Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Newcastle fans yesterday

Imagine having loads of cash but not being considered big enough in football terms for the forthcoming super league.

• Like 1

I’ve always had a soft spot for Newcastle, and its fans, who always seemed proper and authentic in some old fashioned way. Yesterday I looked across at them with nothing short of contempt. Fans have choice and power. Newcastle fans, like some others before them, have chosen to accept blood money in exchange for success. They have exercised their power in support of something deeply, deeply problematic. They have rendered themselves meaningless as a football club and have become a diplomatic play thing, an instrument of a murderous regime’s soft power. Sod ‘em! 

• Like 5

Their new found wealth and improved fortunes has not brought out the best in them. Thought they were gobby and arrogant yesterday. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Must be real nice having your club being ran with blood money 🙃

FRCPxHvXMAAIlrm?format=jpg&name=small

I see this and then I read them saying their league position has nothing to do with them spending a shed load of money in January. Which is it lads?

That picture sums up the reason why they're so much more vocal than our fans,  all males mostly between 20 and 40 years old. if you took a picture of a similar section of our fans at least half of them would be over the age of 60, a quarter would be women and children and the rest would be similar to them.

2 minutes ago, kdncfc said:

That picture sums up the reason why they're so much more vocal than our fans,  all males mostly between 20 and 40 years old. if you took a picture of a similar section of our fans at least half of them would be over the age of 60, a quarter would be women and children and the rest would be similar to them.

So your answer to the problem perceived by you is...............................?

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

So your answer to the problem perceived by you is...............................?

Sorry TIL - you're making too much noise on this thread..................................

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, kdncfc said:

Perhaps you should ask the club to have a section just for lads aged 20-40, the stewards could check ID at the gate

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Extend the City stand to enable more casual fans to buy tickets may help but in reality there's no simple answer to the problem. I'm 60 and I don't make as much noise when I attend games as I did 20 years ago.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

We may have older fans but they definitely have fatter fans. 

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Is there some policy in Newcastle to pay benefits in cash?

Worse than all of this for me was when the Newcastle fans chanting Timmy Krul's name, whilst the Barclay and Snake Pit sat in silence. 

I did wonder what was going through Tim's mind at that point. 

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

The thing that confused me was when they were saying "we've got out club back" after the takeover. 

Yeah, because a £320bn Saudi regime with severe human rights violations represents Newcastle far better than a working-class British businessman who started with nothing. 

Yeah, I think the problem is "All our Saudi money is going to get us into the top 4 where we've felt we belong for the past 15 years" is too many words for temhem to remember for a chant..

Anyway they may be waving dosh about but their squad flew here and back up there in a turbo-prop.....

NCFC are the jet set....an' travel in style....Not bad for a self-floundering club....

• Haha 1

Probably a good idea to cancel season tickets when any NCFC fan reaches 40 solve all the noise problems 

• Haha 1

Like every club they have good and bad fans. I was talking to a few before the game; quite level headed and acknowledge the club is in limbo at the moment. 

I'm afraid this is where the game is heading and it's only a matter of time before we struggle to hold our own in the Championship.

I still can't see them being a force.

Sure, they are richer than most now but the big teams here, Liverpool,man u,Arsenal,Chelsea,man city  are rich enough and have the pulling power of history  and being fashionable.

Maybe i thought similar with Man City but I. Pretty sure the best players and their partners prefer living in the Manchester area than Newcastle 

Of course in reality the only jealousy is from those who would love to have what 'the Toon' have.

I'd absolutely love it if they swept all before them and elbowed some of the other pigs from the trough. There'd be plenty of squealing about the unfairness of money deciding football then.

As for the old duffers no longer pulling their weight, they should pull it more often like the youngsters do. The answer could be in their own hands...

If you're fortunate enough to get old being grumpy and miserable is being ungrateful. Of course being grumpy and miserable isn't really an age problem.so let's cull the grumpy and miserable whatever their age🙃

Edited by nutty nigel

11 minutes ago, glory.win or die. said:

I still can't see them being a force.

Sure, they are richer than most now but the big teams here, Liverpool,man u,Arsenal,Chelsea,man city  are rich enough and have the pulling power of history  and being fashionable.

Maybe i thought similar with Man City but I. Pretty sure the best players and their partners prefer living in the Manchester area than Newcastle 

They’ll be winning plenty of trophies rightfully or wrongfully. Just look at their points haul since the January window closed. Quality players won’t want to join them? Of course they will and already have. 

6 hours ago, kdncfc said:

Agreed. It's always been an atmosphere vacuum. It's a family day out following Norwich from Grandmothers to granddaughters. Its great in principle but also part of the reason we're deemed such an easy touch. Everyone likes little old family norwich.