Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

£6m Maddison windfall?

The Sun is reporting that Spurs and Arsenal are keen on Maddison and mention a fee of around £65m. That would land us £6m as we have a 15% sell on clause. Although some of that may have to go to Coventry. 

Great bit of business that. Really don't think he's worth that sort of money, world's gone crazy.

Will offset some of the lost transfer fee we were once hoping to get for Cantwell.

28 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Great bit of business that. Really don't think he's worth that sort of money, world's gone crazy.

Will offset some of the lost transfer fee we were once hoping to get for Cantwell.

It certainly has gone crazy. Manchester City are reported to have offered Haaland a weekly amount of £500k. That's not far off what our whole team is earning this season. 

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

It certainly has gone crazy. Manchester City are reported to have offered Haaland a weekly amount of £500k. That's not far off what our whole team is earning this season. 

Reports that Manure have offered the same to Pogba to keep him (Why?) and the rest who do actually try are up in arms.

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

£25m a year, I thought Badger said we’re spending £90m this year on wages? 

24 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Reports that Manure have offered the same to Pogba to keep him (Why?) and the rest who do actually try are up in arms.

My God! That's absolutely crazy. Don't they know what someone looks like who doesn't give a ****? 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

£25m a year, I thought Badger said we’re spending £90m this year on wages? 

I meant the 11 players on the pitch. Sorry, I'm getting sloppy lately 🙄 It must be our great leader that's done it. I just struggle with facts these days...... 

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I meant the 11 players on the pitch. Sorry, I'm getting sloppy lately 🙄 It must be our great leader that's done it. I just struggle with facts these days...... 

No problem, our cleaners and catering staff must be coining it in. 

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Maguire was bought for 80 million. It's the 'hyped up English player tax'

Is it a 15% sell on clause or 15% of any profit, so essentially the difference between what they paid us and what they are getting paid? 

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

My God! That's absolutely crazy. Don't they know what someone looks like who doesn't give a ****? 

Guess that the business is happy to keep high profile players to broaden their international appeal and make money that way. Marketing over football

2 hours ago, priceyrice said:

Is it a 15% sell on clause or 15% of any profit, so essentially the difference between what they paid us and what they are getting paid? 

It's 15% of profit. How much did Leicester pay for him £22m or £24m or whatever it was. So if he was sold for £65m I guess that would be £6m.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

The Sun is reporting that Spurs and Arsenal are keen on Maddison and mention a fee of around £65m. That would land us £6m as we have a 15% sell on clause. Although some of that may have to go to Coventry. 

I don’t think anything will go to Coventry, as they had a sell-on fee clause when we sold him to Leicester. There was no “sell-on sell-on fee”. 

I think he’s a bargain at that price, as he’s a type of player that can create something out of nothing and score free kicks. Priceless in the Premier League. And when compared to £83m for Maguire or £93 for Pogba (just to name a few)… well. 

11 minutes ago, Robornio said:

I don’t think anything will go to Coventry, as they had a sell-on fee clause when we sold him to Leicester. There was no “sell-on sell-on fee”. 

I think he’s a bargain at that price, as he’s a type of player that can create something out of nothing and score free kicks. Priceless in the Premier League. And when compared to £83m for Maguire or £93 for Pogba (just to name a few)… well. 

You're correct there, Coventry have had there sell on from his move to Leicester, was in excess of £2.2m

1 hour ago, Robornio said:

You might be right but if their advisor knew what they were doing you might also be wrong. 

The simple fact is that neither of us knows what it says in the contract. If it says 10% of any subsequent fee then we may have to pay. 

6 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

It's possible that he doesn't try precisley because someone is always going to offer him plus 350k whatever he does due to natural ability and name recognition alone. God only knows, there's plenty of people who wouldnt bust a lung if they were guaranteed that kind of income for 5 year.

On the plus side, that's about 300 nurses a year in tax income for the UK state alone.

If Maddison pulled his finger out and won that elusive England Cap might have got some add ons.  What do you have to do not to get a cap under Southgate? 

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/transfer-news/coventry-city-james-maddison-deal-14803846

image.png.601e41706425665aafe452b53a4ce74a.png

If ive read that correctly - Coventry get a %age of any trigger points met whilst at Leicester, and we benefit, IE England call up, Euro qualification etc, to th same %age of any sell on clause already agreed. 

What they dont get is a %age of a further sale fee should that happen. 

If this comes off then you have to say fair play to Webber, assuming he negotiated that in.