Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Cantwell Tonight

Not sure if he has a injury but he hasn't even made it on to the bench for their game tonight.

He really has wasted a whole season.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Stop the press he says he has a minor injury. Bruised ego maybe

Edited by Move Klose
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, canarybubbles said:

The nightmare end to a nightmare season. We get Poison Ivy back.

That's 3 managers this season that have left him out of a match day squad. Common denominator

Damn, that's not good.  Maybe I'm a softy but I do feel FOR the guy.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think you'll find Cantwell has had a hard time of things tbh hence the move to Bournemouth. Just saying...they are human. He could be massive for us if he sorts things out.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, tea total said:

I think you'll find Cantwell has had a hard time of things tbh hence the move to Bournemouth. Just saying...they are human. He could be massive for us if he sorts things out.

Well said. Just because he’s a very well paid footballer doesn’t make him immune from potentially mental health hiccups.

I for one hope he comes back, smashes it with us and gives a lot of people a very large slice of humble pie. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, tea total said:

He has one year left on his contract, there's no way he plays for us again. There's no way we risk losing a player for free when potentially we could get a decent fee for him this summer. 

29 minutes ago, percy varco said:

Isn’t that a sauce advert for chicken?

Are you implying that Cantwell is Chicken?

If so, well said.

Oh, and I see he's got another "minor injury".

In other words, he didn't fancy it

14 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

He has one year left on his contract, there's no way he plays for us again. There's no way we risk losing a player for free when potentially we could get a decent fee for him this summer. 

This does make perfect sense but you never know, things may change when Webber goes.

Seasons over for him with 0 assists and 0 goals.

And to think some once thought we could get up to 30 million for him.. Doubt we would even get a fiver nowadays. Oh well nobody to blame but himself

25 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

2.0 down and Forest take the lead at Fulham. 

Forest 2 points behind and they have to play each other next week.

Supposedly if Bournemouth don't go up they're going to have to shift their big earners.

35 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Forest 2 points behind and they have to play each other next week.

Supposedly if Bournemouth don't go up they're going to have to shift their big earners.

We might end up with Billings after all!

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

Damn, that's not good.  Maybe I'm a softy but I do feel the guy.

I think if you feel the guy that makes you less of a softy, more of a sex pest 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Virtual reality said:

H

1 hour ago, Virtual reality said:

He must have felt he needed to mention he picked up an injury as the post failed to perhaps as he’s feeling insecure of his place and contribution. I heard he was playing as part of a midfield three which is baffling. 

2 hours ago, WD40 said:

H

He must have felt he needed to mention he picked up an injury as the post failed to perhaps as he’s feeling insecure of his place and contribution. I heard he was playing as part of a midfield three which is baffling. 

Yes, as a number 8, where its been him and Billing competing for the same position.

Bizarre, as he doesn't have the physicality to play that position nor the discipline. I don't think its been the best loan move for him in all honesty even if Bournemouth themselves have done well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

I think if you feel the guy that makes you less of a softy, more of a sex pest 😂

Fake news!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Move Klose said:

Unfortunately his stock has plummeted. I doubt we will have any offers for him that will significantly help the balance sheet.

11 hours ago, tea total said:

There is a player there that can be very effective on the championship. Would be good tontry and help him get back to the levels he was a few years ago..

• Like 1

It's an intriguing situation now, as there's no way he will attract the sort of price we would want, nor will he likely attract the level of team he thinks he should.

You would hope it's been an eye-opening year for him and he comes back in ready to work himself back on track. But are those bridges already burnt?

If I was a betting man, I think he will go out on loan to Greece or Holland with a nominal fee attached late in the window. Spend a few years out there then wind up back in the Champ with a QPR or Preston.

10 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

But are those bridges already burnt?

With Webber looking likely to go, maybe not.  Hard to say unless anyone knows what the underlying issues were, and if there's any personal baggage who that is connected to.

I'd be more worried about Cantwell just being a broken player, and thus us wasting time on trying to accommodate him because of his potential ability and value.  That's where the bridge has probably been burnt the most - lack of trust in his ability to get his head down and back on his game.

8 hours ago, CirclePoint said:

Unfortunately his stock has plummeted. I doubt we will have any offers for him that will significantly help the balance sheet.

Thats not true in the slightest, we are not in position to turn down say £5m for a player who couldn't really care less and would be happy to see out a season in u23s. £5m for a new RB or DM is hardly something to be sniffed at.

22 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

With Webber looking likely to go, maybe not.  Hard to say unless anyone knows what the underlying issues were, and if there's any personal baggage who that is connected to.

I'd be more worried about Cantwell just being a broken player, and thus us wasting time on trying to accommodate him because of his potential ability and value.  That's where the bridge has probably been burnt the most - lack of trust in his ability to get his head down and back on his game.

Yeah I do wonder if Webber moves on does that change the Cantwell equation- those two clearly do not have a good relationship.

TC had a personal falling out with Farke and the club backed Farke as they should, once Smith came in Cantwell was given another chance but didn't get on with Smith either hence the loan to Bournemouth. If you're giving your all for the club then they will accept most personal disagreements (even with the manager) as long as the team isn't affected, Cantwell didn't do that and clearly hasn't impressed Scott Parker so you have to wonder if he really has the mental strength/resolve to be a top footballer. 

• Like 1