Sign in to follow this  
Heading South

Kruls message

If you wanted to attract suitors in the summer you wouldn’t come across as a negative Nigel in your (probably) final interview for the season would you??

Not saying he is going but I would probably say, after 4 tumultuous seasons, that he’s earned a move away now. 

21 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

If you wanted to attract suitors in the summer you wouldn’t come across as a negative Nigel in your (probably) final interview for the season would you??

Not saying he is going but I would probably say, after 4 tumultuous seasons, that he’s earned a move away now. 

I don't see Krul being first choice at any EPL club, so if he moves I suspect it will be overseas - maybe back to Holland? I thought when we bought Gunn last year that might indicate that Krul would move on this summer. He's been great for us overall after a very shaky start.

10 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

He is one of the few players to come out of the season with any credit so it would be a real shame if he moves on. I don't think he will tho. 

His main consideration may well be the  world cup. Not sure what the Dutch coach has said about having to play too flight football. I'd say he needs to be playing regularly and I'm not sure he'd be a number one for any premier league clubs. Don't know about abroad. He's spent the majority of his career here and has an English wife so it may not be what he wants. Plus who would want to stop living in Mulbarton!

The danger may be more next summer if we don't go up. He's done ok in the world cup and would be happier to perhaps be a number two at a bigger club and take more money for a few European/cup games and a realistic chance of winning a big trophy. 

• Like 1

Gotta believe to the last kick as a pro. It's just part of the mindset of speak it, receive it that gets drilled into them.

Not sure this message is about moving away so much, but if I were to be cynical the pay cut alone should be a motivating factor to rally the troops.

1 minute ago, Chelm Canary said:

What was the message?

He said "It's like a jungle sometimes, it makes me wonder, How I keep from going under".

Then went on about broken glass and people urinating in the street.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, sgncfc said:

I don't see Krul being first choice at any EPL club, so if he moves I suspect it will be overseas - maybe back to Holland? I thought when we bought Gunn last year that might indicate that Krul would move on this summer. He's been great for us overall after a very shaky start.

Although prone to the odd mistake (like most GKs) I think he has had a decent season all things considered. In terms of comparing to PL keepers, he would be an upgrade on Southampton and Palace's keepers for me and I'm sure I read somewhere Pope of Burnley is being touted for a move so if they retain PL status they could be an option. But like I and many others have said should Pukki go, if Krul decides for one last payday in PL or abroad he should go with our gratitude and thanks for the past 4 seasons

Edited by Don’t be Krul

26 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

He said "It's like a jungle sometimes, it makes me wonder, How I keep from going under".

Then went on about broken glass and people urinating in the street.

Quality reference! 

• Thanks 2

Yeah, the usual cliched stuff from a pro footballer.

I notice he didn't mention Ronaldo's freekick and the howler for Newcastle's 3rd.

Like @sgncfc I've suspected this would be his last season after we signed Gunn, regardless of division,  and he may have told the club as much, hence splashing cash for a backup GK. He's not got many seasons left so if he has ambitions to play in Holland it needs to be sooner rather than later.

He'll leave with best wishes for sure. However, of his four seasons with us, this has easily been his second worst in terms of individual performance. Hopefully if he does go Gunn can be as good as he was in the Championship under Farke and regain the confidence needed to turn him into an EPL level keeper.

More player bullsh1t that we get virtually every week before games. Why can’t they just shut up and focus on doing their jobs to a much better standard than they have this season. 😡😡

• Sad 1