Sign in to follow this  
yellowrider120

How boring it must be!!

If you're a player or a fan of that arrogant, money obsessed, 'entitled' club in West London who (again) will be in another F A Cup Final. If I had not known the result and switched on the TV just after the final whistle I would have been convinced they had lost. The subs stumbling down to the pitch, the players on the pitch and even the fans looked (and sounded) as if they were bored out of their minds. No scenes of players jumping around in a group in front of their fans, no excitement, no fun just bordeom. Watch again as the players slowly stroll round the Chelsea end and limply clap the supporters. They weren't even in a group for Christs sake! They had the look of a dispirited bunch who had just lost. Faces grimly drawn as if they didn't even want to be there. I had never seen anything like it from a team who had just won and reached the Final! 

About 25 years of almost constant trophies bought by Russian money have dulled supporters and players alike it seems. I have zero admiration for the 'never our fault' Scousers but at least their players seem to enjoy winning. From that point of view alone I hope they thrash the Russians in the Final.     

• Like 2

Yes so boring. Much better to be a laughing stock and relegated every time you are in the premier league. Jeez.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

Yes so boring. Much better to be a laughing stock and relegated every time you are in the premier league. Jeez.

What are you on about? Are you genuinely comparing Chelsea to us? If so you're the only person on this thread doing so.

9 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

This thread was specifically about what I saw on TV yesterday from the Chelsea players and fans. No attempt to make any comparison with us. 

I thought the Palace fans were excellent though.

Chelsea players and fans were just going through the motions. You would have hoped the ownership situation would have galvanised their loyal supporters, but the sense of entitlement continues to grow.

I've nothing against their players, but their fans are something else.

7 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I thought the Palace fans were excellent though.

Chelsea players and fans were just going through the motions. You would have hoped the ownership situation would have galvanised their loyal supporters, but the sense of entitlement continues to grow.

I've nothing against their players, but their fans are something else.

Totally agree. It was an awful watch at the end. Yes I know the argument is ...............'we've been here before'  but you may as well go and do something else with your life if an FA Cup Semi Final has so little value for you.

English football is getting to be like the Scottish PL, dominated by three clubs in our case. Everyone else is there to make up the numbers and keep the big money and egos turning.

What about Liverpool in the eighties?....Dominating the 1st Division, winning trophies and even their reserve squad (Wark and Co) could have easily held their own in that league....

10 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

What about Liverpool in the eighties?....Dominating the 1st Division, winning trophies and even their reserve squad (Wark and Co) could have easily held their own in that league....

Didn’t they travel by coach too for domestic matches? 

9 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

This thread was specifically about what I saw on TV yesterday from the Chelsea players and fans. No attempt to make any comparison with us. 

What?? ....and miss out on the chance to give his 'own' club a good kicking 

As I watched the Glaziers oddly subdued performance yesterday, the big bald guy next to me in the pub informed me he stopped watching the Arsenal in 1992. Turns out we both watch the Orient and both live walking distance from the ground. After further revelations from him he asked me who I supported. When I replied simply “ Norwich” he said nothing. 
I’m still yet to encounter this “laughing stock” perception. 

5 hours ago, duke63 said:

English football is getting to be like the Scottish PL, dominated by three clubs in our case. Everyone else is there to make up the numbers and keep the big money and egos turning.

Ouch!

Take your true true talk somewhere else!

😉

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, corbs said:

As I watched the Glaziers oddly subdued performance yesterday, the big bald guy next to me in the pub informed me he stopped watching the Arsenal in 1992. Turns out we both watch the Orient and both live walking distance from the ground. After further revelations from him he asked me who I supported. When I replied simply “ Norwich” he said nothing. 
I’m still yet to encounter this “laughing stock” perception. 

His silence on the topic speaks volumes. I doubt he would laugh in your face. He probably didn’t know how to console you.