Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

Norwich Evening News | Do you really want this job Webber?

Anyone got a copy of this, and is it real?

qvjgzamjevv81.jpg

Credit to them for calling him out for ducking an interview, not often local media show such balls.

"If you change your mind, you know where we are Mr Webber." is quite a statement to put on the front page.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 3

Blimey! That's the equivalent of a red 'rag' to a bull for Webber! 

Full credit to Archant for showing some balls and tackling a very tricky issue. There will be fury from the Stowmarket Two for sure. Very interesting to see how this pans out.  

• Like 1

About time those that get paid a huge amount of money working for the club, get pressure when they don't deliver.

Time to go Webber.

I would rather a Neil Adams that wants to be here than someone who clearly doesn't.

Will 100% support Adams.

• Like 1

I thought he’s gone on record to say he won’t talk to the local press until the season is finished. That’s what Southwell said in the Pink Un podcast the other day.

In that sense why would Webber want to talk about The Times interview now when he’s likely going to clarify both his position and roadmap into the summer and beyond once the dust has settled on relegation?

To me this just looks like Archant taking a pop. Sure Webber needs to outline his intent but not sure this is the right way to go about things from the local paper. 

Excellent. The snubbing of local news is him walking the walk of an arrogant and condescending attitude to Norwich in general; he doesn’t want his identity associated with the club, losing doesn’t bother him.

Glad he’s being called out and long may it continue. 

16 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

I thought he’s gone on record to say he won’t talk to the local press until the season is finished. That’s what Southwell said in the Pink Un podcast the other day.

In that sense why would Webber want to talk about The Times interview now when he’s likely going to clarify both his position and roadmap into the summer and beyond once the dust has settled on relegation?

To me this just looks like Archant taking a pop. Sure Webber needs to outline his intent but not sure this is the right way to go about things from the local paper. 

It is OK to say 'I'm not going to discuss this season on the pitch until it is over.'

However there is no reason to not address the Times interview and his confrontation with the fans right now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, king canary said:

It is OK to say 'I'm not going to discuss this season on the pitch until it is over.'

However there is no reason to not address the Times interview and his confrontation with the fans right now. 

I think he's smart enough to know that the chances of Archant or anyone NCFC-related sticking to just the Times interview to be futile, and that he may as well wait until we're confirmed relegated, which could of course be very soon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

I think he's smart enough to know that the chances of Archant or anyone NCFC-related sticking to just the Times interview to be futile, and that he may as well wait until we're confirmed relegated, which could of course be very soon.

I'm sure he could easily dictate the terms of the interview and not answer anything else.

The silence is just a bad look for a man who is already coming across as arrogant and out of touch. 

Just now, king canary said:

I'm sure he could easily dictate the terms of the interview and not answer anything else.

The silence is just a bad look for a man who is already coming across as arrogant and out of touch. 

He'd probably argue he came out to dialogue with fans and got called a c*nt repeatedly. 

I doubt he'll be here next season now, and I don't think him coming out now will make a jot of difference to anything. People have long decided their views on him.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

He'd probably argue he came out to dialogue with fans and got called a c*nt repeatedly. 

I doubt he'll be here next season now, and I don't think him coming out now will make a jot of difference to anything. People have long decided their views on him.

If you think he came out for a measured dialogue with fans on Saturday then I've got a bridge to sell you...

Just now, king canary said:

If you think he came out for a measured dialogue with fans on Saturday then I've got a bridge to sell you...

What did you think he was going to do? Lump one of them? Again, there's no point shouting at someone and calling him a c*nt and then expecting him to have a level conversation. It's double standards gone absolutely crazy.

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

What did you think he was going to do? Lump one of them? Again, there's no point shouting at someone and calling him a c*nt and then expecting him to have a level conversation. It's double standards gone absolutely crazy.

I think he was pissed off and looking to have a bit of a slanging match to be honest. I think he got exactly what he wanted although he may now regret it. 

The idea he went out hoping to have a nice measured chat but turned when he got called a bad word is just laughably naive to be honest and I don't actually think you believe it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

I think he was pissed off and looking to have a bit of a slanging match to be honest. I think he got exactly what he wanted although he may now regret it. 

The idea he went out hoping to have a nice measured chat but turned when he got called a bad word is just laughably naive to be honest and I don't actually think you believe it. 

I have absolutely no idea what his intentions were but he's never had a slanging match at our fans before, so I don't think it's right to assume that he'd have behaved in the same way our fans did. No-one has to like the guy to admit that having a bunch of 'fans' call him a c*nt is what happened, how Webber would have spoken without that behaviour starting it is pure conjecture. You don't know and I don't. 

For what it's worth, he was stupid to go out at all. It was stupid for him to speak to anyone. Football fans of a club not doing well love to attack at any given opportunity and put blame somewhere.

I think it's down to the intervention of his wife Zoe that the Evening News headline isn't far worse....Stu's a lucky fella....

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Excellent. The snubbing of local news is him walking the walk of an arrogant and condescending attitude to Norwich in general; he doesn’t want his identity associated with the club, losing doesn’t bother him.

Glad he’s being called out and long may it continue. 

To be honest, the owners seem to snub the local news too these days. Happy to give interviews in the Times or to all manner of national outlets to plug Delia's new book but can't really recall any interviews in recent times with the local press?

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I have absolutely no idea what his intentions were but he's never had a slanging match at our fans before, so I don't think it's right to assume that he'd have behaved in the same way our fans did. No-one has to like the guy to admit that having a bunch of 'fans' call him a c*nt is what happened, how Webber would have spoken without that behaviour starting it is pure conjecture. You don't know and I don't. 

For what it's worth, he was stupid to go out at all. It was stupid for him to speak to anyone. Football fans of a club not doing well love to attack at any given opportunity and put blame somewhere.

He has previously said he'd like to punch our fans in the face before........

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

On that last point we agree. 

It may sound harsh but fundamentally if you're going to take a senior job in football you might have to put up with a few nobodies calling you some bad words every now and then, especially if you're going to position yourself as a guy who 'calls a spade a spade' as Webber clearly likes to. 

56 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Only when Webber has upset Phillips - its green for go for stuff like this!

Edited by shefcanary

Yeah, yeah yeah! If it's a credible EEN front page article, then our club Matriarch 'Deals no Deals' will immediately despatch  NCFC '70s **** Star Tash' Director Stephan 'what do you actually do mate?' Phillips. Who will now with facial cheek veins throbbing be stomping down Rouen Road and heading direct for Archant Towers intending to give some Editor or young paper hack a bl00dy good talking to!...."How very dare you hey! How very dare youuuu!!!!".....

But then maybe not, and it's all just a load o' ballcocks....Imagine the local media ever really criticising or giving the club a hard time?....Meh....Tsk....

Edited by Mello Yello
**** = P0rn

Fake. No chance the local media would take aim like that and risk their cosy relationship with the club.

14 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Pfft, as if. This is the internet. Nobody lies on the internet

stuart.png

Ask our very own pete raven cc.

Screenshot_20220426-115720_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Danke bitte said:

How you doing?    Think it’s fair to say the season is finished, he may as well get on with it.    

Must admit it’s a surprise but fair play to the press!    Time to get back to some transparency which is how we all appreciate the club!     

1 minute ago, ged in the onion bag said:

How you doing?    Think it’s fair to say the season is finished, he may as well get on with it.    

Must admit it’s a surprise but fair play to the press!    Time to get back to some transparency which is how we all appreciate the club!     

I’m good cheers mate - hope you are too?! 

I am surprised by the press and was also surprised by the Pink Un podcast in how honest Davitt and Southwell were in their appraisal of the situation on the back of the other day. 

Clearly Webber’s rattled Archant’s cage. The more I think on it the more a soundbite of something wouldn’t go amiss from the club; Webber publicly declaring his intentions by way of The Times was probably not the best way to go about it. 

48 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I don't for one moment condone fans calling him a 'c u next tuesday' which is really offensive. However, the point surely is not the 'conversation' he / the fans may have wanted but the offensive hand gesture that Webber gave to his detractors. If a Norwich player was subbed and gave that gesture to irate as he walked off the pitch, then said player would have been immediately disciplined / fined / suspended by the club for.........'bringing the club into disrepute'.  Webber has done exactly the same and should receive same punishment.