Sign in to follow this  
urdie_Canary

is milot rashica actually any good ?

I’ve never really got the hype some supporters have towards him. He could improve with more experience of playing in England but he’s nearly 26 now.
If he stays, like a few of our players, he’ll  be good in the championship. Just don’t see him being good enough at the top level. Especially his end product. I don’t see much difference between him and Hernandez to be honest. 

• Like 1

Yes. And and so is Tzolis and Gunn and Sargent. Sargent and Tzolis are raw and Webber knew that when they were bought and some of the fans as well. Gunn want's a bit of a redemption arc and to be near his family. Rashica has proven in the past that he is quality and we got him for a coup of a price. One word that bandies around my head is Confidence, all of them have had the confidence shot out of them by various amounts of undue and somewhat unreasonable pressure either by our club or before. Footballers aren't machines they have intricate psychological feelings, just like you or I. But I feel people don't really think about that, just what they can produce.

• Like 2

I don’t think he’s that bad, but nor am I totally convinced - you want guys like him to take on and beat players, but the number of times he doesn’t manage it is too high.  Maybe a year tearing up the Championship will do him wonders, if he stays.

• Like 2

He's clearly got talent, but very little end product.  We've had a lot of players like that over the years, though.

My fear with him is that he thinks he's better than he is and becomes unsettled end of season - as the comment above says a year in the championship could be what he needs to hone his final delivery/decision making.

• Like 1

I think he has benefited from comparison with the rest of the recruits this season because he has been head and shoulders above most of them.

Maybe he'll come good next year if he stays.

• Like 4

He could benefit from a year in the championship to regain complete full fitnesss / sharpness. Whether he see's himself too good to drop down is the question, which I expect he will. Has only shown glimpses of what he can do at times.

Two relegations on his CV does not lead me to believe he has the right head for relegation battles. Not fussed if he stays or goes given the less players we have who are confidence shot the better

Needs a rocket up his... as they say.

Just going through the motions against Newcastle but he wasn't the only one.

If he commits to the club he could be a real asset but like most of the squad he's a lonnngggg way off Premier League standard. Would look good in a better team, or lower league.

I'm surprised Smith hasn't got more from him since he was a player he was once keen on, but then he needs a rocket too.

Edited by Capt. Pants

44 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

He's clearly got talent, but very little end product.  We've had a lot of players like that over the years, though.

My fear with him is that he thinks he's better than he is and becomes unsettled end of season - as the comment above says a year in the championship could be what he needs to hone his final delivery/decision making.

I agree. He started slowly (as did the whole team) but then we saw a marked improvement and his injury came at just the wrong time. His first match out was that infamous away match at Newcastle who had ten men for 80 minutes yet we were so pathetically slow in our build up that we chucked two points down the toilet. A fit Rashica who was really blossoming at the time could have got us over the line in that game. Short time later we outplayed United here only to lose to that penalty. Again, Rashica might have made all the difference. 

When he came back in January he fairly quickly got up to speed and we saw some super bits of play from him that made him look head and shoulders above the rest (not difficult I admit). Worryingly his form has now slumped again and he looks a long way short of the player that Villa (and others) were allegedly keen on a couple of years ago. Main drawbacks with him are his total lack of end product either by way of assists or attempts at goal himself. The sitters he missed v Brentford and Brighton are examples. He will definitely get his agent to try and secure him a move in my opinion. Whether he succeeds is a another matter entirely of course.     

Jury's still out for me. He gets into good positions but often lacks a convincing end product.

Should have more goals and assists but I have a feeling he will improve.

Like most if not all last summer signings hard to see us making a Profit or even getting our money back when it comes to selling 

57 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

He will definitely get his agent to try and secure him a move in my opinion. Whether he succeeds is a another matter entirely of course.     

This is interesting. He seems to me like someone who would really benefit from staying put. Think he's shown enough to suggest he could be a success in English football: a season in the Championship could be the making of him. Certainly repeatedly jumping ship after relegation would not be a good look.

• Like 1

Fair comment. But who on ever would ever become as good as Emi

we will never know but if we had kept him, and not wasted the £35m from his sale……..would we have still been related?

1 hour ago, Robert N. LiM said:

This is interesting. He seems to me like someone who would really benefit from staying put. Think he's shown enough to suggest he could be a success in English football: a season in the Championship could be the making of him. Certainly repeatedly jumping ship after relegation would not be a good look.

Assuming he has the same -40% relegation clause in his contract as everyone else is supposed to have apart from Pukki, of course his agent will try to get him a move. I doubt anyone will pay the £10m we will ask for though.

• Like 1

Probably the best of our permanent summer signings but I haven't seen enough to think he is any better than Onel. Flatters to deceive far too often and poor end product. 

As others have said, a season building confidence in the championship could be ideal for him. 

I suspect he will be the one making the most noise to leave this summer 

• Like 1

I'd go so far as to say that Rashica has been the biggest disappointment out of our permanent signings this season. While Tzolis has barely featured and Sargent has a degree of raw potential, Rashica was supposed to be the finished article already.

He's played most of the season but delivered almost nothing. One goal against Liverpool puts him on a par with Ryan Jarvis. The worst part is that he doesn't seem to understand how to play an early through ball for Pukki.

• Like 1

I think he'll look too good for the Championship next season. 

The gulf is wide.

In terms of our Championship side, he'll be a huge asset.

Assuming he stays, I think he will.

I put him in the above average championship player region. 

Shows glimpses but I don't see any commanding MOM performances at premier League level.

A worthy squad player for the championship. I don't see an awful lot more.

I’m a bit disappointed in him. He always looks like a player that can do a lot, going past players etc but in reality his final decision making or end product ends up being poor.

4 hours ago, Bradwell canary said:

Fair comment. But who on ever would ever become as good as Emi

we will never know but if we had kept him, and not wasted the £35m from his sale……..would we have still been related?

This is an interesting conundrum we'll never know.  Had we not sold Emi we, we wouldn't have been able to afford the Sargent-Rash-Tzolis, and would have had to be far more careful on who we bought, focused on specific areas to strengthen. Naturally an Emi would still have created more chances for pukki, we may have scored more goals, won more games, such was their understanding.

Equally Emi may have turned into another Cantwell situation. I suspect Webber let Emi go, as the thought was Cantwell could become our creative source, so hoping the addition of Tzolis & Rashica would provide a creative front line. Such is hindsight!  

Rashica will only go if we can make a good profit, & I'd be surprised if anyone's seen enough from him to want to pay £10-15m+ for him.

He'll have a much better 2nd season with us at a lower level, and could be very dangerous

6 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

I suspect Webber let Emi go, as the thought was Cantwell could become our creative source, so hoping the addition of Tzolis & Rashica would provide a creative front line. Such is hindsight!  

Ah ha!  And why did Farke go in the end?  Was it the results or was it because he couldn't get Cantwell to play the role that Webber gambled on?  Increasingly I think the latter, but the run up to Brentford gave Webber the ammunition.  And that was why the Board looked so glum when they realised they had been played.  Now they need some gumption and see him off on to his mountainous adventure and allow his mountainous ego the space he clearly feels it deserves.

• Like 1