Sign in to follow this  
SwearyCanary

As a Norwich fan I’m backing ………… in the epl next year

Obviously we are NCFC til we die and all that BUT, with us being observers to the prem next year, which other team would you like to see do well? We seem to have a lot of grudges against some clubs for varying reasons but are there any we can get behind?

Rules: must be current EPL side or Fulham and Must provide reason

I think it’d have to be Palace for me. Something about them I like this season, getting a handful of decent results (some crud too obvs) that you could really enjoy as a fan, don’t find them offensive especially and quite like Viera…

Brighton a close call but I’m ruling out the big 6 elites, hate Everton, West Ham and Leeds and jealous of Brentford so would like to see someone not us getting routinely battered after the Bees love in this season. 

Although I've no specific interest as such in any other Premier League team, I feel we can liken ourselves to Palace to a degree. I'd have to say them if I had to pick

Edited by JB
  • Like 1

I'll keep an eye out for Spurs, for familial reasons, but to be honest I'm not that interested in a league we're not in. I guess I'm saying that I am losing interest in football, especially the PL.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Herman said:

I'll keep an eye out for Spurs, for familial reasons, but to be honest I'm not that interested in a league we're not in. I guess I'm saying that I am losing interest in football, especially the PL.

That’s fair, but I still find myself a sucker for the results as they roll in. I do miss the games being mainly on a Saturday though. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

None of them, not interested in any of them..............

This. Although CC’s right, that British love of the underdog would kick in if Luton did go up.

If we do well and look like we have a decent shout at going up, I’ll start to look at the PL table to try and work out the three clubs we have the best chance of getting above, but that’s the extent of my interest.

• Like 1

Curiously, in recent years I've actually paid more attention to the Premier League when we're not in it.

I guess it's because our last two seasons in the EPL have been such an embarrassment, that I haven't wanted to watch MotD or seek out the usual football podcasts.

Anyway, I understand not all NCFC fans are necessarily from Norwich, so may have a second team to follow. Personally, I don't.

The PL is an irrelevance for me if we are not in it.  The only thing that could spike my interest would be if an unfancied team looked as if it could break the monolopy at the top, but generally, it's a case of concentrating on the league we are in and the PL circus can look after itself until we are back in it.

• Like 1

Brighton, my son is a fan, and they have built it steadily, I sort of think we can match what they have done.

34 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

Brighton, my son is a fan, and they have built it steadily, I sort of think we can match what they have done.

Do you think you could talk Tony Bloom into investing £400 million of his own money into Norwich City.

(Just so we can steadily build in the same way that Brighton have done). 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I don't mind Brighton or Brentford, I like teams that are very data driven

I hope Man City win the league and Haaland scores 100 goals, a) to underline the ridiculousness of things, b) I really can't stand Liverpool. Hope Klopp has a coronary

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Do you think you could talk Tony Bloom into investing £400 million of his own money into Norwich City.

(Just so we can steadily build in the same way that Brighton have done). 

And buy us a Belgian Pro league club (Union Saint Gilloise) as a farm team.

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Raggatip said:

I don't mind Brighton or Brentford, I like teams that are very data driven

I hope Man City win the league and Haaland scores 100 goals, a) to underline the ridiculousness of things, b) I really can't stand Liverpool. Hope Klopp has a coronary

I want Liverpool to win the title, as it would draw them level with Man Utd on top flight titles and shut the Man Utd fans up temporarily at least.

5 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

Anyway, I understand not all NCFC fans are necessarily from Norwich, so may have a second team to follow. Personally, I don't.

This, it's Norwich or nothing for me, the Premiership is just a money League now and those that control it are not interested in small Clubs. The Linekars and Shearers are all on board, waxing lyrical about how good Liverpool or City are when they've spent a fortune on imported talent...... it's just business now, not sport, there's no loyalty, from players, Managers, even supporters hop from one Club to another if they're having a bad Season. 

Call me old fashioned, (I am) but I don't support Norwich because they're the biggest or the best but because I was born there, they're my Club, through thick and thin and nothing is ever going to change that. 

• Like 2

It's more a case of who I hate least than who I like most. Probably Brighton.

Outside the PL, I like Exeter and I have developed a soft spot this season for Morecambe. I really hope they can stay up against the odds.

• Like 1

Probably Brentford as they are the  closest club in financial terms to us.

Also I've got mates who are big Arsenal and Palace fans so I always hope they do well.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Herman said:

Me too, don’t watch the Championship if we’re not in it and don’t watch the Premier League if we’re not in it, apart from the occasional Watford game.

I can barely get interested in the Prem when we're in it. Have zero interest when we're not. It's the most boring league in the world. The quality of football and footballers is very good, but when the outcomes of the matches have absolutely no importance as the league only ever features a few teams at the top and everyone else is competing to be the best midtable side, what is the point?

It really is tepid, turgid and needs a massive reboot as watching man city or Liverpool win the title every year barely losing a game all season is incredibly boring.

• Like 3

I'd like to see Man Utd get back on track.  I dislike Man City and the this two horse race between them and Liverpool will become stale very quick.

Sadly the rest of the EPL is just also rans, **** league really.  If/when we're in championship all my focus will be there.

I don't ask for much. Liverpool to win nowt, coz, they got us banned from Europe. ManUre to Carry On Failing, and, I just want the Banks to Reel in all The Debt

Come on you Yellows

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, kick it off said:

I can barely get interested in the Prem when we're in it. Have zero interest when we're not. It's the most boring league in the world. The quality of football and footballers is very good, but when the outcomes of the matches have absolutely no importance as the league only ever features a few teams at the top and everyone else is competing to be the best midtable side, what is the point?

It really is tepid, turgid and needs a massive reboot as watching man city or Liverpool win the title every year barely losing a game all season is incredibly boring.

This. Maybe just jaded from our weak showing over the last couple of seasons, but I doubt I'll have any interest in it next season. Very, very dull league.

• Like 1

I'd like Newcastle be crowned champions within a few seasons thus reaffirming titles can be bought regardless of the owner’s ethics. Then I'd like us to be bought out by Lockheed Martin and our shirt sponsor to have a picture of pile of dead "foreign" babies on the front. 

Then the EPL would be shown in its true light.

• Haha 1