Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

Foreman to replace Webber?

Off topic, but anyone got any thoughts? 

image.png.0f12734be4123bff9cdb216360de56b2.png

I love the taste of a true charcoal bbq but the foremans you can just plugin and go, and not have to micro manage the heat distribution.

However, you do need a power extension and it perhaps lacks the charm of a real barbie?

• Haha 1

Foreman is the MK Dons of barbecues. Just created to make money. It will never be considered a real barbecue by real barbecue fans.

Edited by The Raptor

4 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

Foreman is the MK Dons of barbecues. Just created to make money. It will never be considered a real barbecue by real barbecue fans.

I don't have a barbecue fan. Where do you get them from. I have every other known utensil and must confess have been gas for a number of years now.

Call me a Philistine if you wish but they could more even and no turning sausages into charcoal sticks.

I'm worried now as my neighbour often tells me he likes the smell of 'real' barbecues.  He once brought me some chicory round and said "Do it properly"... I didn't offer him any food though, as he refused to hang around.   Perhaps he's part of this extremist group?

Maybe sticking with Webber is the safer option, after all.... I don't wanna be strangled with the cord of a foreman in my own garden whilst mid-grill.

Wonder what Delia would do.... hmm.

Edited by Google Bot

2 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Wonder what Delia would do.... hmm.

If she had any real sense she would have marketed her own Barbeque many years ago and made a killing - but it's all about self funding and DIY ain't it ..... 🙂 

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

If she had any real sense she would have marketed her own Barbeque many years ago and made a killing - but it's all about self funding and DIY ain't it ..... 🙂 

How about self lighting barbecues that only work for one summer?

5 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I don't have a barbecue fan. Where do you get them from. I have every other known utensil and must confess have been gas for a number of years now.

Call me a Philistine if you wish but they could more even and no turning sausages into charcoal sticks.

Charcoal stick sausages are the best. I have never been so disappointed. 

1 hour ago, 1902 said:

Charcoal stick sausages are the best. I have never been so disappointed. 

They’re satisfyingly good for scrawling “ F*** Off  Webber “ and “ Delia Out “ all around Carrow Rd.

It does tend to ease my disappointment

7 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I love my Webber, but I've got a shed of charcoal & lighters that I barely use as it's just a pain in the tzolis.

That is why Webber is Getting carried up Everest i can see the advert now 

"Webber's  BBQ's are top of the world as he cooks a nice burger at the peak "

11 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Big Weber fan myself (not Stuart), got 3 of the damn things. Highly recommend getting a smoker.

Got a colleague at work that raves about his smoker. His brother-in-law being a butcher/smoker fanatic helps as well.

Just very recently acquired a 'half-and-half;' gas on one side, charcoal on the other with a gas hob on the side. Definitely the poshest bbq I ever had. Never owned a gas bbq before; I'm a bit old-school and I like the ritual of lighting & managing the coals but the convenience of the gas grill has its charms. I've used the charcoal side a couple of times already and it seems a little slow. I haven't even got the cylinder yet to try the gas side but I'm mildly worried that being greedy & looking to have both types of bbq in one unit may result in neither side doing the job to the high standards I desire. We shall see.

1 hour ago, paddycanary said:

Just very recently acquired a 'half-and-half;' gas on one side, charcoal on the other with a gas hob on the side. Definitely the poshest bbq I ever had

Wow, that's the stuff of dreams with this current weather.  It almost seems cruel that you're telling us about it without offering a free tasting session. 🙂

We'd scour the continent seeking out some German engineering perfection and end up with some cheap option that doesn't do what's it's supposed to:

images (1).jpeg

Edited by Canario

11 hours ago, Canario said:

We'd scour the continent seeking out some German engineering perfection and end up with some cheap option that doesn't do what's it's supposed to:

images (1).jpeg

And sets half the countryside aflame in the hands of idiots! 😉

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, paddycanary said:

Just very recently acquired a 'half-and-half;' gas on one side, charcoal on the other with a gas hob on the side. Definitely the poshest bbq I ever had. Never owned a gas bbq before; I'm a bit old-school and I like the ritual of lighting & managing the coals but the convenience of the gas grill has its charms. I've used the charcoal side a couple of times already and it seems a little slow. I haven't even got the cylinder yet to try the gas side but I'm mildly worried that being greedy & looking to have both types of bbq in one unit may result in neither side doing the job to the high standards I desire. We shall see.

Sounds intriguing. What is the make/model if you dont mind me asking?

I use gas and charcoal, both have their pros and cons. Gas bbq is very handy if you fancy a quick cheeseburger for lunch on a saturday. Also use it to do beer can chicken on indirect heat, lovely!

35 minutes ago, Satriales said:

I use gas and charcoal, both have their pros and cons. Gas bbq is very handy if you fancy a quick cheeseburger for lunch on a saturday. Also use it to do beer can chicken on indirect heat, lovely!

That is the beauty of gas ones. Fancy cooking outside, saving the cooker in the kitchen and hardly any mess to go into landfill or incinerator.

15 hours ago, Google Bot said:

I love my Webber, but I've got a shed of charcoal & lighters that I barely use as it's just a pain in the tzolis.

I should clear them out if we have a hot summer🌞🔥

44 minutes ago, Satriales said:

beer can chicken

*Scccrrreeeeeecccchhh*

WAIT... What?  Why has no-one told me about this before?!

3 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

*Scccrrreeeeeecccchhh*

WAIT... What?  Why has no-one told me about this before?!

Loads of videos out there on youtube. Definitely worth giving it a try! Roast chicken in the oven just doesnt compare.

On 26/04/2022 at 10:47, Satriales said:

Here she is Satriales. My new baby. Believe it or not, I can't find a model or brand name anywhere on it! I bought it second hand, so I don't know where it came from. But I do know that we just had a very satisfying meal! Yum.

BBQ1.thumb.JPG.a25a5d54336bfa1ee7b030bdaef92e5e.JPG

BBQ2.thumb.JPG.e72535da74cb8066c460684e6d11a3c9.JPG

On 26/04/2022 at 10:47, Satriales said:

And on a related topic, a friend of mine once challenged me to say the above (beer can) without sounding like someone from Jamaica saying 'bacon.' Try it out!

3 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

Here she is Satriales. My new baby. Believe it or not, I can't find a model or brand name anywhere on it! I bought it second hand, so I don't know where it came from. But I do know that we just had a very satisfying meal! Yum.

BBQ1.thumb.JPG.a25a5d54336bfa1ee7b030bdaef92e5e.JPG

BBQ2.thumb.JPG.e72535da74cb8066c460684e6d11a3c9.JPG

Haha, looks like a beast!

• Like 2

We've just got ourselves an Aldi special ceramic egg. My first try at slow n low pulled pork is currently 4 hours in...