Sign in to follow this  
Maltesecanary

Premier league bye bye 👋 see you soon Again

I'll suggest we don't "see you soon" at all, will be a long time before we're back at the top table again

• Like 1

No point in us being in the premiership with this setup/ownership. Been there multiple times and failed miserably each time. Not even close to making a success of it. The self sustaining model is a wonderful idea but in reality doesn’t work when competing with the wealthiest. Money talks in football I’m afraid, it buys that extra bit of quality that we just don’t have. We will not bounce back so easy next time and I fear we may see Championship mediocrity for some time.

Went into battle with an unloaded gun again.

• Like 1

If we finish in a promotion place next season maybe we can just take the money but refuse the promotion and just play another season in the champs for another trophy 😉 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

In my opinion it’s not the ownership that’s to blame for our poor performance, it’s solely down to money wrecking the game - no one was moaning about Delia when we got promoted under Lambert were they?

What I would love is for UEFA to change the rules and make all teams in the European top flight leagues self-funded or have a maximum annual expenditure of about £100m (including wages). I’m not keen on the 51% fan majority as we’ve seen the only team that’s benefited from that rule in the Bundesliga is Bayern Munich

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

In my opinion it’s not the ownership that’s to blame for our poor performance, it’s solely down to money wrecking the game - no one was moaning about Delia when we got promoted under Lambert were they?

What I would love is for UEFA to change the rules and make all teams in the European top flight leagues self-funded or have a maximum annual expenditure of about £100m (including wages). I’m not keen on the 51% fan majority as we’ve seen the only team that’s benefited from that rule in the Bundesliga is Bayern Munich

How the hell can you defend the owners after yet another embarrassing season especially when they employ that fraud of a Sporting Director? 

Little Old Norwich syndrome strikes again 🙈

Just now, TheBaldOne66 said:

How the hell can you defend the owners after yet another embarrassing season especially when they employ that fraud of a Sporting Director? 

It’s not defending the owners saying the league is s41t

imagine defending the premier league

its the root cause, you have to go further and get to root cause.

Rubbish! It’s funny how the likes of Brentford survived isn’t it? Nothing to do with the EPL at all, it’s about owners who are past their sell by date!

How many other clubs have 80 year old owners, who are happy for a Sporting Director to devote 90% to a job? 

NONE 

• Like 1

When you have a club run by National League standard owners any expectation of a quick return to the EPL is fantasy land thinking. Pleading with Webber to stay when he’s spending his time more concerned with non-football interests shows how deluded our owners are. The positive is that we should avoid a relegation battle next season.

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

**** off to the Championship.

We're we belong and **** off Webber!

I wonder with his Everest focus growing, and he said he'll only extend by a year, whether he might announce he's off in the summer!

2 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

I wonder with his Everest focus growing, and he said he'll only extend by a year, whether he might announce he's off in the summer!

We can only dream. A total charlatan! Maybe he’ll like Everest so much, he’ll stay there… along with his wife… and the rest of our unambitious board. 🙏🏻

7 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

****ing hope so!

• Like 1

Even though we were promised that lessons had been learned from last time, and that things would be different this time, the bottom line is, as we keep on a proving, you can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear.

And we have an awful lot of pigs ears.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

He's correct though isnt he. They don't run the club badly, they want it to succeed, they have put their money and effort in. They are far from incompetent. On a relatively level playing field financially, Norwich would do well under the current owners.What they don't have is the money to compete with the globe's billionaires.

That doesn't make them terrible and it's a shame that a person living locally and who cares deeply for the club can't make it work in the top division because the premier league is essentially a collection of 'super yachts' for the worlds richest to parade around with.

Now I might welcome new ownership that could help us compete in the premier league. I would like us to be owned by someone with more money as it's clear it's the only option in this day and age.

However the vitriol they receive on here is just ridiculous. It's just a load of frustrated, angry men taking it out on two genuinely well meaning people because they feel a sense of humiliation at losing to teams funded by, in quite a few cases, a load of shady money. For **** sake, we got beaten today by the combined oil wealth of the Saudi state, I find that sad but not embarrassing in the slightest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Making Plans said:

Even though we were promised that lessons had been learned from last time, and that things would be different this time, the bottom line is, as we keep on a proving, you can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear.

And we have an awful lot of pigs ears.

Precisely… until we join the dark side and get some far more robust external backing we will always fail at the top level.

Time to accept that we don’t belong. No point even bothering to get wound up about it now tbh. I’m surprised 27k people can be arsed turning up anymore.

If you're competetive the Prem is excellent, problem is we're not and under the current owners we never will be.

Don't like where Newcastles money has come from but once again it proves that money is king at this level, they would almost certainly have gone down without it.

23 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Rubbish! It’s funny how the likes of Brentford survived isn’t it? Nothing to do with the EPL at all, it’s about owners who are past their sell by date!

How many other clubs have 80 year old owners, who are happy for a Sporting Director to devote 90% to a job? 

NONE 

Next season Brentford are

FFFFFFFFFFFFF

uccccccccccked my man

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Next season Brentford are

FFFFFFFFFFFFF

uccccccccccked my man

On what do you base that then? And I suppose you think the shower of **** called Norwich will win the league again too do you? 

Just now, TheBaldOne66 said:

On what do you base that then? And I suppose you think the shower of **** called Norwich will win the league again too do you? 

Brentford are Sheffield United. They came into the league with momentum based on failed promotions

Theyll be the first premier league team to get beat 10-0

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Brentford are Sheffield United. They came into the league with momentum based on failed promotions

Theyll be the first premier league team to get beat 10-0

Odds on to go down next year I suspect

26 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

No chance. Who'll pay for his mountaineering if we don't?