Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

The "best" Championship defenders

Source: I don't know a buch of guys who stare at data and numbers all day as their jobs so I imagine they know what they are talking about. Would you take any of these over our current defenders?

2hbjet6yk3w81.jpg

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Chris Basham is 33. Tim Ream must be over 90 by now. Atkinson, Greaves, Wilmot and Van der Berg are all within our target age range. I've no idea if they are any good. But do we need them? Are Gibson and Hanley moving on?

I would be happy with Hanley, Gibson, and Omobamidele before any of those, but assume we should be looking for a fourth unless any of those out on loan have done enough to merit a chance.. 

Personally I'd be happy with Zimmermann as a 4th/5th choice centre back in the Championship. No idea whether either of Famewo or Bushiri will be deemed good enough for us next season or whether they think Tomkinson is ready to step up.

Of those on the OP's list Greaves has already been linked with us. 

• Like 1

Throw in Sorenson as fourth or fifth choice and you know it’s not all doom and gloom.

Edited by Ulfotto

34 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

Throw in Sorenson as fourth or fifth choice and you know it’s not all doom and gloom.

Sorenson needs to be playing DM next season and excelling there, or shipped out for someone who can.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Sorenson needs to be playing DM next season and excelling there, or shipped out for someone who can.

Personally in think his best position could be right back. 

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Source: I don't know a buch of guys who stare at data and numbers all day as their jobs so I imagine they know what they are talking about. Would you take any of these over our current defenders?

2hbjet6yk3w81.jpg

Van Der Berg is on loan from Liverpool.

3 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Needs to be playing now.....

• Like 1

Wouldn't mind going for Nat Phillips if Bournemouth don't go up. Rob Dickie looks a good CB. Wouldn't suprise me to see him move to the prem this summer.

21 hours ago, Ulfotto said:

Personally in think his best position could be right back. 

He'll be right back in Denmark.