chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Newcastle (PL/H) *****

May be an image of 2 people and text that says "LOTUS Joma Vitalit Premier League LEUNTED LOTUS NORWICHCITY V NEWCASTLE CARROW ROAD SATURDAY APRIL KICK-OFF 3PM (UK)"
May be an image of text that says "GLOBAL KICK-OFF NORWICH CITYV NEWCASTLEUNITED UNITED Helsinki 17:00 Toronto 10:00 Norwich 15:00 Berlin 16:00 Tampa Bay 10:00 Los Angeles 07:00 Beijing 22:00 Pristina 16:00 Abu Dhabi 18:00 Athens 17:00 Rio De Janeiro 11:00 Seoul 23:00 Santiago 10:00 Hong Kong 22:00 Bangkok 21:00 Nairobi 17:00 TAMPA BAY FLORIDA Buenos Aires 11:00 Sydney 00:00"
May be an image of ‎5 people and ‎text that says "‎HAPPY ST. GEORGE'S DAY 5 M 14 ت (((‎"‎‎
May be an image of 2 people and text that says "HEAD TO HEAD 2021-22 1r STATZONE 31 APPEARANCES 10 31 GOALS 5 82 DUELS WON 74 231 PASSING ACC % 3 55 ASSISTS ASTORE 24 Ο RB 22poKi TEEMU QMS L TOUCHES PG 29 COMMUNITY PARTNER 20WOOD CHRIS Friendly and professional support throughout your ISO journey."
image.png.f36c7adf2cb85d739803df3e64213af6.png
May be an image of 12 people and text that says "STARTINGX cத #NORNÉW PUKKI RASHICA DOWELL LEES-MELOU McLEAN 福 LOTUS NORMANN GIANNOULIS C ZIMMERMANN HANLEY BYRAM KRUL SUBS GILMOUR SORENSEN WILLIAMS. GUNN. GIBSON AARONS TZOLIS ROWE PŁACHETA DRAFT KINGS"

Videos:

Articles:
The bbc seems to like us again this week and have their article up here.
The Pinkun has it's pre match press conference article here. 
The club has it's match preview at canaries.co.uk here.
Newcastle have their own match preview article here.

Ins, Outs, Shake em all abouts:
Norwich: Sargent(ankle) remains out for this game though is targeting the game Vs Villa for his return. Rupp(knee) is out though the injury is not serious. Idah and Omorbamidele are out for the rest of the season, as is Kabak who has returned to his parent club for treatment. McLean has a fractured toe but is fit to play, Lees-Melou came off last time out with cramp but is fit to play again today. Williams is available for selection after being ineligible Vs his parent club Man Utd. 
Newcastle: Isaac Hayden, Ryan Fraser, Kieran Trippier, Callum Wilson and Jamal Lewis remain sidelined.

Referee: Chris Kavanagh. 
Assistants: Marc Perry, Matthew Wilkes. 
Fourth official: James Linington. 
VAR: Simon Hooper. 
Assistant VAR: Wade Smith.

A little bit of knowledge:
Newcastle United were formed in 1892 following the merger of Newcastle East End and Newcastle West End - hence the 'united' representing the unification of the two clubs. Their home ground of St. James' Park is believed to be the oldest in England and fixtures were played there prior to the merger of the two clubs in the 1880's. They have historically won the old First Division title four times, three of which came in 1905, 1907 and 1908, the last was in 1927. They also have 6 FA cup titles to their name. In case it needs reminding, Alan Shearer remains their top scorer with 206 goals.

Rays Funds for the Community Sports Foundation
No photo description available.
Nutty has his PUPs thread up and running as usual. Please do go and take a look and take part in all of the fun.

Something extra...

Edited by chicken
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Give it 90% lads!

OTBC

Id take that back 5 in the champs. 

Middle 3 our season long weakest link, but to be reasonable they have been improving lately. 

Let's see if Pukki can make it 3 in 3. 

Edited by Norfolk Dan

Only Normann of the loanees in the starting eleven.

Are we to read something in that?

I hope so. What we have seen of him at his best would rip the Chumps wide open.

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

Wondering if it is maybe time to move on from Rupp this summer. Good player but just can't stay fit.

I think (if fit) he will do well in the champs. Can see him being tried in a attacking role

7 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Only Normann of the loanees in the starting eleven.

Are we to read something in that?

I hope so. What we have seen of him at his best would rip the Chumps wide open.

I think more to do with going with the same since performances have been much improved, and results a bit better.

5 minutes ago, Green Canary said:

Hasn't McLean got a broken toe? I'm no medic, but don't you need your feet to work pretty well at this level?

It's not a necessity for our lot to be honest 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Green Canary said:

Hasn't McLean got a broken toe? I'm no medic, but don't you need your feet to work pretty well at this level?

Fractured. 

At least Smith hasn't changed the formation which has looked fairly good in the last two games. Although I'm expecting a touch of Billy in the second half. Can Smith snatch defeat from possible victory again?

Just now, canarybubbles said:

At least Smith hasn't changed the formation which has looked fairly good in the last two games. Although I'm expecting a touch of Billy in the second half. Can Smith snatch defeat from possible victory again?

Might put a bet on Norwich winning HT Newcastle winning FT 😁

18 minutes ago, Green Canary said:

His feet not working hasn’t bothered him so far this season!  😂

• Haha 1