as Gary then Archant put words to the effect that “he can be seen in the brown jacket in the pictures” this rendering any benefit of  withholding his surname lost! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

That is Mock the Week gone for a start. Followed by most dramas on TV and many movies apart from animation.

Profanity was invented for such situations.

But fair play to him he has apologised for shouting it out in public.

14 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

What about an accidental profanity? 

image.png.d5c6256062d7d01baf3b5cecd4f5769a.png

I love the fact someone felt the need to explain this in a caption below.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I love the fact someone felt the need to explain this in a caption below.

I guess its for the hard of intelligence - I merely copied the image. 

Webber needs to drop a resignation sized apology.

Still cant believe the little twerp has the audacity to head up Everest

I admire the guy for doing this. Apologising is one of the hardest things in the world, and doing it in public must be doubly hard.

I wonder if Webber will respond by apologising to the fans for losing his head and tarnishing the club's reputation.

I'm not holding my breath.

23 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Webber needs to drop a resignation sized apology.

Still cant believe the little twerp has the audacity to head up Everest

… in 2024. Which I only realised earlier today. FFS.

I would like Webber to come out and apologise for his behaviour in the unprofessional incident, acknowledge the fact that Gary has had the decency to do so in public and inform all of us Norwich fans how they are going to rectify all the wrongs from this disastrous season. 

• Like 1

Webber's just the latest scapegoat for those who require a scapegoat. Farke was made a scapegoat by a section of fans that was creating an increasingly toxic atmosphere and that was what forced Webber's hand to dispense with Farke. Farke himself clearly understood that in the manner of his response. Webber then went on to secure a very capable replacement in Dean Smith. 

To blame Webber for signings to have disappointed when everybody knows we shop from the bargain bin is just totally ridiculous. Webber has been an outstanding servant of the club who is well on the way to becoming yet another alienated ex-servant that the club will be worse off without. 

With regard to Gary, good on him for apologising. 

• Like 3