Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

Apathy

I think that the situation is much worse than many think. The truth is in days gone by much larger numbers of fans would have been moved to protest to try to improve things. Trying to convince my kids to go to the games these days is pretty difficult and as been said before we have probably only seen one decent performance at home all season.

I renewed my season tickets last week against my better judgement so I suppose the club has my money and can do what they like now anyway. I guess I did it in the hope that we may have a manager who wants to play football the Norwich way some time in the coming months. The fact that the board cannot see that the scale of the failure this season given the squad and the money spend is beyond me.

This is Worthingtons team, hand picked and built by him, the fact that they do not play as a team can only be down to tactics or personnel, in either case the buck stops firmly with our manager.

The truth is I''m sure a very high proportion of the crowd think its time for a change but that things have gotten so bad they cant be bothered to do anything about it.

There really is no way back for Worthington and the longer we persist with him the more fans will be driven away.

I''m not sure I will bother going to the rest of the games this season as it just depresses me to be outplayed by teams like Brighton and Stoke regardless of the final score.

I used to post on the various message boards regularly with a passion now I can barely be bothered to read them.

I dont know if I have ever been so dissapointed in Norwich City Football club at any point in the last 30 years.

I dont believe that the team are behind the manager at all regardless of the regular columns in the papers because if they were they would show more on the pitch.

Dont even get me started about Andy Hughes.

Well said mate. I couldn''t put it better. I''ve supported City for 50 years and I too cannot recall being so downhearted and frustrated with the situation. The board did a magnificent job galvanising support and now it will drip away unless our wishes are granted.

I couldn''t bring myself to renew my season ticket but I will in the next few weeks and like my mates it will be accompanied by a letter to Doomcaster (although perhaps we can call him Doncaster again as I feel he might just be a Worthy outer now!)

OTBC whatever

Keelan

Almost couldn''t be bothered to answer your post............lol

Can''t really argue with a lot you have said here.  I didn''t go on Saturday, but it was for family, not footballing reasons.  I shall be back in April but don''t expect anything will have changed for the better....  As far as I see it at the moment, there is a split between the fans, and that hasn''t happened for a while, seems, funnily to be worse than during the Chase Out era.  Perhaps we didn''t mix so much then and didn''t have the benefit of message boards.

As for the game, I rang my son on Saturday evening to enquire about how it had gone (already knowing the result).  He told me it was dire, but about the same as most other games I had seen this year. He told me I had missed nothing and he was getting to the point of not bothering to go anymore.  (He is nearly 20 and has had a season ticket since he was 5 years old).  Multiply this a few hundred times across other families and groups of people who are similarly disenchanted and the club has a serious problem.  Yes, (just read on home page) season ticket renewals are pretty good) but that is then countered by a spokesperson saying a lot of people had sent in letters about their reluctance to renew because of this season''s poor performances. 

I chose to renew because I can''t see the board keeping Worthington on for much longer.  If he quietly goes (by mutual agreement perhaps) in the summer then I shall look forward to another campaign.  If he stays, I won''t be so enthusiastic, but will still go as it''s the club I support, not the manager.  I also hope to see some football again  one day too! 

Finally, however bad it gets, the one thing which keeps me going is the thought of  Mr Worthington being the one who finally stops me going to Carrow Road, it''s not going to happen.  The club and the team are far bigger than a manager, and the manager will (despite his views of the fans) never be bigger than the fans of our club.  

Keelan, I do hope that your love for the club will see you through this dire spell.  Hopefully, sometime soon (next season...) we will be able to go to the match again in anticipation of some decent football.  Keep that thought mate.....

I don''t join in protests because I don''t think sacking Worthington is the right thing to do, and to quote other posters, I know others who feel the same. I however also do not start Keep Worthy campaigns. Maybe I''m suffering from a bit of apathy aswell.

[quote user="Danno"]I don''t join in protests because I don''t think sacking Worthington is the right thing to do, and to quote other posters, I know others who feel the same. I however also do not start Keep Worthy campaigns. Maybe I''m suffering from a bit of apathy aswell.[/quote]

so what exactly is the right thing to do then danno - nothing?????

For some reason I feel more down that I was under Hamilton and when O''Neill left. Its illogical because we have higher attendances, better players and true expectations. Maybe with Hamilton we all knew it wasn''t happening, so we had little realistic ambition

The quality of football reminds me of the Hamilton "loanee" period. So why am I more depressed now than I was then?

I don''t see how anyone can see this as the worst time of the past thirty, forty or fifty years. I''d rather be here now than back in the Chase era...

I don''t feel this doom and gloom about the whole situation like the worlds going to end or something, which some others seem to.

Somethings not right, I''m not sure what, but whether Nigel is manager or not, the world still keeps tuning you know. Life''s too short.

Just my perspective...

Now if I knew what the right thing to do was, then I would be a cheif exec of a football club, and even then I''m not sure I''d be certain. But certainly doing nothing (and sticking with NW) might well end up being the right thing to do. My point was though, with both "sides" claiming the majority of feeling there are probably a lot of people who simply are not the convinced of either argument and join no protests.